IGNORED

Fighting Outside the Cooper's Arms

sglosbcfc

35 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Interesting what you mean "take the piss"

I seen a number of our fans goading and trying to start something with Swansea fans on the walk home out of the ground. Some football fans of any club are just bellends basically

Gloating, goading generally winding people up and looking for trouble.

I assumed the Swansea stuff post game was related to the Swansea stuff pre game. It exists on both sides, I'm not one of the "it only happens between like minded people" people and it's definitely both sides and innocent people always get caught up in it.

I have wondered if it due to almost 2 years of not issuing football banning orders.

• Like 2

On 20/10/2021 at 00:31, sglosbcfc said:

I was trying to get my two young kids back to the car so was only glancing over, but it appeared a group of 6-8 Forest fans hit a City fan and then when 2 other City fans tried to intervene they were laid out on the road. It was a good half hour after the full time whistle but I did see a police van approaching. Hope the City fans are OK and left a sour taste after what was already a very painful evening.

And KFC car park afterwards ,6 city fans inquired , as told by police next morning in Winterstoke Rd car park,police looking for witnesses, 

Just now, One man went.... said:

Were you pair bullied as a childrren? Young lads fight. It is what they do every Friday and Saturday night. Why are you so concerned about something that clearly will not affect you pair of pussies.

Guessing you are one of them.

24 minutes ago, One man went.... said:

Were you pair bullied as a childrren? Young lads fight. It is what they do every Friday and Saturday night. Why are you so concerned about something that clearly will not affect you pair of pussies.

What a numpty you are, making comments like that. Why does the fact people don’t want to or    have any interest makes them ‘pussies’? 
Personally I’d rather go to a game of football and not be restricted by which pub I can go to and other restrictions that are placed on football fans 

28 minutes ago, One man went.... said:

Thanks for your wonderful contribution to society.. Knobhead

What are you doing here? Go back to your left wing mates in the politics forum who try to bully everyone..

I do find it hilarious, this new trend from a few on here implying that anyone with a non right-wing, über populist view on life is a ‘leftie’ who gangs up / wades in on people that hold those views if they dare ever comment against them. Sad. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, One man went.... said:

Listen carefully you are clearly not very intelligent.. I am just saying young lads will always fight it has happened since the start of time. But some of these idiots on here saying our younger lads are just loud mouths is just wrong.. You go to your pub in Southville and I hope you don;t get a visit from some away supporters taking the piss. 

Honestly , defending violence shows your lack of intelligence. I wouldn’t have a problem with away fans being in a pub where I was 

13 hours ago, Olé said:

Correlation does not equal causation. It has absolutely nothing to do with COVID, it's obviously down to how much our abysmal home form now gives even the quietest away fans a lease of life, particularly when given their obligatory 90th minute booster. I saw every incident you mentioned* and it was largely that, and the contrast is more obvious now that our fans trudge away in Lowry painting levels of depression at this repeated shit show.

Pre-COVID as boring as home performances could be they weren't as consistently awful and we weren't consistently miserable and disaffected leaving games, and the two pre-COVID home fixtures that were fun for away fans - getting hammered 4-0 by Brentford on New Years Day and getting hammered 4-0 by WBA - no one begrudges the away side, a lot of City had gone home before full time, and Brentford at least aren't going to act up. 

*Gobby Fulham fans were an anomaly as it was just some kids in replica shirts who obviously had their first ever beers and were heading back to the pick up point with mum and dad looking forward to being driven home.

I think you make a good point @Olé about our home form but I do think there is something about us being in this post COVID world and it impacting football violence.

Since the start of the season it's been everywhere on a scale I don't think we've see for nigh on 20 years. We've had incidents as @Pezo mentioned above, which like you I saw as well. To have so many incidents against Swansea, Preston, Fulham, Forest and even Blackpool is unusual. You could argue Swansea and even Forest would always be flash points with or without COVID but Blackpool?

When you then look nationally there is a clear increase I think:

Man Utd vs Leeds, Newcastle vs. Leeds, West Ham vs. Rapid Vienna, Leicester vs. Napoli, Hull City vs. Sheffield United, Macclesfield Town vs. Congleton, Man City vs. Arsenal, Huddersfield Town vs. Hull City, Wigan vs. Gillingham, Burnley vs. Arsenal......just the ones I know of this season so far already where there has been disorder. 

Similar to our game against Swansea you could argue that Man Utd vs. Leeds or the European ties would always be trouble; but Arsenal games? 

Much like we've all been 'chomping at the bit' to get back to live football after well over a year without it due to COVID, I do wonder whether this apparent resurgence of football violence has the same rationale. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

I wonder if The Rising Sun being closed down is giving away fans more confidence to be pillocks. It was quite a focal point for City fans

Really good point..away fans walking past The Sun generally kept their heads down, certainly seen away fans being a bit more cocky in that area this season, before and after the game.