IGNORED

I actually feel sorry for NP

KeepUpLino

19 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I’m also over looking he presumably sanctioned releasing Pato who still has more quality than O’Dowda, Palmer and most importantly King?

We all know that on his day Pato is different class but , equally, we all know that his ‘ day ‘ is one match in ten. 

Would I have kept him over COD or Palmer? 
On footballing ability alone , yes , but add in his age, future sell on potential and the fact that he was out of contract and unlikely to sign a new one on reduced terms,that makes the decision easier. 

• Hmmm 1

On 20/10/2021 at 07:49, KeepUpLino said:

It’s was absolute suicide for him taking this job and I’m amazed he even bothered, let’s face it we’d be lucky to get anyone with any calibre to replace him!

The mess left by LJ and MA and overseen by SL is nothing short of a disgrace, no money, no prospects, league 1’s a certainty and it’s not the fault of the manager!

Do I feel sorry for a man on a very attractive salary with very few other job offers living off past glories of a couple of good seasons with Leicester. No. If he is as good as his ego suggests he thinks he is, we are yet to see to much evidence so far. Yes there has been some improvement but we were at so a low point we could hardly have become worse. Yes he inherited a poor squad with low morale and awful team ethic BUT he had plenty of time to assess the situation last year. I have the horrible feeling that he is a "they manager" not a "we manager" and sitting in the stand hardly helps togetherness.

I truly hope things improve but so far the jury must be out.

46 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We all know that on his day Pato is different class but , equally, we all know that his ‘ day ‘ is one match in ten. 

On footballing ability alone , yes , but add in his age, future sell on potential and the fact that he was out of contract and unlikely to sign a new one on reduced terms,that makes the decision easier. 

Pato or COD absolutely no contest. As you say Pato has the occasional excellent game, COD ..........

21 hours ago, beaverface said:

Pretty much agree with all of this.

So far, NP has brought in 4 players? Atkinson, James, King and Tanner, and aside from King, all of them have been an improvement on what we already had. If he can do that again, in the next transfer window (but most likely next summers transfer window rather than January), then that'll be another 4 of his own players, that'll be nearly a whole team of upgrades on what we currently have. If you consider that maybe one or two of what we have already can hold their own, then we might look a bit better next season

He's got no money to do this, so until we sell or offload to save wages, it's a slow burn process. 

I said on another thread last night, I'd be tempted to sell Bentley (even though I'd like to keep him), to try and speed  things up, and to also up the quality of players we can afford.

He also re- signed baker and weimann who will both be on decent wages too, plus simpson. 

im also in favour of selling anyone we can get money for to get a decent striker in, but im not sure we would get all the money to spend if we did that.

1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

He also re- signed baker and weimann who will both be on decent wages too, plus simpson. 

im also in favour of selling anyone we can get money for to get a decent striker in, but im not sure we would get all the money to spend if we did that.

Both allegedly took significantly lower deals.  I cannot confirm exact details, but Weimann allegedly accepted a 3 year deal on half his “contract option” wage.  So say he was on £20k p.w. he’s now on £10k.  Of course that’s decent in our terms, but it’s a big come down.  I heard Baker is on less than half what he was on, but decent appearance bonus.  Again, all word of mouth….but Nige has implied similar re both players.  He’s cut best part of £1m p.a. off the wage bill.

Re your second para, yep, I don’t think all money generated will become available either.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Both allegedly took significantly lower deals.  I cannot confirm exact details, but Weimann allegedly accepted a 3 year deal on half his “contract option” wage.  So say he was on £20k p.w. he’s now on £10k.  Of course that’s decent in our terms, but it’s a big come down.  I heard Baker is on less than half what he was on, but decent appearance bonus.  Again, all word of mouth….but Nige has implied similar re both players.  He’s cut best part of £1m p.a. off the wage bill.

Re your second para, yep, I don’t think all money generated will become available either.

Yeah, for post covid contracts, weimann and baker will be on fairly significant contracts, which could obviously have been used for anyone out of contract last summer. Such a shame that the likes of cod, palmer, and wells are all on pre covid contracts and will be around until at least the end of this season

• Like 1

On 20/10/2021 at 08:09, BS3_RED said:

While I agree with the sentiment, There was no need to make the changes he did last night. Swansea were absolute dog sh!!e against us but managed to see the game out by keeping the ball for long periods of time in the last few minutes. We can not do that cos we panic and thats on the manager.

No,,its on the players...they need to stop taking the easy options.

On 21/10/2021 at 09:54, Major Isewater said:

He’s delivering far more than 1 in 10 for Swansea right now.

Also he was consistently one of our best performers with Bobby in that season.

Given his interviews since leaving and needing to go on trial at Boro, I am certain he would signed on reduced terms, that said, he was never one of the high earners anyway. 

12 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

He’s delivering far more than 1 in 10 for Swansea right now.

Also he was consistently one of our best performers with Bobby in that season.

Given his interviews since leaving and needing to go on trial at Boro, I am certain he would signed on reduced terms, that said, he was never one of the high earners anyway. 

Was he the one out of the players in Revolution at the end of the season claiming to have a £20k p.w contract sorted at Stoke (?).  Rumour was he might’ve been the one, if the rumour had any substance to it.

I suspect he was on decent money based on the contract he signed in July 2018 off the back of that season, albeit nothing like £20k p.w..

Obviously, no idea whether he’d have taken a reduced wage contract.  But I reckon that if a couple of other players had been OOC, Pato would’ve been the one Nige kept.  Unfortunately budgets dictated.  I hope Nige can shift a couple in January.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Was he the one out of the players in Revolution at the end of the season claiming to have a £20k p.w contract sorted at Stoke (?).  Rumour was he might’ve been the one, if the rumour had any substance to it.

I suspect he was on decent money based on the contract he signed in July 2018 off the back of that season, albeit nothing like £20k p.w..

Obviously, no idea whether he’d have taken a reduced wage contract.  But I reckon that if a couple of other players had been OOC, Pato would’ve been the one Nige kept.  Unfortunately budgets dictated.  I hope Nige can shift a couple in January.

Really interesting - I hadn’t heard this.

No-one knows the salaries of course, but other rumours were he was on less than half what you are quoting.

Surely King would be on more?

Always had a lot of time for Pato, thought he always gave his all. I don’t agree with the original 1 in 10 at all.

1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Really interesting - I hadn’t heard this.

No-one knows the salaries of course, but other rumours were he was on less than half what you are quoting.

Surely King would be on more?

Always had a lot of time for Pato, thought he always gave his all. I don’t agree with the original 1 in 10 at all.

Of course it might've been complete BS.

Pato - My gut feel was that he was on £12-14k p.w. mark.

King - my gut feel is that he is on £5-8k p.w.

Pato - inconsistent in an inconsistent team, but far more regularly than 1 in 10.  Even on pure goals and assists he either scored or assisted 2 games in every 5 throughout his time here.  Technically very good.  Weaknesses, but don't they all.