IGNORED

Michelle Owen

Bedred31

Caught a radio interview with her this morning in a segment on hypermesis gravidarum(HG). No I’d no idea either, but, apparently, it’s a really severe illness during pregnancy. Sounded a complete ordeal- vomiting 20-30 times every day, bleeding and repeated hospital admissions. Apparently so severe that 25% of the women who get it contemplate suicide. At the risk of sounding like a patronising old bloke- not that difficult in my case- Michelle came over as an extraordinarily resilient and courageous women. Certainly will prompt me to think of her with renewed respect when she rocks up at the Gate for Sky or whoever.

• Like 13
  • Flames 1

Unless I'm mistaken, Michelle's husband or a close relative, has been known to post on here. I posted my thoughts when she was off on maternity and got a worded response of thanks etc..

My Welsh friend over here in Norn Iron, thinks she's great and would want her as the Ambassador for Wales based in Belfast!

My wife was in hospital for the last 2 months of pregnancy with our only child. Anyone that can fly the flag for HG and other major pregnancy issues/illnesses deserves the plaudits and encouragement. Keep going Michelle!