IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match day thread

23 minutes ago, chinapig said:

You are right about the overall picture of course but it has to be said that Rooney is doing a remarkable job in more difficult circumstances than Nigel faces. Would that we were as hard to score against as Rooney has made Derby for instance.

I don't disagree with that and your right but I won't have people telling me Derby this season are a better all round club and that we should expect us to put up less of a fight against the big teams because of terrible management from a previous tenure. I have never been on NP out but this guy trying to tell me we should expect to be worse than Luton and Derby, do me a favour!!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Wasn’t particularly happy with our away fans at the metro station after the game today, some of them squaring up to the WBA fans and some punches thrown despite families being stood nearby. The people involved barely had half a brain cell combined unfortunately.

But the CSF hate racists and nonces so they are all thoroughly nice blokes! ?

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We're talking about what their team, as opposed to our team, has achieved on the field of play!! 

A point perfectly obvious, I would have thought  from my previous post.

Enjoy the rest of your angry evening. 

Rooney's Derby have been left in a much worse position on and off the field by previous management than NP has at City.

Please explain then how they have accrued more point's than us this season? Your point being about on field play supposedly. They never even had enough players to field a team before the season started but grabbed any old free they could. We started the season with more than enough to field a first team and some, we brought in an experienced manager they have Rooney who was still playing a few years ago and had 0 managerial experience. Putting all that together why should we expect to be (minus their points deduction) in a worse position than them after 1/3 of the season?

4 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Just let the bloke get on with his job and accept that we’re not one of the big teams in this league.

Anyone who says there is no progress since he took over is lying. 

Had the team not folded against Forest then we’d be saying we’re nowhere West Brom’s level and to move on. 

I do agree his hands are tied to an extent, but we should be doing much, much better than we are under a manager of his pedigree.

22 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Just let the bloke get on with his job and accept that we’re not one of the big teams in this league.

Had the team not folded against Forest then we’d be saying we’re nowhere West Brom’s level and to move on. 

I remain absolutely convinced that if we'd held on to win a couple of home games but drawn two of the away games that we won, there'd be nowhere near as much doom and gloom despite the fact that we'd have exactly the same number of points.

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

I don't recall any other City manager taking as long as Pearson to come and do media interviews post match. Maybe I remember incorrectly, but does seem to take an age.

Maybe he’s discussing the game with the players, eh?

Does this really matter? Does he do the interview in the end?

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, David Brent said:

I think most people realise west brom are better than us, what I cant take is the lack of fight they've shown today. West brom were pressing us at every opportunity and we just let them have their way us. Pearson has told us how the fitness has improved for this season and how much its needed, that performance had no energy no fitness no desire and that is not acceptable to everyone that follows them across the country.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

I do agree his hands are tied to an extent, but we should be doing much, much better than we are under a manager of his pedigree.

Should we though? I don’t recall many people saying at the start of the season that we’d be promotion candidates this season. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

I think most people realise west brom are better than us, what I cant take is the lack of fight they've shown today. West brom were pressing us at every opportunity and we just let them have their way us. Pearson has told us how the fitness has improved for this season and how much its needed, that performance had no energy no fitness no desire and that is not acceptable to everyone that follows them across the country.

Spot on. Today felt like players have turned on Pearson. Might not be true but the performance was appalling. This team has been talked up by the staff as basically less talented than a lot of the league but the fitness and fight would be top notch. 3 games in a row that isn’t the case. 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Yeh broadly my view right now.

It's a real shame that the first 45 was so abject today. I thought the second half was better...we were still second best to a top championship team, but at least we gave them a game.

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

B******s, b******s and thrice b******s.

Did anyone, hand on heart, anticipate anything other than a comprehensive defeat this afternoon? I didn’t.

Cast your mind back two seasons when we were on the wrong end of a similar hiding at the Hawthorns as LJ’s stock began to plummet big style - progress since then has been negligible.

We’ve too many distinctly ordinary players, too many promising but raw youngsters who lack the experience to rumble with the big boys at this level, and a coach who increasingly doesn’t seem to know how to set us up.

The number of stupid errors, lapses in concentration and, of course, amateurish inability to see out a game is getting extremely tedious. And that Nathan Baker must be made of Waterford Crystal.

I’m not out of patience with NP, largely because burning through managers eventually saw us go down last time, but his tenure has been deeply underwhelming on the whole. Perhaps I’m still smarting from that horrendous collapse in midweek, but it all feels pretty ominous I’m afraid. :(

You are right, of course, about what we thought the result might be. What I did expect though was a collective determination to make it difficult for a better team. Didn’t see that at all in the first half. We were passive. spineless and harmless - an embarrassment. We were lucky not to be 5-0 down at half time. Reminded me of Watford (away) last season and we know what happened soon after that.

As for the rest, I pretty much agree. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's a real shame that the first 45 was so abject today. I thought the second half was better...we were still second best to a top championship team, but at least we gave them a game.

Gave them a game? What game what were you watching? ? We in no way shape or form gave them a game. Should have been 5-0 minimum. 

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Second half was due to West brom taking their foot off the gas at no point did city up the level to "give them a game" 

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Gave them a game? What game what were you watching? ? We in no way shape or form gave them a game. Should have been 5-0 minimum. 

2 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Second half was due to West brom taking their foot off the gas at no point did city up the level to "give them a game" 

I disagree. I saw us give a bit more, play a little better, take shots, win corners, and create some chances. We didn't give them a good game, but it was a slight improvement...admittedly from an utterly abject baseline.

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I disagree. I saw us give a bit more, play a little better, take shots, win corners, and create some chances. We didn't give them a good game, but it was a slight improvement...admittedly from an utterly abject baseline.

To be fair a little better from the first half is still completely awful. Are 2 shots were a soft header comfortably saved from Martin. And Wells maybe trying to lob the keeper or float one back post. Martin also had an effort from the right side of the box which almost went out for a throw in on the left side of the pitch. With all due respect, there are 0 positives you can take from today. 

11 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Surprised no mention of how poor Rob Atkinson has been recently. Still a long way for him to go to be a top half championship centre back. Good on the ball but not a great defender yet. Needs to player watch more and not just follow the ball. Players movement at this level top much for him right now 

Been bullied a bit last few games but we expected that. Still looks a good buy imo but won’t be the level of a Webster which I think a lot of people kind of think of. Don’t think anyone singularly should be pointed out. Everyone was miles below their best today. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Surprised no mention of how poor Rob Atkinson has been recently. Still a long way for him to go to be a top half championship centre back. Good on the ball but not a great defender yet. Needs to player watch more and not just follow the ball. Players movement at this level top much for him right now 

Think that the step up from L1 is big & as strikers who have done it often show, they don’t make it.

He clearly has potential but marking Dominic Solanke  or Callum Robinson is a country mile away from facing some bloke from Shrewsbury or Crewe.