IGNORED

Fighting Outside the Cooper's Arms

sglosbcfc

How is this still a thing in 2021?

Haven't we lived through enough in the last 20 months to realise that there's more to life than posturing and throwing punches?

As if the football hasn't been bad enough, some pricks are just intent on further ruining the day for other fans.

• Like 11

16 hours ago, daored said:

Honestly , defending violence shows your lack of intelligence. I wouldn’t have a problem with away fans being in a pub where I was 

Indeed. It enhances the matchday experience.
Take Brentford in years gone by, for example. Mixing of fans in all pubs around the ground, making it one of the very best away days of all.
There'll always be a few ****tards or a few who can't handle their drink/drugs who want to ruin it, of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When people say away fans are 'taking the piss' or 'being cocky' do they mean actually attacking innocent City fans or do they just mean singing and attempting to goad City fans?

If it's the former then that's certainly not something I've seen in the last 20-30 years, though sometimes before that maybe, albeit incredibly rarely.

If it's the latter, then why do you feel the need to retaliate? Are you that insecure? Either just ignore them or try and outsing them ffs.

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, One man went.... said:

But some of these idiots on here saying our younger lads are just loud mouths is just wrong..

Thankfully, violence is few and far between and that's largely due to, as with most things these days,  'posturing'. Cracks me up to see the F'Wits giving it large, more pointing than Weimann, less offensive threat than our front line. Nothing between them and their foe but do they engage? Of course they don't, that's not what it's about. They'll wait until the odd copper or two enters the arena, adding 'pointing petrol' to the fire. If only they might circumvent the Maginot Line of policing and no man's land of unoccupied space battle might commence, yet it doesn't.

Bouyed by tasteless alcohol, Peruvian Marching Powder and a lifelong inability to study its sad but inevitable they attempt to enliven their dull existences. They're also in inverse proportion to those actually tasked to battle for just cause, where the vast majority fight and the odd War Reporter records for posterity. Camera Phone War Reporters all these days.

Edited by BTRFTG
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

When people say away fans are 'taking the piss' or 'being cocky' do they mean actually attacking innocent City fans or do they just mean singing and attempting to goad City fans?

If it's the former then that's certainly not something I've seen in the last 20-30 years, though sometimes before that maybe, albeit incredibly rarely.

If it's the latter, then why do you feel the need to retaliate? Are you that insecure? Either just ignore them or try and outsing them ffs.

Wondered where youd been last couple days john wayne... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

This is all getting a bit “I’ll meet you in the Eastend walkway”. 

You might have to send in the Keyboard Warrior Squad, Fordy. ;)

But the guy is right. There have always (well since the '70s) been silly little boys who like to have playground-style slap fights with other silly little boys on football days.

What's tragic about it, is the silly little men who think that should be celebrated, or even tolerated.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

23 hours ago, One man went.... said:

Listen carefully you are clearly not very intelligent.. I am just saying young lads will always fight it has happened since the start of time. But some of these idiots on here saying our younger lads are just loud mouths is just wrong.. You go to your pub in Southville and I hope you don;t get a visit from some away supporters taking the piss. 

I love it when a grammatically challenged post begins with "Listen carefully you are clearly not very intelligent.." 

Alanis Morissette may even write a song about it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 20/10/2021 at 17:58, Pezo said:

There were plenty of joyful forest fans taking the piss on Ashton road after the game one of them decided to front up and say "come on then" when he was told where to go (so was obviously like minded?) and got chased around a bit. From what I've seen this season it's pretty normal now for away teams to take the piss on Ashton road. Bournemouth fans were doing it Saturday, Blackpool at the beginning of the season threw a few cans at themselves by accident while trying to target city fans, Preston were gobby apparently (didn't see that one), even Fulham gobbed off a bit but quickly walked away.

I find it interesting because none of that wouldn't have happened pre COVID, not sure what's happened.

Think we must have become very WOKE. Back in the day fists would have been raised and satisfaction demanded. These days it's important to be sensitive to other fans feelings and allow oneself to be punched in the mouth. 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rich_s said:

Think we must have become very WOKE. Back in the day fists would have been raised and satisfaction demanded. These days it's important to be sensitive to other fans feelings and allow oneself to be punched in the mouth. 

I know, right? Common decency and consideration of others is just the worst, isn't it!  Anyone else long for the winter of discontent?  (As opposed to Rovers who long for the winter of discount tents)

Edited by Steve Watts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Take Tuesday night as an example, Forest fan walking along quietly then got to the Dolman entrance and started singing Forest songs looking around at everyone to see if anyone was going to say something, once the guy was a few meters further down the road some young lad tells him to "**** off". That was enough for this Forest fan to stop turn around started walking towards the young lad and said "come on then". This prompted about 20 of our young lads to think that was directed at them so they on mass walked towards him, he realised he had bit off more than he could chew and was massively outnumbered so he tried to leg it - a bit of a game of what I would deem rough tag ensued while they chase him around the Dolman entrance until the Forest fan made it to the park.

Having seen it unfold before my eyes it was clear the Forest fan was looking for it, instigated it, found it, and then regretted it. Forest fan was obviously a bellend, our young lad shouldn't rise to it but at that age you don't really have that level of self discipline and can be quite easy to wind up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Pezo said:

Take Tuesday night as an example, Forest fan walking along quietly then got to the Dolman entrance and started singing Forest songs looking around at everyone to see if anyone was going to say something, once the guy was a few meters further down the road some young lad tells him to "**** off". That was enough for this Forest fan to stop turn around started walking towards the young lad and said "come on then". This prompted about 20 of our young lads to think that was directed at them so they on mass walked towards him, he realised he had bit off more than he could chew and was massively outnumbered so he tried to leg it - a bit of a game of what I would deem rough tag ensued while they chase him around the Dolman entrance until the Forest fan made it to the park.

Having seen it unfold before my eyes it was clear the Forest fan was looking for it, instigated it, found it, and then regretted it. Forest fan was obviously a bellend, our young lad shouldn't rise to it but at that age you don't really have that level of self discipline and can be quite easy to wind up.

An eye witness account?

Its not necessary thanks, this thread seems content with opinion ?

On 22/10/2021 at 15:00, Steve Watts said:

I love it when a grammatically challenged post begins with "Listen carefully you are clearly not very intelligent.." 

Alanis Morissette may even write a song about it!

Unfortunately Alanis Morissette doesn’t have a good grasp of the English language either. She wrote a song titled Ironic and then sung about rain on your wedding day. This is not irony it is simply bad luck.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

Unfortunately Alanis Morissette doesn’t have a good grasp of the English language either. She wrote a song titled Ironic and then sung about rain on your wedding day. This is not irony it is simply bad luck.

The song Ironic is ironic because it’s called Ironic but the situations described are not ironic.

I think.

• Like 1

On 23/10/2021 at 19:43, Eddie Notgetinya said:

On 23/10/2021 at 20:07, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The song Ironic is ironic because it’s called Ironic but the situations described are not ironic.

I think.

Yes, I think you'll find Irish funster Ed Byrne based a whole stand-up career on that premise !     ?