IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match day thread

11 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I can’t see there being any fans that are 100% convinced Pearson is the man to guide us to the play offs at some point in the next 3 seasons. The jury is surely still out a little bit. Personally I will start judging him properly around this time next season. He’s got this season to sort out the club and build his team/philosophy 

I agree, this time next season. He will have had 2 more transfer windows to make an impact and I fully expect the club to try and support him to improve the playing squad. If we are still churning out the same inconsistent performances and not managing games better then that will be the time to ask if NP is up to the job or not 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Does any of us see what Pearson sees??

Everyone sees a game differently I guess. Personally I think Martin has been up and down but generally deserves his place considering the lack of other options.  I cannot remember the last striker we owned apart from Reid who was consistent and played well every game. Doesn’t really happen at this level that much unless they are strikers that have been relegated to this league like Mitrovic 

26 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Palmer, for me, is a waste of space, he’s barely ever delivered in his time at City and certainly didn’t on Tuesday night.  If you are Palmer and you look at the bench today and you don’t make it, then your days are numbered.

According to his insta post … he’s in Dubai at the moment ? 

20 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Or you don’t see what Pearson sees. Are you saying that you and Westonred know more than Pearson? Martin has to start in a game like this 

When reading some posts on twitter from a certain BBCRB officianado (in his own mind!!!) last night and he was suggesting we have to play through the thirds, beat the press, play our own game, etc....I wondered what Bristoi City team he'd watched this season.

Back on track, I totally see why Martin has been picked today, both when we have it and when we don't (set-pieces especially).  We aren't gonna be able play pretty football, questions whether we even try, so Martin is an obvious starter.  It seems once you have a bad game any decent games are no longer considered.  Overall he's been okay this season hasn't he, had a few off games, but had some good ones too.

19 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Got any head tennis stats Fevs? 

6-3, 4-6, 1-1 40-15 ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

When reading some posts on twitter from a certain BBCRB officianado (in his own mind!!!) last night and he was suggesting we have to play through the thirds, beat the press, play our own game, etc....I wondered what Bristoi City team he'd watched this season.

Back on track, I totally see why Martin has been picked today, both when we have it and when we don't (set-pieces especially).  We aren't gonna be able play pretty football, questions whether we even try, so Martin is an obvious starter.  It seems once you have a bad game any decent games are no longer considered.  Overall he's been okay this season hasn't he, had a few off games, but had some good ones too.

6-3, 4-6, 1-1 40-15 ?

But not good enough recently. Deserves to be dropped and if necessary come on later in the game. He's lethargic, not his fault, just the way he is.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Desso said:

But not good enough recently. Deserves to be dropped and if necessary come on later in the game. He's lethargic, not his fault, just the way he is.

Fair point...and maybe against plenty of other teams than WBA that might've been the case.  I see the logic in his selection.  Id have loved for us to in-form and think we could play non-direct play that didn't need Martin.