IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match day thread

2 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

Bristol City fans. So entitled….

we are where we deserve to be.

it’s laughable to think we can challenge in this league. Utterly laughable.

we haven’t got the players who are anywhere near good enough.

they’re mentally weak and have zero technical ability.

What are you on about you prat. 

Entitled? 12 months of shit football and because there is some moaning you are making accusations about being entitled?  You are having a laugh, or at least you might if you had two brain cells to rub together.

Can’t compete in this league that we’ve been in since 2014, and where we’ve won 4, drawn 4, lost 5 this season?

Mentally weak? Yawn. Zero technical skills?  Laugh. 

Very questionable management comment and you might be demonstrating a small amount of nous

One of the worst half’s I’ve seen from City in a long time. 

Don’t understand game plan or tactics here, it’s the first time Iv began to question whether Pearson is right man for job ? I’m not expecting much from this game, but similar to Bournemouth where the team just isn’t performing or putting the effort in. 

Awful, awful, awful half of football from City, made worse by awful comms from Robinstv....Dan White is so twee and nice, Trego is not a footballer, adding nothing really.

They had no idea Pring came on at LCB and then that we went 442 when Simpson came on.

Back to the footie....Massengo all at sea in a ground as far from the coast as you can get.

Pring comes out with credit....that's about it.

Lucky its only 2-0.

Got to improve massively, or it will be a cricket score, which might suit Trego.

Please, please play better and maybe whack someone up in the air.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Shock horror losing to another parachute funded top 3 team, awaiting the typical OTIB meltdown. 

Meltdown that after losing Forest the Forest game in the manner we did - would have expected a  performance with a bit of character and to compete.

Hate to say it but we are a shambles all over the pitch and will be dragged in to a relagation battle.

Would love to be proved wrong.

1 minute ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

Anyone else really miss the good times in League One?

Joking aside, they are levels above our players but I still wanna see us get a big closer and win more of the ball, we can't even get two or three passes together.

It's really ugly to watch.

Give me back the old Ashton Gate any day. Bristol Sport model is killing this club.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I really wanted this to work, but he’s taking us down.  Is Tanner injured, if not didn’t he learn anything from Tuesday night?  No problem with Pearson as a person but he has the worst record of any City manager in history, and it’s getting worse.  I admire those of you who are keeping the faith, I really do, but if we’re heading downwards then something has to be done.  Anyone got any better ideas?

I'm afraid the problems are deep and rooted in the failure to make changes when LJ was so obviously not going to get us into the play-offs. Now that was obvious to some of us long before others. I can't recall where you stood on that. But that's the root of the problem. SL clung onto his boy wonder until it was too late. Holden was an absurd appointment. Ashton was transparently not doing the job that was needed for long term success. All the treasure spent, all the time wasted, left with a threadbare squad that can't compete.

I can't disagree that we look a bit of a shambles but whoever manages us has a mess to clear up. Not an attractive job. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Clearly second best, but not all was negative: Weimann created two good opportunities, Wells had a goal ruled out (probably the right decision) and defence was not bad overall (except for a back pass mistake and the positioning in the second goal, not helped by Baker's exit). We knew that they're strong, especially in attack, and with yhe current score a comeback appears unrealistic: that being said, I guess Nigel will bring in Callum to try to add speed to our upfront play (I didn't understand the change Tanner-Simpson though).

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Street red said:

Unfortunately we don't belong in the yo-yo league  and until we get rid of Johnson and Holden signings we won't be improving anytime soon. A massive change is needed and pearson has his hands tied unless we cash in.

Genuine question. If those signings/players are so bad, how did we generally do ok? COYR 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

What I'm disappointed at, is you'd think Nigel Pearson would be better at lifting morale after a crushing blow like Tuesday's loss. A vetran manager, you'd think he had the man management skills to lift players back up so they do, indeed, go again. Play to their best ability. 

But here we are, in a sort of last season death spiral again.

Against decent oppo admittedly, but the belief just seems to have gone from the side.

I don't expect the players were too happy about two coaches being fired…probably unsettled everyone to some extent

• Confused 1
5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

What I'm disappointed at, is you'd think Nigel Pearson would be better at lifting morale after a crushing blow like Tuesday's loss. A vetran manager, you'd think he had the man management skills to lift players back up so they do, indeed, go again. Play to their best ability. 

But here we are, in a sort of last season death spiral again.

Against decent oppo admittedly, but the belief just seems to have gone from the side.

To be fair, two of these recent games (writing this one off as a loss) are against teams who profit from an utterly broken financial aid system.

Until that Cancer is removed from the league, we struggle and paper and in the literal sense to compete.

Same for us, Preston, Millwall, etc.

Ta least half of this league have had the equivalent of £60m+ for free in the past 11 years.

I don't think belief is the problem, the issue is that for all the effort we can try and leave on the pitch, we're a small squad with zero technical ability with some wasters still on the books.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

So the Pearson out crew. Which is fair enough. Who shall we hire to take over and with no money to spend what should be our expectations. 

Bonkers to want Pearson out at this stage.

Unless the unthinkable happens, I'm for keeping him and seeing how the club evolves under him.

That doesn't mean we can't question his judgement of course. Today is not the first time it's seemed very faulty.

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

I hope there is a real blow-up at h-t.  A few home truths needed.

Bents very poor for their second goal.

Why is White asking Trego how City sort this out second half.  Trego in fairness is coming across okay, but I hate White's comms.  Toby much better.  Sorry, rather deflect how bad City have been to talk about Robinstv.