IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match day thread

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Hmm, we do look like a bottom half side lately don't we?

I appreciate West Brom should be up there but today was a West Brom side that were low on confidence.

Not good.

We're a bottom 8 side........as long as we finish at the top end of that league it's mission accomplished for this season. Grim but true.

• Like 2
Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Of course it does.

Go take a swim in some concrete boots.

If you watch the games you will see our strikers miss countless sitters. I agree the service could be better, but when the chances come, our strikers miss sitters. Scott against forest is prime example.

Forget about giving abuse to people who have a different view and concentrate on valid debates. 

Just now, City1970 said:

If you watch the games you will see our strikers miss countless sitters. I agree the service could be better, but when the chances come, our strikers miss sitters. Scott against forest is prime example.

Forget about giving abuse to people who have a different view and concentrate on valid debates. 

I only debate with people who aren't a waste of oxygen. 

You actively sought an argument, you got one.

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Amended. Moronic moment by me. Been a long few hours

Tbh I didnt know it wasn't a Tuesday game, I was just making a poor joke from the working.

52 minutes ago, collier said:

I am comparing other championship clubs. How is that not relevant? 

In case it's escaped your attention, the trajectory of our club over the last year has been one massive downward spiral. A downward spiral like no other club in the entire Football League. No-one needs to know the inner workings of Millwall, Luton and Swansea to see that they are not on a similar downward spiral, nothing like it in fact. If you can't work that out, you need help. 

Derby? Derby are better than us, a fact that strengthens my argument not weakens it.

Derby have earned 17 points this season and only sit bottom thanks to a points deduction that has nothing to do with how their team is actually performing. If you can't work that out you're beyond help.

Seriously, losing badly at West Brom isn't the day to be throwing your toys out of the pram. 

Lose badly at home to Barnsley on the other hand and I might just join you.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 4
9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I accept that he has put a hell of a lot of hos own personal money into the club and we should be grateful for that. He has achieved a stadium re-build and training ground that is a fantastic facility in terms of his "bricks and mortar" performance. In terms of his football performance he has achieved a play off final, a cup semi-final and some lower league trophies but has also overseen literally seasons now of football that makes you wonder whether you really should be spending money on renewal the following season - it's not a great return for the outlay. I lost it with him when he replaced Johnson with Holden and when he started trying to explain to me what a great bloke Swiss Tony was. We now know where Steve is with the club and it isn't pretty.

It’s a difficult conversation isn’t it?

Are you a good parent because you buy expensive gifts? 

Is it actually a more nuanced conversation about the footballing decisions and opportunities encountered over the last 20 years?

Its too easy to simply say, ‘we could be Rovers’, true but we could have also been one of the many other clubs who have experienced far more success than ourselves.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

I notice you still haven’t answered my question . Is it possibly because you haven’t got a clue what you’re on about ? 

There’s admittedly no point in sacking Pearson - he may as well be given time to see what he can do. However, it’s difficult to see why he’s still getting the hero treatment when he has made almost no progress in improving performances after the best part of a year.

Oddly, Dean Holden still gets virtually zero understanding, despite having been dealt almost the same hand and doing no worse.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

I only debate with people who aren't a waste of oxygen. 

You actively sought an argument, you got one.

I didn’t sought an argument, I said our strikers miss sitters.

Lets leave it there. I am an experienced City supporter and you are someone who don’t like different views to your own.

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

It’s a difficult conversation isn’t it?

Are you a good parent because you buy expensive gifts? 

Is it actually a more nuanced conversation about the footballing decisions and opportunities encountered over the last 20 years?

Its too easy to simply say, ‘we could be Rovers’, true but we could have also been one of the many other clubs who have experienced far more success than ourselves.

With the money spent we should be Brighton currently playing the champions love on Sky at the top of the Prem.  Or we should have at least been in a similar position at least once or twice over the years   Criminal the money wasted here and the ‘leadership’ of Ashton especially.  

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Bloody hell, somebody showing a bit of perspective...........................

More concerned by the performance today than the result. But I expected a lower midtable season before it started and still expect the same now.

Obviously the quality of the opposition and how well they play can sometimes make our own performance look better or worse than it actually was, but first half in particular we extremely poor.

WBA will be sacking their manager if they don't go up without a doubt, some of their players should be in the Premier League.

Edited by JamesBCFC
3 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Getting outclassed by West Brom and Bournemouth will not define our season but how well we recover from this week may well do.

Two big games next Barnsley and Birmingham. Teams that are currently below us so it’s these results we should be looking at not those against prem teams.

Edited by Clevedon Red
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Completely agree.

Anything other than a win on Saturday and it will really compound the issue.

Indeed.

One strength LJ had was that - apart from that absurd losing streak - he generally had the ability to scrape out a win at the exact moment the fans’ patience was exhausted. That was a bad thing in some ways as it meant he stayed longer than was good for him or us but Pearson needs to find a way to do the same.

There is only so long reputation and improved early season performances can stave off the angry mob…

2 minutes ago, City1970 said:

I didn’t sought an argument, I said our strikers miss sitters.

Lets leave it there. I am an experienced City supporter and you are someone who don’t like different views to your own.

I'm fine with people having a different opinion.

I dislike people like you jumping in on something I said in order to just slate people.

I made a light hearted comment on Hugill's finishing to emphasise the sheer number of chances he had during the game.

You jumped in to slate our strikers who have had poor service in 75% of our games this season.

My previous comments on you still stand.

• Thanks 1