IGNORED

One of the harder starts to the Season

1960maaan

Interesting graphic popped up. Seems we have had the 3rd hardest start to the season. Something else to make the glass look half full.
Imagine all those dropped points late on in games (if my Auntie had a **** etc) . 
In real terms it means nothing I guess, as we can struggle against the poorer teams, just as much as the better ones.

258443845_Screenshot2021-10-22at17_24_30.png.c117a3163b5fe56fcd0394d549210807.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Interesting graphic popped up. Seems we have had the 3rd hardest start to the season. Something else to make the glass look half full.
Imagine all those dropped points late on in games (if my Auntie had a **** etc) . 
In real terms it means nothing I guess, as we can struggle against the poorer teams, just as much as the better ones.

258443845_Screenshot2021-10-22at17_24_30.png.c117a3163b5fe56fcd0394d549210807.png

Interesting. Is it average position now or average position at the time we played them? 

49 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I hadn’t seen this when I posted elsewhere that we’d played 9 of top 12 and 4 of bottom 12.

@ExiledAjaxyou won’t be surprised to find out I track position of opposition at time we played them.  If I ignore the first two league games, one because there is no table pre-GW1 and GW2 will be biased to those who played at home in GW1, and therefore average pre-GW3 to pre-GW13, the average is 12th.  But it’s not an exact science.  If it’s post-match that average is 11.

Probably better to do it for the final 23 games not the first 13.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Current position. Always just a guide I guess, changing form etc. Interesting though.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I hadn’t seen this when I posted elsewhere that we’d played 9 of top 12 and 4 of bottom 12.

@ExiledAjaxyou won’t be surprised to find out I track position of opposition at time we played them.  If I ignore the first two league games, one because there is no table pre-GW1 and GW2 will be biased to those who played at home in GW1, and therefore average pre-GW3 to pre-GW13, the average is 12th.  But it’s not an exact science.  If it’s post-match that average is 11.

Probably better to do it for the final 23 games not the first 13.

Cheers both. 

I await our impending 10-game win streak with great excitement.

• Haha 2