IGNORED

New direction

Red Army 75

45 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Is it time for SL to sell up . Obviously Covid and the millions he has spent are taking its toll . Plus his openness for investment. The club is stagnant at this present time. Who would like new ownership. 

Not a dig at SL by any means but I feel the club needs a new direction 

Totally agree.

I also believe the club needs a new direction.

14 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

Jesus christ.

An expected lose and cue the nonsense.

Some of these comments are utterly ridiculous however have been funny to read.

Maybe a Jordanian billionaire will buy us and we can carry them down winterstoke road? 

Not much better owners then Steve and certainly much much worse - be careful what you wish for. 

Bricks & mortar doesn’t make him a great owner. His ego let him believe he knows the game but surrounded himself with someone like Ashton who told him what he wanted to hear. He’s spent over £200m of his own money but on the pitch We've barely progressed. His legacy so far is . He’s no Harry dolman .

added to that . All the years before Ashton & the puss poor managerial appointments thinking he knew the game . He got one right in GJ . 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

The man who spouted similar nonsense a week or so ago after the Bournemouth defeat. Defended that by banging on about parachute payments…...

Did you read RGs article the Post this week? 

That says all there is to know about parachute payments. 

Iirc the Baggies get them don’t they?

50 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Is it time for SL to sell up . Obviously Covid and the millions he has spent are taking its toll . Plus his openness for investment. The club is stagnant at this present time. Who would like new ownership. 

Out of curiosity, what would you do differently?

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I asked the question is it for a new direction. It’s a healthy debate. Arrogant ***** 

Have you not noticed that after the departure of the fraud Ashton and the appointment of an established well respected manager in Nige that City are heading in a different direction?

• Like 1

Just now, WarksRobin said:

Out of curiosity, what would you do differently?

Honestly I’m not sure mate. It wasn’t a dig of SL by no means. But ME personally the club is in no man’s land. And SL himself has asked for investment. His ownership is coming to an end IMO his son won’t be taking over. So the question is who . 

Be careful what you wish for. There are a lot of people involved in football now that I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near our club - even if they brought greater success.

I like the fact that we have someone with a genuine affinity to the club and a passion for the city. I wish he’d made some different decisions on the pitch, but the legacy off it is undeniable.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Hey Robbored.

While I didn't expect a victory today, nor do I want SL to leave, I do think something is badly wrong at our club and it has been for some time.

What that is, I don't know but we seem to be on a downward trajectory currently and maybe have been for a while. 

While I don't necessarily agree with the OP, something is clearly not right.

If I had a pound….

“Badly wrong”….”downward trajectory”….

The problem is we’ve been going down for about 6 years according to some, and yet still, we are here in the championship. 

We will stay up, we will give Pearson the season. We will continue to invest when the time’s right.

It’s a big transition. There will be bumps along the road - there will be casualties.

Sacking Pearson now…not on the table, IMO.

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Honestly I’m not sure mate. It wasn’t a dig of SL by no means. But ME personally the club is in no man’s land. And SL himself has asked for investment. His ownership is coming to an end IMO his son won’t be taking over. So the question is who . 

The club loses money; it’s the only thing we do consistently. SL covers those financial losses, as any other owner would need to do. That’s the starting point for our business plan.

I think we have a new direction, and I don’t mean downwards. For the first time in a long time we have an experienced football person in charge and restructuring the club. It will take time and patience. There will be bumps in the road. 
January is important in my opinion. Can we wheel and deal to improve the squad and move some players on? We all want improvement on the pitch, let’s all get behind the club.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

If I had a pound….

“Badly wrong”….”downward trajectory”….

The problem is we’ve been going down for about 6 years according to some, and yet still, we are here in the championship. 

We will stay up, we will give Pearson the season. We will continue to invest when the time’s right.

It’s a big transition. There will be bumps along the road - there will be casualties.

Sacking Pearson now…not on the table, IMO.

I can't disagee Alessandro, on any of that. I've just asked a genuine question, to which I don't have answers. No knee jerk stuff from me atall, I have felt the same way for a good while and it's a concern.

Never have I, for one second, advocated sacking anyone.

Edited by Ska Junkie

Certainly don't see SL leaving as the answer, in these uncertain times.

