IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match day thread

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, SouthS22 said:

How does it work Len? Do share your infinite wisdom on this subject, you’ll. be be doing us all a massive favour.  Do we turn up every week to watch our team lose an d put in yet another shocking performance?  I knew I was missing something.  That’s alright then, let’s keep backing Pearson because he’s clearly the man who can deliver on what football is all about, week in, week out. 

Do you honestly think our current situation has nothing to do with how Ashton and LJ left us? Spunking all the kitty and more on shite, stripping rhe squad of quality, replacing with shite and leaving us nothing to work with of note? Having to scratch around to sign a £350k defender from Carlisle? If not you’re as bad as the person I was actually responding to. As that was the point. 

• Like 4

I'd leave the team how it is - the problem is to win battles on the pitch, you need to be fighting them in the bloody first place. We're not even doing that.

Get out there, get stuck in, and lose 3 - 1. I don't care, just give them a game of football ffs and stop it being so easy

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

A three year rebuild . Did you think it would be a constant upward trajectory

for those three years. The players ain’t good enough , it’s a thankless task & a massive job. We’ve all said we just need to stay up this season . That’s the be all & end all.
you’re a typical , if things ain’t right sack everyone. You’re a clown  

Cheers for the abuse, but in amongst the nastiness there’s a bit of truth: ‘we just need to stay up this season’.  Spot on, and that’s what convinces me we have to do something radical.  We are not going to stay up on our current trajectory and there are signs that Pearson is losing the plot.  At what point does the Board say enough is enough?  When it’s too late?  🤡

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Dont forget to include Holden…as 8 of the starting 11 were purchased under their watch 😚

This is what I'm saying everyone blaming Pearson but come on these players are awful. There's only a few I would keep the rest pack your bags. You can coach and tell the players what you want if they don't do it what can you do.

• Like 1

Just now, Banjo Red said:

This is what I'm saying everyone blaming Pearson but come on these players are awful. There's only a few I would keep the rest pack your bags. You can coach and tell the players what you want if they don't do it what can you do.

It seems like for the moment a small (loud) minority are blaming Pearson. Many still keeping the faith 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

This isn’t aimed at you but i have thought it since day one. Probably should start a thread of it’s own. Why do people believe Pearson is the man for us? I am not having a dig just genuinely interested. 

Surely the answer is that what was - and is - needed is someone with experience of rebuilding a squad and getting it for for a promotion challenge. Pearson has a record of doing that. In so far as he's the right man for the job it's because that's what he's doing. It's not going to work right away, folk seem to have accepted that. The club's in a mess, it needs cleaning up. 

I think that's the answer.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

Just now, Red Exile said:

Surely the answer is that what was - and is - needed is someone with experience of rebuilding a squad and getting it for for a promotion challenge. Pearson has a record of doing that. In so far as he's the right man for the job it's because that's what he's doing. It's not going to work right away, folk seem to have accepted that. The club's in a mess, it needs cleaning up. 

I know Leicester but where else has he done it? 

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

Didn't he have money to that? We keep getting told we have none so why does anyone think he's going to be able to replicate something he's done once again?

1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

This isn’t aimed at you but i have thought it since day one. Probably should start a thread of it’s own. Why do people believe Pearson is the man for us? I am not having a dig just genuinely interested. 

We have an owner who has literally lost interest in bailing the club out and actually cannot to a huge extent due to FFFP anyway. His madness in defending the indefensible (I'm talking about that *** Swiss Tony) has literally cost us millions of pounds then you add in Covid and finacially we are ******. I am certain that Pearson has been put on a three year contract to literally get the club sorted out in THREE YEARS (believe it or not) whilst Steve takes a back seat and spends as little money as possible.

Anybody who thinks that Steve will keep dipping his hand in his pocket and paying for new managers on the whim of a few bellends on here plus the associated staff changes is wet behind the ears at best, a ******* total clown at worst. We can see with the current coaching changes taking place that he is backing Nige and that is that. This season is about avoiding relegation and small improvement........that's all it is and anybody who disagrees with that is simply in denial of the facts and the situation we were in at the end of last season.

None of us want the team to be getting embarrassed on a Saturday but some people are accepting that this is the pain we have to put up with for a while.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1