IGNORED

Paul Simpson and Keith Downing have left

ray savino

Confirmed

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/paul-simpson-leaves-city/

Paul Simpson has left Bristol City by mutual agreement.

The club wishes Paul well for the future and thanks him for his 14-month service during a period of transition for the Robins.

Simpson arrived from the Football Association in August 2020 to support then newly-appointed Head Coach Dean Holden.

With the recruitment of Nigel Pearson as permanent Manager in May and Curtis Fleming as Assistant Manager last month, Simpson was re-titled First Team Coach.

City CEO Richard Gould said: “Paul has been a great support during his time with us and we are very thankful for all he has done for the club. We wish him all the best for the future.”   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep, could be. Will Downing be the next?

However Simpson has been unwell so maybe that’s played a part

I think it would reference that if it was the case. I wish him well though on whatever he does next.

Edited by Rob k
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I was wondering about the coaches and assistants during the last game. There seemed to be a lot of people on the bench talking. Too many chefs and all that. It was a bit crowded and maybe Simmo felt his role was changed after Fleming arrived. Main thing is his health , and wellbeing. He will end up at Ipswich tomorrow. 

My thoughts exactly, all on the GRAVY train !!

chefs.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Obvious that things have to change on the coaching front.

I never seen such a disorganised, confused and passive team than the one I have witnessed several times this season.

Hopefully (not in a horrible way) Simpson and probably Downing were/are the problem. 

If not we are in serious trouble.

Edited by VT05763

I'm very most not one of the posters with inside info but I'd imagine there's no horrific or nefarious secret reason underpinning this.

Simpson (and Downing) were appointed by the previous regime. Pearson is not only likely to want his own people in but has done so already in getting Fleming in. 

I don't want to criticise Simpson as I've no idea what he's done or not done, or how much Holden or Pearson have listened to his ideas. But it's utterly fair enough for any manager to want their own coaching staff. Good luck to Simpson where he goes next but I'm neither shocked nor horrified by a change being made. 

• Like 7