IGNORED

Pearson

Hampshire reds

Throw the lot at it and go for Pep, Jurgen Klopp, Joey Barton, Alan Dicks ?   No, I'm sure you can come up with a few serious contenders to take us forward, HR.

Thanks, but I think I'll stick with supporting Nigel and co and to try not to act like a big baby every time there is a set back.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 9
  • Robin 1

5 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Throw the lot at it and go for Pep, Jurgen Klopp, Joey Barton, Alan Dicks ?   No, I'm sure you can come up with a few serious contenders to take us forward, HR.

Thanks, but I think I'll stick with supporting Nigel and co and to try not to act like a big baby every time there is a set back.

17 without a home win is not a setback, it is a worrying trend. I am not sure a change of manager is the answer though. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Pezo said:

If Pearson isn't the answer I'm not sure who is it's just going to take some time.

Absolutely right.

Nige has a three year project and we’re only 13 games into his first year. When he was appointed most us said that we’d be happy with a mid table finish this season.

There will be ups and downs every season as there would be with any manager but hopefully progress every season. Stick with Nige and we’ll be ok.

• Like 7

Having slept on it - I’ve woken up thinking Pearson will still have the backing of the vast majority of the board and many fans but as KITR’s thread points out there will start to be genuine doubts from even the most level headed and sensible among us.

The 3 year plan is all well and good and I’m all for it but results at home do need to start picking up ASAP or you fear for the crowd inevitably turning on Pearson and the project.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Lrrr said:

*looks back to July comments about just being happy to be away from a relegation fight*

October and someone calling for Pearson’s head when we’re not in a relegation scrap ‘yeah that sounds about right’ 

You don’t think we’re in a relegation scrap?  I’m sorry, but I think we are.  Unless we start winning at home, we will be relegated.  You cannot stay up if you cannot win home games.  No way will we be able to accumulate enough away points to compensate.  If Pearson can’t get us winning at home then we will go down, end of story, and at present we are just stumbling from one disaster to another.  Talk of three-year plans is all very well, but does that include going down to League One?  

Ultimately Pearson is the man in charge and has to carry the can.  All managers lose their mojo eventually, and perhaps Pearson has lost his already.  I would love to see him turn it around but we simply cannot afford to end up in League One.  It’s unthinkable.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

7 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

i wont a new manager. 17 games without a home win is Pathetic. i know i will take stick for saying this but so what.  fed up with going to Ashton gate to see this week in week out. surely i am not on my own thinking about a change.

NP never promised to be a miracle worker but he has improved us considerably.

Yes it's extremely frustrating, annoying & possibly upsetting but I feel confident he will get us through this :pray:.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

Pearson inherited an absolute shambles. 12? players out of contract, a fair bit more deadwood with no funds for mass upheaval.

I'm disappointed Pearson hasn't had more of the "new manager bounce", there's been almost none which is rare for a new manager. I thought his presence and experience alone would give us a lift.

I still think he's the best manager we could have attracted in terms of a "name", and probably the biggest we've had in my time watching City.

Names don't win games though, so although I still back Pearson and I really want him to do well, I'm starting to get nervous about where we are heading

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You don’t think we’re in a relegation scrap?  I’m sorry, but I think we are.  Unless we start winning at home, we will be relegated.  You cannot stay up if you cannot win home games.  No way will we be able to accumulate enough away points to compensate.  If Pearson can’t get us winning at home then we will go down, end of story, and at present we are just stumbling from one disaster to another.  Talk of three-year plans is all very well, but does that include going down to League One?  

Ultimately Pearson is the man in charge and has to carry the can.  All managers lose their mojo eventually, and perhaps Pearson has lost his already.  I would love to see him turn it around but we simply cannot afford to end up in League One.  It’s unthinkable.

It goes without saying that if our current trends continues  WE WIL GO DOWN.  

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

It goes without saying that if our current trends continues  WE WIL GO DOWN.  

Absolutely, we can’t score more than one goal at home and we can’t keep a clean sheet at home so we could go for ever and a day waiting for a victory, i’m afraid NP has had more than enough time to turn this home form (and performances) around but has failed miserably.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Our current trend of 1.23 points per game? That’d give us 56 points. Not sure a team has ever been relegated with 56 points…. So NO WE WON’T. 

As I said last night, people seem to have convinced themselves that the home form definitely won't improve but the away form will definitely get a lot worse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

It is frustrating that Cooper turned it round in a couple of games at Forest and Nige is struggling a bit here. 

Cooper just needed to rearrange the ornaments on the mantelpiece, inherited good players that Houghton couldn’t get a tune out of, Whereas Pearson has got to polish a very large turd with a very limited supply of polish….. 

We’ve got to allow time and patience, as I don’t think there is anyone more qualified to  turn this club around right now.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

33 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Our current trend of 1.23 points per game? That’d give us 56 points. Not sure a team has ever been relegated with 56 points…. So NO WE WON’T. 

I'm referring to the home form. You can not lose / draw your home games and stay up. It just won't happen. We would have to have a top 2 away form and that just won't happen. 

58 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Pearson inherited an absolute shambles. 12? players out of contract, a fair bit more deadwood with no funds for mass upheaval.

I'm disappointed Pearson hasn't had more of the "new manager bounce", there's been almost none which is rare for a new manager. I thought his presence and experience alone would give us a lift.

I still think he's the best manager we could have attracted in terms of a "name", and probably the biggest we've had in my time watching City.

Names don't win games though, so although I still back Pearson and I really want him to do well, I'm starting to get nervous about where we are heading

January could be interesting, especially if our table position brings forward the summer recruitment plans. You could well see a couple depart to fund arrivals, that said unless it’s someone approaching an out of contract situation, Jan sales rarely bag quality..

1 minute ago, BS3_RED said:

I'm referring to the home form. You can not lose / draw your home games and stay up. It just won't happen. We would have to have a top 2 away form and that just won't happen. 

Ahhh… so what you mean is the following:

If we maintain current home form and suddenly away form is turned on it’s head, then we will go down. 

Seems fair. 

I suspect that Man City will be relegated with the caveat that they don’t win a further game this season…

Quite a good game this. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Ahhh… so what you mean is the following:

If we maintain current home form and suddenly away form is turned on it’s head, then we will go down. 

Seems fair. 

I suspect that Man City will be relegated with the caveat that they don’t win a further game this season…

Quite a good game this. 

:laugh:, no. 

It wont need to be turned on its head though, thats the thing. Plus the fact that we were a little lucky in a couple of those away games ( not that I am complaining about that as I was there, :laugh:). Being realistic, we wont maintain top 2 away form all season, it just wont happen (IMO)