There are many owners or prospective owners who would not be desirable. Equally plenty who might be.

The Ashton thing, I question whether so many of them were duds ability wise but a lot either did not fit tactically, settle or stay fit for long enough to make a strong impact.

Lastly, how easy is it to sell a club in this time? Any new owner as with any club would have to commit to covering the cash losses, there is proof of funding requirements for the following 2 years and of course FFP to consider. As well as prevailing uncertainty post Covid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I swear before the season people were saying mid table was most likely. Now we have slipped beneath that position, people are losing their minds!

Indeed. It was Tuesday's result that was disappointing, not today's or last Saturday's.

I am a bit concerned at how lethargic we seemed in the first half. How off the pace.

Maybe Nige needs to have more faith in younger, pacier players?  The veterans aren't doing it ATM.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

The club loses money; it’s the only thing we do consistently. SL covers those financial losses, as any other owner would need to do. That’s the starting point for our business plan.

I think we have a new direction, and I don’t mean downwards. For the first time in a long time we have an experienced football person in charge and restructuring the club. It will take time and patience. There will be bumps in the road. 
January is important in my opinion. Can we wheel and deal to improve the squad and move some players on? We all want improvement on the pitch, let’s all get behind the club.

I like NP . And I’m not disrespecting SL never have and haven’t in this thread. 

12 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

SL is opening asking for investment the man is getting no younger. His son won’t take over . It’s a reality the club will be sold 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ontariored said:

One has to start from the top. We can't seem to get the Management or the coaching hierarchy right. 

Until now……New CEO, new manager and new backroom staff.

It just takes time to get things where we all want them to be - patience is required.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Be careful what you wish for. There are a lot of people involved in football now that I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near our club - even if they brought greater success.

I like the fact that we have someone with a genuine affinity to the club and a passion for the city. I wish he’d made some different decisions on the pitch, but the legacy off it is undeniable.

I agree with your sentiments - and SL is going nowhere quickly in my opinion. But his legacy :gaah:

Surely Bristol City must be amongst the most consistently frustrating clubs to follow. His 20 years have been one false start after another...endless promises of jam tomorrow...never abysmal, never truly successful, just hope killing you...

I wish he'd get his act together!

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I can't disagee Alessandro, on any of that. I've just asked a genuine question, to which I don't have answers. No knee jerk stuff from me atall, I have felt the same way for a good while and it's a concern.

I really believe MA has caused havoc and left us in a mess that will take multiple windows to change. 

Quality and culture, levels and performance on and off the pitch.

For me, Pearson is as good a candidate as any right now. Been there. Done it. He may not take us up, but I think we will in time look back and see his influence. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, City37 said:

But who would buy us with for what Steve would want + the complexities of Bristol Sport ownership and Bears?

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Bristol Sport, of course, is the wider problem - being saying it, with a few others, for years now

I used to think the same, but now I’m not sure. Today, not all people who invest in football clubs are necessarily interested in football. Some people who are mega rich just want to go on an ego trip with a winning team. If you buy Bristol Sport you get Bristol Rugby, who can win the league and cup on a shoestring compared to football. Others who are interested in football, might be prepared to throw some money at the club to try to get to the Premier League for  the TV money 

Just now, Alessandro said:

I really believe MA has caused havoc and left us in a mess that will take multiple windows to change. 

Quality and culture, levels and performance on and off the pitch.

For me, Pearson is as good a candidate as any right now. Been there. Done it. He may not take us up, but I think we will in time look back and see his influence. 

Being honest, staying up would do me this season.

I totally understand the repercussions of overspending previously and the need for frugality but, PP clubs apart, we're all in the same boat as I understand things so why are we struggling again? We cannot spend our way out of this, so what is the answer? I  most certainly have no idea but League one would be an utter disaster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Something has to change the money Lansdown has wasted on poor managers and players must be colossal. Now he has a Manager that could do well for us he is not backing him at all. But it is the same with the Bears, no new players in the summer. Clearly he has turned the tap off, so let's hope there is someone about who can bring investment to the club. At this rate we will go down and the Bears as well, if they had relegation in their league this season 

41 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Says it all really. I want it different but no idea how. There are those that do, and those who moan from the sidelines. The moaners are at their happiest when city lose because it gives them something to moan about. 

• Confused 1