IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match day thread

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

That’s exactly my worry - that the game has moved on.  I have no problem with anyone who wants to keep him on, but until we get not just one home win, but four or five home wins, then time will appear to be running out.  At what point to you bite the bullet and make a change?  We can all see the cracks, but how much wider must they get?

Some of us could see the cracks long before LJ got the boot...and they got wider...and wider and wider...I strongly suspect we'd not be in this position if he'd gone 18 months or more before he did.

• Like 2
Just now, City1970 said:

This is a forum to discuss City, not just this match. Weimann, Martin and Wells have missed countless sitters this season.

I will ignore the childish rant.

This is a thread about today's game, where I was making a comment about today's game.

Ignore away, you couldn't grasp a very simple concept.

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

I have been saying it for years and usually just received abuse

I accept that he has put a hell of a lot of hos own personal money into the club and we should be grateful for that. He has achieved a stadium re-build and training ground that is a fantastic facility in terms of his "bricks and mortar" performance. In terms of his football performance he has achieved a play off final, a cup semi-final and some lower league trophies but has also overseen literally seasons now of football that makes you wonder whether you really should be spending money on renewal the following season - it's not a great return for the outlay. I lost it with him when he replaced Johnson with Holden and when he started trying to explain to me what a great bloke Swiss Tony was. We now know where Steve is with the club and it isn't pretty.

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

What sitters have Weimman, Wells and Martin had today?

Have you actually been watching the game?

We've created nothing of note and didn't manage a shot in the first half.

Hugill alone had enough good chances for 4 or 5 in just the first half.

No point in criticising strikers until the lot behind them can create chances.

5 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Next time you are at a home game just look up and around you - then come back to me on this nonsense.

He pays the Managers for the performances.

..........without being able to back the one he appoints with the best track record because of the cash he allowed Mini Me and Swiss Tony to spunk away.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Leveller said:

No point in criticising strikers until the lot behind them can create chances.

I do get your point about creating more chances but our strikers cannot stretch an elastic band at the moment as we have no pace! I often watch our strikers movement and it's fairly static, if we are playing Martin then you have to have plenty of pace alongside and on the flanks, we don't currently. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

That’s exactly my worry - that the game has moved on.  I have no problem with anyone who wants to keep him on, but until we get not just one home win, but four or five home wins, then time will appear to be running out.  At what point to you bite the bullet and make a change?  We can all see the cracks, but how much wider must they get?

I notice you still haven’t answered my question . Is it possibly because you haven’t got a clue what you’re on about ? 

• Haha 3