IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match day thread

Just now, Banjo Red said:

This is what I'm saying everyone blaming Pearson but come on these players are awful. There's only a few I would keep the rest pack your bags. You can coach and tell the players what you want if they don't do it what can you do.

It seems like for the moment a small (loud) minority are blaming Pearson. Many still keeping the faith 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

This isn’t aimed at you but i have thought it since day one. Probably should start a thread of it’s own. Why do people believe Pearson is the man for us? I am not having a dig just genuinely interested. 

Surely the answer is that what was - and is - needed is someone with experience of rebuilding a squad and getting it for for a promotion challenge. Pearson has a record of doing that. In so far as he's the right man for the job it's because that's what he's doing. It's not going to work right away, folk seem to have accepted that. The club's in a mess, it needs cleaning up. 

I think that's the answer.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1
Just now, Red Exile said:

Surely the answer is that what was - and is - needed is someone with experience of rebuilding a squad and getting it for for a promotion challenge. Pearson has a record of doing that. In so far as he's the right man for the job it's because that's what he's doing. It's not going to work right away, folk seem to have accepted that. The club's in a mess, it needs cleaning up. 

I know Leicester but where else has he done it? 

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Didn't he have money to that? We keep getting told we have none so why does anyone think he's going to be able to replicate something he's done once again?

1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

This isn’t aimed at you but i have thought it since day one. Probably should start a thread of it’s own. Why do people believe Pearson is the man for us? I am not having a dig just genuinely interested. 

We have an owner who has literally lost interest in bailing the club out and actually cannot to a huge extent due to FFFP anyway. His madness in defending the indefensible (I'm talking about that *** Swiss Tony) has literally cost us millions of pounds then you add in Covid and finacially we are ******. I am certain that Pearson has been put on a three year contract to literally get the club sorted out in THREE YEARS (believe it or not) whilst Steve takes a back seat and spends as little money as possible.

Anybody who thinks that Steve will keep dipping his hand in his pocket and paying for new managers on the whim of a few bellends on here plus the associated staff changes is wet behind the ears at best, a ******* total clown at worst. We can see with the current coaching changes taking place that he is backing Nige and that is that. This season is about avoiding relegation and small improvement........that's all it is and anybody who disagrees with that is simply in denial of the facts and the situation we were in at the end of last season.

None of us want the team to be getting embarrassed on a Saturday but some people are accepting that this is the pain we have to put up with for a while.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

We have an owner who has literally lost interest in bailing the club out and actually cannot to a huge extent due to FFFP anyway. His madness in defending the indefensible (I'm talking about that *** Swiss Tony) has literally cost us millions of pounds then you add in Covid and finacially we are ******. I am certain that Pearson has been put on a three year contract to literally get the club sorted out in THREE YEARS (believe it or not) whilst Steve takes a back seat and spends as little money as possible.

Anybody who thinks that Steve will keep dipping his hand in his pocket and paying for new managers on the whim of a few bellends on here plus the associated staff changes is wet behind the ears at best, a ******* total clown at worst. We can see with the current coaching changes taking place that he is backing Nige and that is that. This season is about avoiding relegation and small improvement........that's all it is and anybody who disagrees with that is simply in denial of the facts and the situation we were in at the end of last season.

None of us want the team to be getting embarrassed on a Saturday but some people are accepting that this is the pain we have to put up with for a while.

Someone who talks sense 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Well if that's really what you want, what have you been watching? Because we've given everyone a game, bar Bournemouth and WBA. We've been competitive in every game, bar Bournemouth and WBA.

Both those teams were in the Premier League last season and everyone's perfectly aware of the gulf these days between that division and this one. Meanwhile, on form we're lucky not to be a Third Division team by now and the manager has been given precious little resources to change that around.

So what do we realistically expect, either today or in the short term? 

It was always going to be a horrible struggle this season, never mind today against a superior opponent at a ground we do badly at.

Derby drew there. Millwall drew there. Luton game them a game and lost 3-2. Swansea beat them this season as well but it's asking too much of us to at least be competitive. Ok guess we shouldn't expect anything from our professional football club just because teams are deemed to be better. How did these other teams manage to live with them??