IGNORED

Football Manager ‘22 Beta

Lrrr

8 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Anyone downloaded and playing yet?

apparently they’ve given Newcastle a £200m budget to start, really feel it should have been a case the takeover got programmed in to happen after the window every time like how Brexit came into games. 

Had a quick look at the City squad earlier.

Edwards, Scott, Massengo and Semenyo all have 5 star potential.

James rated as our best player.

Kalas very under rated and considered a better right back than CB, with Baker rated higher than him.

Tanner, Bell and Conway are all rated poorly.

Downloaded it an hour or so ago so not really had a great deal of time to look.

Little bit disappointed with some of the U23 team, Bell, Pearson etc but they are not going to give a Hugh hike up for too many youth players despite what we think of them..

19 hours ago, DaveF said:

Had a quick look at the City squad earlier.

Edwards, Scott, Massengo and Semenyo all have 5 star potential.

James rated as our best player.

Kalas very under rated and considered a better right back than CB, with Baker rated higher than him.

Tanner, Bell and Conway are all rated poorly.

How do some of our younger prospects fare?

Likes of Benarous and such

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

just got the game, torn between doing a City save or starting unemployed

doing a City save, was finding our transfer budget very limiting so offered Massengo to Arsenal for £10m with a 25% sell on fee (his value was listed as 8-10m), they then offered him back on loan for the season with no fee or wage contribution.

After a bizarre preseason where we scored 12 and conceded 11 in 4 friendlies (Guernsey one not counted) including throwing away a 5-1 lead against Leyton Orient to draw and a 3-0 lead to lose 3-4 at MK Dons the league started with a comfortable 3-0 against Blackpool with Massengo getting the assist for all 3, and the last goal being Alex Scott from 30 yards with his first touch as a sub.

Got City relegated in my first season ?. Either I'm crap or they've nailed on how poor this City team is.

Had to sell a load of the players as they wanted to leave but I've managed to build a £20m transfer kity. 2nd season in and currently 2nd in League 1 (after 6 games) with a smaller squad but looking quite good (and I've still got the £20m for January). Quite enjoyed beating these L1 teams.

Question though - any good suggested formations/tactics I can use to have 2 up front?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Got City relegated in my first season ?. Either I'm crap or they've nailed on how poor this City team is.

Had to sell a load of the players as they wanted to leave but I've managed to build a £20m transfer kity. 2nd season in and currently 2nd in League 1 (after 6 games) with a smaller squad but looking quite good (and I've still got the £20m for January). Quite enjoyed beating these L1 teams.

Question though - any good suggested formations/tactics I can use to have 2 up front?

Try the 4-4-2 on this link

https://www.playgm.cn/thread-941524-1-1.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

I used a 4-2-2-2 for promotion in season 1 (as well as funds from selling Massengo pretty much buying a new team)

Only 6 players from our real squad played in my playoff final- 3 starting, 3 on as subs with 3 more unused on the bench.

8th in the Prem after 10 games in 2nd season

Baker, Vyner, Atkinson, Scott, Benarous, Tanner, Pring, Williams, James and Semenyo all that remain from our real life squad (others like Palmer and Atkinson out on loan until I can sell), and of the remaining ones Semenyo the only regular starter, Williams is in because of injuries.

If you are able to (unlikely in league 1) get a loan/loan to buy for Arrey-Mbi or Garcia McNulty 

Former is at Bayern, averaged a 7.3 in the Championship, latter is at Wolfsburg got him permanently for 2.9m, averaged a 7.24 in champ and on 7.66 in the Prem.

• Like 2

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

I used a 4-2-2-2 for promotion in season 1 (as well as funds from selling Massengo pretty much buying a new team)

Only 6 players from our real squad played in my playoff final- 3 starting, 3 on as subs with 3 more unused on the bench.

8th in the Prem after 10 games in 2nd season

Baker, Vyner, Atkinson, Scott, Benarous, Tanner, Pring, Williams, James and Semenyo all that remain from our real life squad (others like Palmer and Atkinson out on loan until I can sell), and of the remaining ones Semenyo the only regular starter, Williams is in because of injuries.

If you are able to (unlikely in league 1) get a loan/loan to buy for Arrey-Mbi or Garcia McNulty 

Former is at Bayern, averaged a 7.3 in the Championship, latter is at Wolfsburg got him permanently for 2.9m, averaged a 7.24 in champ and on 7.66 in the Prem.

My last 3 league games played were L'pool away, Arsenal at home and Man City home.

Hammered 6-1 by Liverpool.

Let in a 92nd minute equaliser against Arsenal but had double the possession and higher xG

Then completely FM'd Man City.

Equal possession, but they had 27 shots to my 4.

13 on target to my 2, yet came from behind to win 2-1.

• Like 1

Thanks both. Also, have either of you experienced crash dump messages in game in the last week? Seems to happen at random. (It's only happened since the latest update). It's not a graphics driver issue as that's up to date. Just wondered if it's just me?

Perhaps even my laptops telling me something about my management skills. ? 

42 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Thanks both. Also, have either of you experienced crash dump messages in game in the last week? Seems to happen at random. (It's only happened since the latest update). It's not a graphics driver issue as that's up to date. Just wondered if it's just me?

Perhaps even my laptops telling me something about my management skills. ? 

As a correction, been using 4-2-4, not 4-2-2-2

Not had any crashes but barely played lately because I've been covering shifts for people who had positive covid tests.

• Like 1

On 26/02/2022 at 07:19, M.D said:

For Football manager fans, the winter update is now out

Alex Scott, Ayman Benarous and Antoine Semenyo have all had their attributes improved, especially the former two, downgrade for Wells as expected..

Going to load it up later and have a look - Currently 10 years or so in the future won the FA Cup and Eurpoa League with City so far 

• Like 1

For those who don't have FM22 and don't feel the nee t to buy the newest version on release, it's free for Prime members until the end of the month. Just need an Epic Gaming account, link the two and add it to your library.

I'm two seasons into a save with Blyth Spartans and City sold Scott and Benarous at the end of the first season.