IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match day thread

Jerseybean

5 minutes ago, collier said:

Derby drew there. Millwall drew there. Luton game them a game and lost 3-2. Swansea beat them this season as well but it's asking too much of us to at least be competitive. Ok guess we shouldn't expect anything from our professional football club just because teams are deemed to be better. How did these other teams manage to live with them??

You're not comparing like for like.

Why are you comparing us to Millwall, Luton and Swansea? None of those clubs are in free fall like us.

I'll repeat, we should be in the Third  Division. The addition of 1 one championship standard player plus 2 from the lower leagues who are still learning the ropes has improved us but not by much. 

Just now, Red Exile said:

I suspect not. I'm afraid I don't know what your point is. Someone has to manage us. Presumably their track record is an indicator as to what they have to offer.

My point is people come back to rebuilding leicester. I can see that part of his record but what else makes him the man? I am actually interested because i just don’t see what else makes his CV so impressive. Any other manager on a run like this gets rightly crucified.

• Like 1

Just now, GTFABM said:

My point is people come back to rebuilding leicester. I can see that part of his record but what else makes him the man? I am actually interested because i just don’t see what else makes his CV so impressive. Any other manager on a run like this gets rightly crucified.

It's context...the squad has no depth, we've had some cracking away wins. 

Just now, Red Exile said:

It's context...the squad has no depth, we've had some cracking away wins. 

I know i am not one of the Pearson out crew just yet. But trying to understand all the hype. Not trying to be argumentative just never fully got it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

These 2 commentators have no passion whatsoever. The main guy sounds like he should be a children's TV presenter.

The cricket guy knows very little about football. And I know he is supposed to be a City fan but he doesn't sound like he particularly cares.

He’s a Man Utd fan

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Steve has had a guts full and has given Nige three years to sort the club out. That's how I see it. If that happens to an acceptable degree I also think he will be looking to sell up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

You're not comparing like for like.

Why are you comparing us to Millwall, Luton and Swansea? None of those clubs are in free fall like us.

I'll repeat, we should be in the Third  Division. The addition of 1 one championship standard player plus 2 from the lower leagues who are still learning the ropes has improved us but not by much. 

I am comparing other championship clubs. How is that not relevant? Just because you think you knows the in's and out's of our club you don't have a clue regarding the internal workings of those clubs. You don't know what state their in. I also note you conveniently left Derby out of your example, any reason? Is it because they are in a far worse state than us but managed a competitive result maybe??

Regardless of what clubs bring in, what division they should be in etc etc, the bare minimum should be to leave it all out there and try to be competitive Today that hasn't happened.