IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match day thread

2 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Is Palmer injured, or just did not impress Tuesday? 

Palmer, for me, is a waste of space, he’s barely ever delivered in his time at City and certainly didn’t on Tuesday night.  If you are Palmer and you look at the bench today and you don’t make it, then your days are numbered.

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 5

I feel sorry for Pring, he’s been one of our best players this year (in games Iv seen) playing in a new left wing/left forward role, then gets moved to left back for one game (where he has a poor game) and now is out of the team meaning we have to go back to 352/3412 because we don’t have many wide options. 

Lost count of how many diff formations we have tried this year…..

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Palmer, for me, is a waste of space, he’s barely ever delivered in his time at City and certainly didn’t on Tuesday night.  If you are Palmer and you look at the bench today and you don’t make it, then your days are numbered.

I’ve said this from day one. Never got it.  Hopefully he isn’t injured.  Pearson may think what’s the point in him being on the bench if he does zilch every time he comes on 

3 minutes ago, brad blit said:

I feel sorry for Pring, he’s been one of our best players this year (in games Iv seen) playing in a new left wing/left forward role, then gets moved to left back for one game (where he has a poor game) and now is out of the team meaning we have to go back to 352/3412 because we don’t have many wide options. 

Lost count of how many diff formations we have tried this year…..

Was just saying this to someone in the pub pre-game. I'd like to see more of Pring and almost feel like he isn't being given enough chances.

I assume there's a reason for that however,  but you never know...

• Like 1
Just now, RedorDead BCFC said:

Get the tin hat on! 

I can’t see there being any fans that are 100% convinced Pearson is the man to guide us to the play offs at some point in the next 3 seasons. The jury is surely still out a little bit. Personally I will start judging him properly around this time next season. He’s got this season to sort out the club and build his team/philosophy 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Was it last away game he scored the winner ?

And, Scott scored last game, is he now entitled to starts because of that. As a striker scoring one big goal should be a regularity, and when he's performing so below par in other areas it's baffling you think he's justifying starting. Britton scored against Brentford, if score and stay in is your logic why not play him?

1 minute ago, RedNachos said:

And, Scott scored last game, is he now entitled to starts because of that. As a striker scoring one big goal should be a regularity, and when he's performing so below par in other areas it's baffling you think he's justifying starting. Britton scored against Brentford, if score and stay in is your logic why not play him?

You think we should have a striker at this level who regularly scores big goals ? Think we should just agree to disagree as we won’t find any common ground with this!

Just now, And Its Smith said:

3 games ago he scored the winner so it’s 2 games. We don’t have any players that are very good every game so not sure what you’re expecting 

Remind me, what else did he do in that game. If you're happy with a slow odd flick on striker then I'm happy for you. Me, I expect more.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

It’s like he’s playing 5 aside football when he comes on . Don’t know what it is. Too much money too young possibly. Not saying he has a bad attitude at all but lacks hunger imo. Another brilliant Ashton signing 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

But he *must* be good as we signed him from Chelsea. Fans took to him and instantly gave him a song, he can  do no wrong.

But yes look a bit deeper and he really hasn’t clicked here, under several managers now. Wasn’t he patchy during his loan at Swansea too, not holding down a place there either? 

He isn’t the sole reason we aren’t performing but I do believe your subs should be game changing, make an impression, or impact as they say in rugby. He only occasionally does that. Massive improvement needed.

• Like 2