IGNORED

Bristol City and The Barbers Of Eritrea

The Constant Rabbit

3 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

The place erupted - by now there were 8 Eritrean guys in there - "Oh man they are so shit"    "Have they even won a game"  "have you ever won anything?"

"You got West Brom  - you gonna get dicked man!"

"worse team in the championship"

"lost at home to Forest - and they are shit too"

" Parson Street man, most underrated station ever, man "

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

So, after the worlds longest lockdown finally ended - I could get a haircut. 

Legally. In a shop. I needed one.

At 08.30 am - it was obvious a hell of a lot of other people did too - queues everywhere - 10 long with one barber working was the average

Despair was setting in.

I live in a 'being - gentrified' area - meaning some parts were still pretty rough, but in 3 yrs time would be 'respectable' - and pricey.

I still needed a haircut - badly.  Can't go out into town with hair like mine - quite frankly it was a disaster area.

Saw a tiny barbers tucked away in a part of this 'not gentrified' area - no queue outside so in I went.

It was like walking into a tiny village pub in Norfolk.

Silence.

Utter silence as every head in the place looked round with pretty much disbelief on their faces.

It was pretty obvious, pretty quickly, that the customers and staff were used to dealing with African customers.  Most  definitely  getting the "is this guy lost" vibe...

Did I mention I needed a haircut?

I sat in silence. No conversation at all.

My turn - got in the chair - shook hands, said hello - got a grunt in reply.  Not feeling the love.

Talk Football. Always safe. Africans LOVE football.

Me- 'Did you see on TV the players stopped the game to get help for a guy in the crowd?'

'Yeah'

Me - 'Where are you from originally?'

'Eritrea - you have no idea where that is I'm sure'

Me - 'Yeah, next to Ethiopia'

'Yeah, thats right'

All ears were listening - mood was getting better..

Me - 'Who do you support in the soccer?'

'Arsenal, doing bit better now'

The other Barber leans over and says  ' hey who do you support - Chelsea, Liverpool?'

Me - "Bristol City"

The place erupted - by now there were 8 Eritrean guys in there - "Oh man they are so shit"    "Have they even won a game"  "have you ever won anything?"

Ice broken - good time, and a good haircut. Bought a couple of coffees and had a chat. All of them UK soccer-mad (Its called soccer here as AFL and NRL are called 'Football)

It was pretty much exclusively an Eritrean Barbers - I was the only non-african guy in there all year - the guys were apologetic about the initial reception, as usually non-africans just walk straight out again, so they were shocked I stayed.

Bristol City - mercilessly mocked all around the world - certainly by the Barbers Of Eritrea!

But hey - at least a couple said they might watch the game.....

Is that you Han Noe?

Edited by Major Isewater

7 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

At 08.30 am - it was obvious a hell of a lot of other people did too - queues everywhere - 10 long with one barber working was the average

Despair was setting in.

I live in a 'being - gentrified' area - meaning some parts were still pretty rough, but in 3 yrs time would be 'respectable' - and pricey.

I still needed a haircut - badly.  Can't go out into town with hair like mine - quite frankly it was a disaster area.

Saw a tiny barbers tucked away in a part of this 'not gentrified' area - no queue outside so in I went.

Silence.

Utter silence as every head in the place looked round with pretty much disbelief on their faces.

It was pretty obvious, pretty quickly, that the customers and staff were used to dealing with African customers.  Most  definitely  getting the "is this guy lost" vibe...

My turn - got in the chair - shook hands, said hello - got a grunt in reply.  Not feeling the love.

Me- 'Did you see on TV the players stopped the game to get help for a guy in the crowd?'

'Yeah'

'Yeah, thats right'

The other Barber leans over and says  ' hey who do you support - Chelsea, Liverpool?'

Me - "Bristol City"

Ice broken - good time, and a good haircut. Bought a couple of coffees and had a chat. All of them UK soccer-mad (Its called soccer here as AFL and NRL are called 'Football)

It was pretty much exclusively an Eritrean Barbers - I was the only non-african guy in there all year - the guys were apologetic about the initial reception, as usually non-africans just walk straight out again, so they were shocked I stayed.

Bristol City - mercilessly mocked all around the world - certainly by the Barbers Of Eritrea!

Top story! How is it now lockdown is over?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Despair was setting in.

Silence.

'Yeah'

'Yeah, thats right'

Me - "Bristol City"

Hopefully you'll be going back to gloat when we win…

confused long hair GIF

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Despair was setting in.

Silence.

'Yeah'

'Yeah, thats right'

Me - "Bristol City"

Looks like Eritrean barbers are shrewd readers of the game...

• Haha 1