IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match day thread

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not for Pearson out all the other hysterical stuff, but the guy definitely ballsed up taking off Tanner in the way he did.

A really silly decision.

Unless Tanner was feeling a bit under-the-weather but still fit to play. The backpass could've suggested he wasn't up to it.

Hypothetical, of course, but that might explain it.

We'll find out after f/t.

1 minute ago, Gert Mare said:

Did anyone realistically believe that we would be West Brom today? 

Sacking the manager is not the answer.

No, but I did expect us to beat Blackpool, Luton, Preston and Forest Green.

Sacking NP not the answer, but I hope NP has the answer.

Just now, Br1stolCityBoy said:

NP is an angry bully. The dressing room must be rock bottom!

Doesn't matter whether we have a bullshitter, a nice guy or a bully in charge it doesn't stop our players taking £20K out of Steve's pocket every week and giving **** all back too much of the time. Yeah, you're right, we really should be feeling very sorry for those poor players.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not for Pearson out all the other hysterical stuff, but the guy definitely ballsed up taking off Tanner in the way he did.

A really silly decision.

And he signed Simpson.

But most importantly thought Simpson could do a job in this league.

Do you think the standard changed significantly while Pearson was out of it (mostly through parachute financing) and he simply under estimated the quality?

I understand it’s not completely his fault, but this is a major red flag for a player he sees regularly in training.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
1 minute ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

And he signed Simpson.

Do you think the standard changed significantly while Pearson was out of it (mostly through parachute financing) and he simply under estimated the quality?

I understand it’s not completely his fault, but this is a major red flag for a player he sees regularly in training.

Fair point @Dullmoan Tone

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Today is depressing but the barometer for me is next week at Barnsley.

We need a vastly improved performance and a win. If that does not happen, I will believe we are in real trouble.

Completely agree.

Anything other than a win on Saturday and it will really compound the issue.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Unless Tanner was feeling a bit under-the-weather but still fit to play. The backpass could've suggested he wasn't up to it.

He jogged off quite quickly, not suggesting to me that he was injured or feeling unwell, unless he was running to the bathroom of course! 

To me players who run off when being subbed on the whole are out to show they aren’t injured and still have energy.

• Like 1
Just now, Dullmoan Tone said:

And he signed Simpson.

That’s exactly my worry - that the game has moved on.  I have no problem with anyone who wants to keep him on, but until we get not just one home win, but four or five home wins, then time will appear to be running out.  At what point to you bite the bullet and make a change?  We can all see the cracks, but how much wider must they get?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Someone suggested it was his attitude after the backpass- not busting a gut to make up for it- that got him hooked.

With regards to the sub itself I'm not going to judge too harshly on it.

Some players react better to a gentle arm around them, some react better to a kick up the arse, everyone is different.

55 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Words fail me. Are you completely oblivious to the financial side of the the club? Steve might ask who the **** do you think you are to expect him to keep paying compensation for old Managers and additional wages for new Managers to suit you? Another problem - it's a football cost, we haven't got a pot to ******* piss in and that means EVEN LESS for the new manager you propose to spend Steve's money on (because that's exactly who will be paying for yet another new manager to suit you).

Ooh Steve and his money. Doff cap, tug forelock. Thanks guv. If you haven’t spotted that he’s the problem then you are truly lost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

I'd keep James, Williams, Tanner, Atkinson, Pring, Massengo and Bentley and bin the rest of the older lot off, they aren't progressing or improving us in the slightest.

I'd rather have 11 players like Tanner and be right near the bottom but show fight and willingness to improve and fight in games, if we get outplayed so be it, but this squad is so unbalanced its unbelievable.

Paying 20k a week for players like Wells, Martin, Weimann, Palmer, O'Dowda and even Kalas and Baker just doesn't ring right with me. We could get so much more out of players on a quarter of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1