IGNORED

Steve Bruce sacked

CodeRed

Who goes there? Do they end up with a stopgap to keep them up before a summer rebuild or try to get a preferred choice now? 
Would enjoy a Spurs situation where they get rejected by everyone around and end up with Hughton so the best fans in the country can again show they’re anything but.

• Like 1

Just now, TwoSheds said:

Yes heard that to from a toon fan, would he be tempted with all that Saudi money? 

Tempted yes. Would he do it. I don't think so. He does have a connection with the place and stranger things have happened in football.

Hopefully he's here for the long term . Just gotta get out the remains of the dead wood 

Yeah I heard the same earlier. Instantly made me think that some of our fans calling for him to go, had better be careful what they wish for... 

If he goes now, we really are screwed. With him at the helm, we still have a chance to turn things around. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

Bruce has said he'll probably retire. But also "never say never". Boro when Warnock goes?

It was said he’d get an £8m payout if he was sacked. That would make retirement comfortable 

He was doing ******* awful regardless of takeover so wouldn't have been a surprise anyway. It won't be the glitz and glamour manager next, it'll be someone who can guide them to lower mid table before that. Anyone reckon Rafa has a clause in his contract where he could go back to Newcastle if Ashley left?

5 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

He is absolutely better off, I mean Steven Gérard being lined up is an insult.  I get what he's done at rangers but don't people learn that SPL is a two horse race and the standard is poor. 

I dunno, I can see how it might appeal to both parties. He's done a good job at Rangers (quality of league not withstanding), he's a big name in the game to attract players and “buy in” but probably attainable and from his point of view Newcaste are a realistic stepping stone if he one day wants to manage Liverpool, by which time Newcastle will hope they will be an attractive enough proposition to whoever the big boys are by then.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

He was doing ******* awful regardless of takeover so wouldn't have been a surprise anyway. It won't be the glitz and glamour manager next, it'll be someone who can guide them to lower mid table before that. Anyone reckon Rafa has a clause in his contract where he could go back to Newcastle if Ashley left?

Really...Finishing 12th and 14th with half a championship team and no say on incoming transfers. That really is awful, wouldn't want us finishing in such lowly positions with poor players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Really...Finishing 12th and 14th with half a championship team and no say on incoming transfers. That really is awful, wouldn't want us finishing in such lowly positions with poor players.

He's got Newcastle 19th in the table and nearly every metric has them as being 19th as well so its not as if performances are being let down by results. He's been given more money than any other Newcastle manager recently (if not under Ashley overall) and the last couple of seasons they've generally been in and around the drop zone most the season before a run saves them at the end of the season.  'No say on incoming transfers'? Articles from over the summer from him say 'I wanted to bring in this, I wanted to get that' if he has no say in it he wouldn't be saying I, it was just a case the club didn't want to fund more without trading players.