IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match day thread

11 minutes ago, Street red said:

Doing ok isn't good enough we have a centre half that cost us 8 million Palmer that is a waste of space and the list goes on, We had one good season after that it's been free falling.. Unless we get fresh faces the attitude and quality we produce on a matchday won't improve..  

I would say doing ok was doing exactly that. We are average payers in this division, with probably just over average attendances. I would say we had one very good season, followed by average to good seasons. Now we are an absolute shambles & that isn’t based on playing any of the top teams in this division ( for example Forest ). Fresh faces needed I agree, but we are told this lot have a great attitude & are fitter than ever! COYR 

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

If he was going to do that I don't see the decisions on Downing and Simpson being made by the club and agreed by the Owner.

Simpson is so say going back to Carlisle to manage them, so looks like that wasn’t a Pearson decision & nothing official on Downing, although im pretty sure Villa were after him in the summer, so again maybe not a decision by Pearson.

5 minutes ago, collier said:

Derby drew there. Millwall drew there. Luton game them a game and lost 3-2. Swansea beat them this season as well but it's asking too much of us to at least be competitive. Ok guess we shouldn't expect anything from our professional football club just because teams are deemed to be better. How did these other teams manage to live with them??

You're not comparing like for like.

Why are you comparing us to Millwall, Luton and Swansea? None of those clubs are in free fall like us.

I'll repeat, we should be in the Third  Division. The addition of 1 one championship standard player plus 2 from the lower leagues who are still learning the ropes has improved us but not by much. 

Just now, Red Exile said:

I suspect not. I'm afraid I don't know what your point is. Someone has to manage us. Presumably their track record is an indicator as to what they have to offer.

My point is people come back to rebuilding leicester. I can see that part of his record but what else makes him the man? I am actually interested because i just don’t see what else makes his CV so impressive. Any other manager on a run like this gets rightly crucified.

• Like 1
Just now, GTFABM said:

My point is people come back to rebuilding leicester. I can see that part of his record but what else makes him the man? I am actually interested because i just don’t see what else makes his CV so impressive. Any other manager on a run like this gets rightly crucified.

It's context...the squad has no depth, we've had some cracking away wins.