IGNORED

Paul Simpson and Keith Downing have left

ray savino

4 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I get what you are saying but I think there's reasons why it is not possible.

I've no idea where you work but, if you are employed rather than self-employed, you can probably imagine what would happen if your employer started giving public running commentary on every decision made and everything you and your colleagues had done behind the scenes.

It would quickly get messy, leave no room for confidential conversations and almost certainly result in resignations and some form of legal actions. Asking the club to do all their HR publicly just isn't a reasonable ask. 

I am obviously not talking about every decision made..........that would be frankly ridiculous.  But instead of constantly feeding fans the corporate line, and stupid predictions and waffle from various players.  I am just requesting on ocassions that we are kept up to date with certain issues, instead of being treated like 12 year old fanboys?                 

5 hours ago, Red Alert said:

What hasn't been considered is the mindset of the departing coaches vs the mindset of someone like Alex Ball.

PS & KD came across as quite dour personalities who gave the impression of been round the block many times & bit jaded as football people. They also have lived through the sh1tshow all the way since DH, which will take its toll on their ability to lift the group.

AB comes across & as a younger, energetic coach who hasn't been affected by the past 18 months. The biggest weakness is our losing at home mentality - refreshing the coaching environment or taking out those who can't lift the spirits is a good call.

I know someone who is very close to one of the recently departed coaches, and the highlighted part above in bold is very true

whatever we think of there abilities, they also (so I’m led to believe) had huge question marks about us aswell, pre Pearson that is 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I don’t think anyone doubts their professionalism . They walked into a weird set up and squad . When they both declared the team needed help when they had temporary charge , that signalled to me that the  sh1t show was vast. When Fleming came in it obviously stood on toes and they both wanted out .  Better for all . But fans really need to wake up , we are trying to come out of a huge disaster . It seems some need relegation before they understand what we are dealing with . If we can ride the storm , we will make huge progress . The pain is high but the outcome will be a far better club and a far better basis to get to and stay in the Prem. Nige may not do that but he is raising the standards from L1 to Prem . 

Imho his real evaluation is next season. 

Great post. Some on here do not get the mess Swiss Tony And LJ created.

Nige is absolutely the best person to fix this......and he will, I have no doubt.

Time.......it will take that, but I am certain he will leave us in a better place than he found us. 

• Like 3

On 28/10/2021 at 05:13, BigAl&Toby said:

These 2, along with Holden, should never have replaced LJ. 

Agreed. This is the exact issue with MA in a nutshell.

He honestly thought that Downing and Simpson would be the answer.  Fans would be very impressed by these 2 coming in from high profile England youth teams. 

Unfortunately they were the icing sugar on a pretty shit cake. 

As much as I wanted them to succeed (naturally) it was setup for failure from day 1. 

.... It took 2 months for him to make that shit pie. Glad he is gone. 

Stevo

2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

As per normal on here.  Some are Critical of people but cant respond when questioned. Monkeh you are one.

Bloody Hell, that is rich coming from you.

In all of your rants regarding getting rid if NP, I have directly asked you who do we replace him with, given all the circumstances?

Not ONCE have you responded! Not once!

So I will ask again, who?

• Haha 1

Probably a good time to share the true story behind the appointment of Simpson & Downing. 
Obviously the talented Mr Ashton was looking for someone to assist his project Holden. 
He approached the FA about Simpson & Downing. With the intention of appointing ONE of them. 
When the FA confirmed they could both go, and both had been spoken to and were happy to come, Ashton found himself in a quandary. 
He’d approached TWO coaches to fill ONE position, expecting only one of them to be available and accept. When both accepted, he did the only thing that Ashton knows to do - make shit up and create two positions and just ******* wing it. 

The man is a total ******* dweeb - but of course, you all know that now. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Probably a good time to share the true story behind the appointment of Simpson & Downing. 
Obviously the talented Mr Ashton was looking for someone to assist his project Holden. 
He approached the FA about Simpson & Downing. With the intention of appointing ONE of them. 
When the FA confirmed they could both go, and both had been spoken to and were happy to come, Ashton found himself in a quandary. 
He’d approached TWO coaches to fill ONE position, expecting only one of them to be available and accept. When both accepted, he did the only thing that Ashton knows to do - make shit up and create two positions and just ******* wing it. 

The man is a total ******* dweeb - but of course, you all know that now. 

No no no Harry... "Deano the good human" knew both coaches intimately from the VIP football coach circuit and when he was offered the role of Head Coach he swiftly identified them as the men with the exact skills needed to implement his footballing vision. Then Deano rode a unicorn onto the pitch to introduce them to the press.

24 minutes ago, mozo said:

No no no Harry... "Deano the good human" knew both coaches intimately from the VIP football coach circuit and when he was offered the role of Head Coach he swiftly identified them as the men with the exact skills needed to implement his footballing vision. Then Deano rode a unicorn onto the pitch to introduce them to the press.

Think I posted something the other day about this….that although Simmo had been Dean’s boss at Shrewsbury and therefore a sound link, not much was made of it at the time.  It wasn’t as if Deano was saying things like - “I really got on with Simmo at Shrewsbury and he was the first person I thought of” or anything like that, it was played down and that always surprised me.  As for Keith it was “I saw him at St George’s when I was doing courses”, not “I met him loads of times at St George’s, we really got in well and he was someone I really wanted onboard”.

Its always been a weird one for me.

@Harrydefinitely been mentioned on here before that we wanted one and got two.

8 hours ago, Harry said:

Ahh yes. "The recipe for disaster" called for one egg, but he added two. The shit cake was a massive disappointment. Like going to a KFC ordering some kind of bucket chicken for all of your mates .... And telling them it's Duck a'lorange.

We were never that foolish Mark. 

• Haha 1