IGNORED

Steve Bruce sacked

CodeRed

45 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

He is absolutely better off, I mean Steven Gérard being lined up is an insult.  I get what he's done at rangers but don't people learn that SPL is a two horse race and the standard is poor. 

An insult to who?

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

To Gerrard. People always jibe at Scotland being a 2 horse race but is Germany any different. Its Bayern Munich and a n other. Quite frankly though I couldn't give a damn who gets the Newcastle job. 

I don't think Gerrard would touch it he wants the Liverpool job after Klopp if he goes to Newcastle and it goes wrong he knows he wouldn't get that job.

44 minutes ago, Super said:

An insult to who?

The notion that Steve Gerard is anyway as good a coach as Steve Bruce when you look at their respective CV's if I were Steve Bruce I would be happy with a big check and watching things from outside with my feet up.  It think Newcastle will have a rude awakening.

• Hmmm 1

40 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

To Gerrard. People always jibe at Scotland being a 2 horse race but is Germany any different. Its Bayern Munich and a n other. Quite frankly though I couldn't give a damn who gets the Newcastle job. 

No not by a long way are they even comparable. 

16 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

The notion that Steve Gerard is anyway as good a coach as Steve Bruce when you look at their respective CV's if I were Steve Bruce I would be happy with a big check and watching things from outside with my feet up.  It think Newcastle will have a rude awakening.

One is pretty much finished and one is just starting out.

1 hour ago, Super said:

One is pretty much finished and one is just starting out.

Well if you think Newcastle are bottom three at the moment, the last thing I would want is an unproven manager in charge and playing Championship football next season, and Uni Emery is hardly likely to want to give up his current job, and if you did his last premier league team Arsenal were dropping like stones as he got fired, then Martinez is the other name in the hat, I would have backed Bruce to keep them up and twisted in the off season.  My money is on them getting relegated this year with a bag of expensive January signings. 

13 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Well if you think Newcastle are bottom three at the moment, the last thing I would want is an unproven manager in charge and playing Championship football next season, and Uni Emery is hardly likely to want to give up his current job, and if you did his last premier league team Arsenal were dropping like stones as he got fired, then Martinez is the other name in the hat, I would have backed Bruce to keep them up and twisted in the off season.  My money is on them getting relegated this year with a bag of expensive January signings. 

So are you saying no other manager could do better than Bruce?

2 hours ago, Super said:

So are you saying no other manager could do better than Bruce?

No, I think the managers that might wont bloody go there and they have enacted the change at quite a risky time for them, Bruce was liked by they players and he managed to improve position last season and this season to be fair he's been bloody unlucky.  But now you have a situation where the candidates they are looking at if the press is to be believed are not great the best of them is Martinez but I cant see him going and even he would be a gamble.

I mean even the Premier League have put a ban on the owners singing any kind of sponsorship deal I can see it all going tits up by Christmas.   Everyone seems to think because of the money its a forgone conclusion that they will go upwards. 

2 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

My money is on them getting relegated this year with a bag of expensive January signings. 

Things would surprise me a lot less. St Maximin, Callum Wilson and possibly Darlow the Keeper, who I've always rated, aside Newcastle have a squad jam packed with mediocrity for Premiership level. It's almost like watching a Premiership version of us but without the fight that we sometimes display when we are at it that enables us to pick up points. They could be in a position by January where any top name player worth his salt thinks "don't care how much you are offering Mr Saudi, stick that right where the sun don't shine". They will probably then end up looking at the next raft of quality and spending shitloads (because clubs know they have it) on players who are good but not top notch.

I can see it taking them 4-5 years before they are anywhere remotely close to where they want to be.

1 hour ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

No, I think the managers that might wont bloody go there and they have enacted the change at quite a risky time for them, Bruce was liked by they players and he managed to improve position last season and this season to be fair he's been bloody unlucky.  But now you have a situation where the candidates they are looking at if the press is to be believed are not great the best of them is Martinez but I cant see him going and even he would be a gamble.

I mean even the Premier League have put a ban on the owners singing any kind of sponsorship deal I can see it all going tits up by Christmas.   Everyone seems to think because of the money its a forgone conclusion that they will go upwards. 

I don’t know what media you are getting that from but they are apparently looking at some big options for the job - BUT, For a number of reasons a lot of them will not be interested.

If it were my call, not that I care, I would follow the Man City route and appointment someone who would progress things and potentially win some trophies before going for the top person possible.

Newcastle could do a lot worse than trying for Roberto Mancini.

It will take time and wise decisions but Newcastle will become one of the biggest clubs in the world.

The Saudi’s are sports washing, of that there is not a doubt and they will get away with it.

8 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

He is absolutely better off, I mean Steven Gérard being lined up is an insult.  I get what he's done at rangers but don't people learn that SPL is a two horse race and the standard is poor. 

Agreed :thumbsup:, but it has been a good training exercise for SG in his early management career, I think it was a shrewd move on his part.

41 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I don’t know what media you are getting that from but they are apparently looking at some big options for the job - BUT, For a number of reasons a lot of them will not be interested.

If it were my call, not that I care, I would follow the Man City route and appointment someone who would progress things and potentially win some trophies before going for the top person possible.

Newcastle could do a lot worse than trying for Roberto Mancini.

It will take time and wise decisions but Newcastle will become one of the biggest clubs in the world.

The Saudi’s are sports washing, of that there is not a doubt and they will get away with it.

The Mirror quoted them, but I like the term sports washing. 

• Admin
9 hours ago, Akira said:

It's mental isn't it. Like, don't feel sorry for him at all, as he's the real winner really, isn't he. Gets paid off obscene amounts of money for doing and below-par job. 

His remit was keep Newcastle in the Prem, which he did but a decent margin, whoever went there was always going to be treading water with no cash to spend.

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

Man U shambles tonight. 

I wish we had a shambles like that…….

England's most deluded fanbase about to discover it's not just a matter of chucking money at it.  I don't get the sense the new people have a scooby what they're doing.  14 days a go this was all up in the air, now they've sacked the manager because the fans wanted it.  What's the plan??  Have they got a Director of Football type lined up to actually run the club and improve infrastructure or are they just going to spunk millions on overpriced 2nd rate players?

If you see players like Ward-Prowse / Dunk / Watkins sign it will be an indication they are going about this the right way.  If it's some random promising French and Spanish players with no EPL experience you're looking at Pepe / Ndombele type wastage of cash.