IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match day thread

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

The main commentator at half time just said Wells being offside and being played through shows we can cause them problems. How is being caught offside causing them problems?

In fairness, WBA have looked a little vulnerable on the rare occasions we have played it on the floor and Wells showed again that give him chances and he will score.  Trouble is our tactic seems to be to lump it in the air to Martin, whose hardly won a header. 

Edited by old_eastender
3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Awful, awful, awful half of football from City, made worse by awful comms from Robinstv....Dan White is so twee and nice, Trego is not a footballer, adding nothing really.

They had no idea Pring came on at LCB and then that we went 442 when Simpson came on.

Back to the footie....Massengo all at sea in a ground as far from the coast as you can get.

Pring comes out with credit....that's about it.

Lucky its only 2-0.

Got to improve massively, or it will be a cricket score, which might suit Trego.

Please, please play better and maybe whack someone up in the air.

Angry Fevs. I like angry Fevs.

As I said, I barely watched any of that. Checked infogol. 0 shots, xG of 0, and our only chance was offside. Sounds brutal.

Just watched HT RobinsTV and yeh  White is too nice, even nicer than Toby was. Trego isn't great either. Just imagine the swearing if this was Tinman on comms. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It wasn’t as bad as Steve Coppell’s record ....

True, but I sort of think anyone in charge for 5 games or less doesn’t really count statistically.

We seemingly appointed Holden on that basis, 5 games, 1 defeat. Madness.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Give me back the old Ashton Gate any day. Bristol Sport model is killing this club.

Yeah I would really take being back pre stadium rebuild overall I think. But that’s more to do with atmosphere and togetherness.  Just an ‘event’ these days.  Like the cinema or theatre.  

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

So what is it then? Because it's not just started under NP, has it?

Look no further than our almost non existent Board and our owner who has consistently failed over two decades to deliver on promises.

PS What is the point of a High Performance Centre with no high performance players.  What is wrong with Weston beach!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Fuber said:

To be fair, two of these recent games (writing this one off as a loss) are against teams who profit from an utterly broken financial aid system.

Until that Cancer is removed from the league, we struggle and paper and in the literal sense to compete.

Same for us, Preston, Millwall, etc.

Ta least half of this league have had the equivalent of £60m+ for free in the past 11 years.

I don't think belief is the problem, the issue is that for all the effort we can try and leave on the pitch, we're a small squad with zero technical ability with some wasters still on the books.

Hmm. But parachute side or no parachute side, we've played better than today. Even at home!!!

We KNOW these players can and have done better. That's where the question about self-confidence comes in. 

• Like 1
Just now, JonDolman said:

Not disagreeing but what chances did Weimann create. Offside goal? Cross into keepers arms or cross out of Martin's reach? Can't remember a chance he created but I might be wrong.

Well, compared to WBA's ones they were half chances (Andi's cross before their first goal and after it a strong pass that almost found two players inside the box). Not much, but with the minimum assistance they got...

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I hope there is a real blow-up at h-t.  A few home truths needed.

Bents very poor for their second goal.

Why is White asking Trego how City sort this out second half.  Trego in fairness is coming across okay, but I hate White's comms.  Toby much better.  Sorry, rather deflect how bad City have been to talk about Robinstv.

White is asking Trego the exact same questions that he'd ask Tinnion or Joe Williams. Which is ridiculous. Tregs is a fan, he's not a player or a coach.

It's pretty lame I agree. Just an all-round shockingly bad hour in the Club's history.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, collier said:

So its laughable as a City fan to hope that we can be competitive in matches this season huh? Nobody is asking that we win the league but I for one would like us to at least give teams a game and also if not too much to ask, win a home game. Does that seem unreasonable??

Well if that's really what you want, what have you been watching? Because we've given everyone a game, bar Bournemouth and WBA. We've been competitive in every game, bar Bournemouth and WBA.

Both those teams were in the Premier League last season and everyone's perfectly aware of the gulf these days between that division and this one. Meanwhile, on form we're lucky not to be a Third Division team by now and the manager has been given precious little resources to change that around.

So what do we realistically expect, either today or in the short term? 

It was always going to be a horrible struggle this season, never mind today against a superior opponent at a ground we do badly at.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I hope there is a real blow-up at h-t.  A few home truths needed.

Bents very poor for their second goal.

Why is White asking Trego how City sort this out second half.  Trego in fairness is coming across okay, but I hate White's comms.  Toby much better.  Sorry, rather deflect how bad City have been to talk about Robinstv.

The one thing we have to do, and I keep saying it, is a buy a leader in the window and never have a Goalkeeper captaining the team ever again. How the make up of the squad ended up there just about sums up the leadership (I'm talking above the Manager now) at this club. It's ******* clueless and lacking in ANY football knowledge whatsoever. An Owner who got dazzled by talk of "Clubs in the Bag" and put his 100% faith in Swiss Tony  telling everyone who would listen that the fans got it wrong has literally got us here. It's an uncomfortable truth but it is the truth. We have to take the pain and let Nige sort it out.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I really wanted this to work, but he’s taking us down.  Is Tanner injured, if not didn’t he learn anything from Tuesday night?  No problem with Pearson as a person but he has the worst record of any City manager in history, and it’s getting worse.  I admire those of you who are keeping the faith, I really do, but if we’re heading downwards then something has to be done.  Anyone got any better ideas?

A three year rebuild . Did you think it would be a constant upward trajectory for those three years. The players ain’t good enough , it’s a thankless task & a massive job. We’ve all said we just need to stay up this season . That’s the be all & end all.
you’re a typical , if things ain’t right sack everyone. You’re a clown  

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1
6 minutes ago, lenred said:

You literally have no idea how football works do you.  It’s ok, it’s rhetorical. 

How does it work Len? Do share your infinite wisdom on this subject, you’ll. be be doing us all a massive favour.  Do we turn up every week to watch our team lose an d put in yet another shocking performance?  I knew I was missing something.  That’s alright then, let’s keep backing Pearson because he’s clearly the man who can deliver on what football is all about, week in, week out.