IGNORED

Fighting Outside the Cooper's Arms

sglosbcfc

I was trying to get my two young kids back to the car so was only glancing over, but it appeared a group of 6-8 Forest fans hit a City fan and then when 2 other City fans tried to intervene they were laid out on the road. It was a good half hour after the full time whistle but I did see a police van approaching. Hope the City fans are OK and left a sour taste after what was already a very painful evening.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

All teams coming down here takin the piss now wheres our young uns wouldnt have happened years ago

There were plenty of joyful forest fans taking the piss on Ashton road after the game one of them decided to front up and say "come on then" when he was told where to go (so was obviously like minded?) and got chased around a bit. From what I've seen this season it's pretty normal now for away teams to take the piss on Ashton road. Bournemouth fans were doing it Saturday, Blackpool at the beginning of the season threw a few cans at themselves by accident while trying to target city fans, Preston were gobby apparently (didn't see that one), even Fulham gobbed off a bit but quickly walked away.

I find it interesting because none of that wouldn't have happened pre COVID, not sure what's happened.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

There were plenty of joyful forest fans taking the piss on Ashton road after the game one of them decided to front up and say "come on then" when he was told where to go (so was obviously like minded?) and got chased around a bit. From what I've seen this season it's pretty normal now for away teams to take the piss on Ashton road. Bournemouth fans were doing it Saturday, Blackpool at the beginning of the season threw a few cans at themselves by accident while trying to target city fans, Preston were gobby apparently (didn't see that one), even Fulham gobbed off a bit but quickly walked away.

I find it interesting because none of that wouldn't have happened pre COVID, not sure what's happened.

Maybe all the older lot got killed of with covid ? 

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

All teams coming down here takin the piss now wheres our young uns wouldnt have happened years ago

Mate, this isn’t the 80s. ‘Young uns’ don’t go to football looking for scraps these days…

More interested in their YouTube videos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

Social distancing mate....

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

I saw what happened pre Preston. Absolutely laughable.

Two groups of around 30 came across each other on Ashton Road. There was lots of dancing but absolutely NO contact. Both groups stayed behind their respective side of the Ashton park wall of safety. I didn’t realise that we had installed invisible force fields with the redevelopment! Then some bottles were thrown whilst people jumped onto the wall and back off it again. Then 3 coppers ran in and drew batons and the two groups ran away despite outnumbering the police 10-1 each.

Our lot congratulated each other on the way into the stadium on how it had “properly gone off”. Embarrassing. 

• Haha 9

21 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I was trying to get my two young kids back to the car so was only glancing over, but it appeared a group of 6-8 Forest fans hit a City fan and then when 2 other City fans tried to intervene they were laid out on the road. It was a good half hour after the full time whistle but I did see a police van approaching. Hope the City fans are OK and left a sour taste after what was already a very painful evening.

I hope your kids are OK. My daughter has just got back to city after the Swansea nonsense 2 years ago. She has always had anxiety but these things can scar young people 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Judda said:

I hope your kids are OK. My daughter has just got back to city after the Swansea nonsense 2 years ago. She has always had anxiety but these things can scar young people 

Fine thanks for asking, they didn't see much of it and I got them away sharpish. They haven't mentioned it today and it won't put them off the footy. Although the last 2 minutes of the game nearly put me off the footy! ?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Pezo said:

From what I've seen this season it's pretty normal now for away teams to take the piss on Ashton road. Bournemouth fans were doing it Saturday, Blackpool at the beginning of the season threw a few cans at themselves by accident while trying to target city fans, Preston were gobby apparently (didn't see that one), even Fulham gobbed off a bit but quickly walked away.

Correlation does not equal causation. It has absolutely nothing to do with COVID, it's obviously down to how much our abysmal home form now gives even the quietest away fans a lease of life, particularly when given their obligatory 90th minute booster. I saw every incident you mentioned* and it was largely that, and the contrast is more obvious now that our fans trudge away in Lowry painting levels of depression at this repeated shit show.

Pre-COVID as boring as home performances could be they weren't as consistently awful and we weren't consistently miserable and disaffected leaving games, and the two pre-COVID home fixtures that were fun for away fans - getting hammered 4-0 by Brentford on New Years Day and getting hammered 4-0 by WBA - no one begrudges the away side, a lot of City had gone home before full time, and Brentford at least aren't going to act up. 

*Gobby Fulham fans were an anomaly as it was just some kids in replica shirts who obviously had their first ever beers and were heading back to the pick up point with mum and dad looking forward to being driven home.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

I'm confused, if none of that wouldn't have happened pre-Covid, when wouldn't it not have not happened?

Yes I seemed to have had a autofill meltdown on that last sentence and realised a couple hours later when someone else replied but couldn't got back and edit it at that point.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pezo said:

Interesting what you mean "take the piss"

I seen a number of our fans goading and trying to start something with Swansea fans on the walk home out of the ground. Some football fans of any club are just bellends basically

• Like 5