IGNORED

Having just watched the highlights.

GrahamC

Firstly, it’s a penalty. Their bloke trips Scott, who might tumble theatrically but it’s a foul, so it’s a penalty & if the ref really thinks not, then why doesn’t he book Scott for diving?

So if we score that (not a given with our record, though as we are coming up to a year since we had one in the league then that isn’t based on too much), we are 2 up & I reckon we’d have held on.

Secondly their winner is as clear a handball as you can get, poor by Bentley, we also should have done far better to stop the cross but I can’t believe that it was given.

None of this excuses the result but we could certainly do with the rub of the green in a game at BS3.

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Firstly, it’s a penalty. Their bloke trips Scott, who might tumble theatrically but it’s a foul, so it’s a penalty & if the ref really thinks not, then why doesn’t he book Scott for diving?

So if we score that (not a given with our record, though as we are coming up to a year since we had one in the league then that isn’t based on too much), we are 2 up & I reckon we’d have held on.

Secondly their winner is as clear a handball as you can get, poor by Bentley, we also should have done far better to stop the cross but I can’t believe that it was given.

None of this excuses the result but we could certainly do with the rub of the green in a game at BS3.

They should also of had a penalty so i think they evened themselves out. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Totally agree on both points. But when it's not going your way that's how desicions go . Over all pretty impressed with city's performance and I did like Martin and wells  together up front 

Just now, GTFABM said:

They should also of had a penalty so i think they evened themselves out. 

There penalty appeal was no way a penalty, ever.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Totally agree on both points. But when it's not going your way that's how desicions go . Over all pretty impressed with city's performance and I did like Martin and wells  together up front 

You think if one of their defenders completely checked/barged one of our players miles off the ball in the box you would be saying that. I get seeing a game through rose tinted glasses but thats a penalty all day long

• Like 3

Just now, GTFABM said:

You think if one of their defenders completely checked/barged one of our players miles off the ball in the box you would be saying that. I get seeing a game through rose tinted glasses but thats a penalty all day long

I don’t recall their penalty shout….can you remind me which players, which half, etc?

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We are Lansdown just outside of the area, while I shouted for a Pen my mate was sure it wasn't. The Ref signalled to the ball so I think he thought the defender got a touch, this would also explain why Scott wasn't booked. He may have thought there was contact after the tackle. 

I've watched the replay, it looks a blatant hand ball from the wrong side. The Linesman was the right side for it, but it seemed neither wanted to get involved with the game, just throws and the occasional offside.

I really don't think we will be getting much luck when we defend our box for 45 minutes.

Just now, 1960maaan said:

We are Lansdown just outside of the area, while I shouted for a Pen my mate was sure it wasn't. The Ref signalled to the ball so I think he thought the defender got a touch, this would also explain why Scott wasn't booked. He may have thought there was contact after the tackle. 

I've watched the replay, it looks a blatant hand ball from the wrong side. The Linesman was the right side for it, but it seemed neither wanted to get involved with the game, just throws and the occasional offside.

I really don't think we will be getting much luck when we defend our box for 45 minutes.

Not arguing with your last point at all, but having seen the winner again, it is blatant.

VAR would definitely have disallowed it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not arguing with your last point at all, but having seen the winner again, it is blatant.

VAR would definitely have disallowed it.

VAR can get in the bin. Kasey Palmers goal against Fulham get’s ruled out aswell through VAR. Over a season they roughly level out.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The Linos are in constant contact with the referee for 90 minutes, through their headsets.

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

How do you know! The referee has the whistle, and they are communicating with him. They may be advising him on dozens of decisions for all we know.

Thats how it works nowadays.

You still see Lino's flagging for things, so why would they flag for some decisions they make, and not others. It has been mentioned that some Refs ask for offsides and throws nothing else, hopefully current Ref's aren't that dictatorial , but who knows.

54 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

What game did you flipping watch if martin was ok? 

39 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I think var gives us our penalty and not there's . But var is also subjective to the opinion of those watching it . I still find it amazing how we can all watch the same game and see it differently ??

Not there's? Baker cleans him out.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

That's two injury time mishaps from our keeper in injury time at a cost of 3 points this season. Easy solution, get Max on after 88 minutes......

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

You still see Lino's flagging for things, so why would they flag for some decisions they make, and not others. It has been mentioned that some Refs ask for offsides and throws nothing else, hopefully current Ref's aren't that dictatorial , but who knows.

Sometimes it’s easier to shout “foul” in the refs earpiece, than it is to wave your flag about!