IGNORED

The greatest documentary ever made

Fordy62

Morning all,

I’ve recently rediscovered a documentary made when I was just a mere 20 year old, back in 2000. 

It’s a Louis Theroux documentary entitled “looking for love” and follows the plight of older Englishmen looking for love via the avenue of Thai brides. 

Most importantly you’ll make Lake Palmer. Arguably the funniest ever character to not be fictional. 

You’ll need a spare 47 minutes, but I assure you it’s the greatest program ever made. It’s available now on BBC iplayer. Season 3, episode 5 of his weird weekends collection.

Watch it ASAP, or otherwise I’ll be forced to destroy you verbally (this is an in joke!). 

Enjoy. 

7 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Morning all,

I’ve recently rediscovered a documentary made when I was just a mere 20 year old, back in 2000. 

It’s a Louis Theroux documentary entitled “looking for love” and follows the plight of older Englishmen looking for love via the avenue of Thai brides. 

Most importantly you’ll make Lake Palmer. Arguably the funniest ever character to not be fictional. 

You’ll need a spare 47 minutes, but I assure you it’s the greatest program ever made. It’s available now on BBC iplayer. Season 3, episode 5 of his weird weekends collection.

Watch it ASAP, or otherwise I’ll be forced to destroy you verbally (this is an in joke!). 

Enjoy. 

I now have a spare hour. I'll let you know at half 8 ish. 

Just now, The Batman said:

Just finished. Yeah he's just what you'd imagine those kinds of men who are after that life are like. 

Time to watch some of the others now. I like louie theroux's shows, never heard of the weird weekend ones. 

Then may I recommend “The most hated family in America”?

Youll be dumbfounded. 

I really liked the documentary Louis did on alcoholism, seemed very real to me.

For people who like murder documentaries I would put forward this...

Really shocking but also unintentionally hilarious at times, doubt there is a documentary out there with more footage of the trial plus interviews with victims parents and the accused.

47 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

You should definitely hunt them out, there are some cracking episodes. The UFO one has some really bizarre people and the swingers one is eye opening.... ?

Yeah now I know they are there, I'll go through them. 

Last night after the Thai bride episode I watched the Boar Separatists in South Africa and the Black Nationalists in New York. 

He does find some great people to spend time with. 

23 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Morning all,

Enjoy. 

The bloke's a ledge.

He has his own Facebook fan club https://www.facebook.com/letsgetdowntoitbaby/ and you can even buy Lake Palmer merchandise.

I believe he is still living in his bungalow in Great Yarmouth although at least two Far Eastern ladies have passed through and left with some of his money. 

Mind you, he still has some way to go before he can catch up with Somerset's own "Lake":  https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/britains-most-married-man-somerset-3559657

• Haha 1

On 23/10/2021 at 11:33, Fordy62 said:

Morning all,

Enjoy. 

I watched it and Louis was very good and almost getting them to admit that they like Thai/Asian women because they look and have the body of a young girl.

Bunch of dirty old men.