IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match day thread

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I hope there is a real blow-up at h-t.  A few home truths needed.

Bents very poor for their second goal.

Why is White asking Trego how City sort this out second half.  Trego in fairness is coming across okay, but I hate White's comms.  Toby much better.  Sorry, rather deflect how bad City have been to talk about Robinstv.

Correct, Dave. That first half was embarrassing. Reminded me of Watford away last season. We’re lucky it’s not 5-0. They are better than us but through organisation, mindset and some clarity of thought, we could be doing a lot better. 

Edited by firstdivision
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Genuine question. If those signings/players are so bad, how did we generally do ok? COYR 

Doing ok isn't good enough we have a centre half that cost us 8 million Palmer that is a waste of space and the list goes on, We had one good season after that it's been free falling.. Unless we get fresh faces the attitude and quality we produce on a matchday won't improve..  

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The one thing we have to do, and I keep saying it, is a buy a leader in the window and never have a Goalkeeper captaining the team ever again. How the make up of the squad ended up there just about sums up the leadership (I'm talking above the Manager now) at this club. It's ******* clueless and lacking in ANY football knowledge whatsoever. An Owner who got dazzled by talk of "Clubs in the Bag" and put his 100% faith in Swiss Tony  telling everyone who would listen that the fans got it wrong has literally got us here. It's an uncomfortable truth but it is the truth. We have to take the pain and let Nige sort it out.

This isn’t aimed at you but i have thought it since day one. Probably should start a thread of it’s own. Why do people believe Pearson is the man for us? I am not having a dig just genuinely interested. 

1 minute ago, SouthS22 said:

How does it work Len? Do share your infinite wisdom on this subject, you’ll. be be doing us all a massive favour.  Do we turn up every week to watch our team lose an d put in yet another shocking performance?  I knew I was missing something.  That’s alright then, let’s keep backing Pearson because he’s clearly the man who can deliver on what football is all about, week in, week out. 

Do you honestly think our current situation has nothing to do with how Ashton and LJ left us? Spunking all the kitty and more on shite, stripping rhe squad of quality, replacing with shite and leaving us nothing to work with of note? Having to scratch around to sign a £350k defender from Carlisle? If not you’re as bad as the person I was actually responding to. As that was the point. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

A three year rebuild . Did you think it would be a constant upward trajectory

for those three years. The players ain’t good enough , it’s a thankless task & a massive job. We’ve all said we just need to stay up this season . That’s the be all & end all.
you’re a typical , if things ain’t right sack everyone. You’re a clown  

Cheers for the abuse, but in amongst the nastiness there’s a bit of truth: ‘we just need to stay up this season’.  Spot on, and that’s what convinces me we have to do something radical.  We are not going to stay up on our current trajectory and there are signs that Pearson is losing the plot.  At what point does the Board say enough is enough?  When it’s too late?  ?

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Dont forget to include Holden…as 8 of the starting 11 were purchased under their watch ?

This is what I'm saying everyone blaming Pearson but come on these players are awful. There's only a few I would keep the rest pack your bags. You can coach and tell the players what you want if they don't do it what can you do.

• Like 1