IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match day thread

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

These 2 commentators have no passion whatsoever. The main guy sounds like he should be a children's TV presenter.

The cricket guy knows very little about football. And I know he is supposed to be a City fan but he doesn't sound like he particularly cares.

He’s a Man Utd fan

4 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

My point is people come back to rebuilding leicester. I can see that part of his record but what else makes him the man? I am actually interested because i just don’t see what else makes his CV so impressive. Any other manager on a run like this gets rightly crucified.

Steve has had a guts full and has given Nige three years to sort the club out. That's how I see it. If that happens to an acceptable degree I also think he will be looking to sell up. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

You're not comparing like for like.

Why are you comparing us to Millwall, Luton and Swansea? None of those clubs are in free fall like us.

I'll repeat, we should be in the Third  Division. The addition of 1 one championship standard player plus 2 from the lower leagues who are still learning the ropes has improved us but not by much. 

I am comparing other championship clubs. How is that not relevant? Just because you think you knows the in's and out's of our club you don't have a clue regarding the internal workings of those clubs. You don't know what state their in. I also note you conveniently left Derby out of your example, any reason? Is it because they are in a far worse state than us but managed a competitive result maybe??

Regardless of what clubs bring in, what division they should be in etc etc, the bare minimum should be to leave it all out there and try to be competitive Today that hasn't happened.

19 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Cheers for the abuse, but in amongst the nastiness there’s a bit of truth: ‘we just need to stay up this season’.  Spot on, and that’s what convinces me we have to do something radical.  We are not going to stay up on our current trajectory and there are signs that Pearson is losing the plot.  At what point does the Board say enough is enough?  When it’s too late?  ?

Ah bless. So you can have a pop at players etc but get called a clown you start crying. ???????????

answer the question. Did you think it would be a constant upward curve with at least half a dozen players that ain’t good enough.

whats your plan ? Get someone else in , change the coaching staff again , playing style again ? 
The players ain’t good enough , it’s as simple as that. 
pearson said we can’t change the squad straight away. This has been a slow decline thanks to Ashton, Johnson & Lansdown being asleep at the wheel for three years. However you blame the here & now. You rightly deserve your clown tag if you don’t understand where we are as a club right now. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1
26 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Cheers for the abuse, but in amongst the nastiness there’s a bit of truth: ‘we just need to stay up this season’.  Spot on, and that’s what convinces me we have to do something radical.  We are not going to stay up on our current trajectory and there are signs that Pearson is losing the plot.  At what point does the Board say enough is enough?  When it’s too late?  ?

At what point do you propose who and how this will be paid for?

1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

I know i am not one of the Pearson out crew just yet. But trying to understand all the hype. Not trying to be argumentative just never fully got it.

Well...I never understood the LJ hype, and we had to put up with that for months, years, after it was clear he wasn't up to it. And have his supposed virtues rammed down out throats by our inept owner. A period in which hope drained away. I think most are grateful someone with Pearson's experience wanted the job. If he's to go I'd love to know who'd replace him.

• Like 4
  • Flames 6

I still believe in big Nige, he has had one transfer window with little money and the players in the main have been decent signings in Tanner, Atkinson and James. We lack pace and goals in the forward areas which Pearson has spoken of but Lansdown  will need to make funds  available, I trust Pearson more than any other recent manager to spend the money wisely. Players like O Dowda, Palmer, Wells and dare I say it Weiman need to be moved on and that front line needs complete fresh blood but this takes money and time which hopefully Pearson will get. 

• Like 5

Did anyone realistically believe that we would be West Brom today? 

Sacking the manager is not the answer.

We’d be sacking them every week.

Our problems have come from selling everyone with any value and previous regimes taking punts on replacements, Covid and FFP.

We will pick up wins, but you wouldn’t expect us to be able to compete with teams who have just come down from the Premier League, especially as we have no strength in depth.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 2
1 minute ago, j1974 said:

I still believe in big Nige, he has had one transfer window with little money and the players in the main have been decent signings in Tanner, Atkinson and James. We lack pace and goals in the forward areas which Pearson has spoken of but Lansdown  will need to make funds  available, I trust Pearson more than any other recent manager to spend the money wisely. Players like O Dowda, Palmer, Wells and dare I say it Weiman need to be moved on and that front line needs complete fresh blood but this takes money and time which hopefully Pearson will get. 

We had the chance this summer to move Weinmann on.