IGNORED

SL: Back him or Sack Him

westonred

Dear Steve its time for you to come out and either back NP or sack him.

In January we need to bring in at least 5 championship quality players two strikers two wingers and a Tough tackling midfielder.

We could get rid of Martin, JD, Palmer, COD, Vyner and Simpson who offer us little to maybe help to fund the signings

If NP is not allowed to shape his own squad then you might as well sack him but to find a manager with his experience who would come to BS3 is unlikely so please Steve put your hand in your deep pockets

Edited by westonred
mistake
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 2
  • Flames 1

The question should be is SL willing to back any manager ever again after the money squandered under LJ and MA.

No manager worth their salt would be willing to touch us with a 10-foot barge pole if he’s not — because the waste that’s gone before puts us at risk or breaching FFP now. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 2

I’m pretty sure he’ll back NP. But he couldn’t back him on top of how much he’d backed Johnson. It’ll come, but our cloth has to be cut accordingly. And NP has done a decent job of cutting so far. 

When we see the back of the likes of COD, Wells and Bakinson and Palmer (not that I think I’ve necessarily seen enough of the latter two) then there’ll be more room for manoeuvre. 

• Like 5

Can someone explain the obsession with wingers?

Yes, they can be great to watch. Yes we've had some corkers. Yes I'd love to see us with a Dave Smith/Mark Gavin/Bob Taylor/Robbie Turner style front line. But the game is different. We haven't set up or had the team to play with wingers for years. 
Eliasson good assist record, but a luxury that Johnson could set up to afford. Through that time we had Leko , Kent, COD , Adelukin none of which got any success. Now with a manager who's preferred set up is 4-3-3 why would we want 2 wingers when we have no money and FFP could be really dodgy.

He will back him, when he can ! 
We didn't allow all those players to leave for shits and giggles. There are a few on here who can tell you how poor the financial situation is, but if there is a chance to do something within the rules, Steve Lansdow will, as he has done with every manager.

47 minutes ago, westonred said:

We could get rid of Martin, JD, Palmer, COD, Vyner and Simpson

How ? Unless we pay up their contracts. If we have that money why not buy a ready made Prem team?
The only way players move is when someone else wants them, plus the market (at our level) is really difficult. If you offered them around I doubt we'd get enough to pay the other up. 
It would be great if football worked like that, it don't .

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, westonred said:

We could get rid of Martin, JD, Palmer, COD, Vyner and Simpson who offer us little to maybe help to fund the signings

Could we? What have you in mind? Brake pipes fail on their mini bus coming down Rownham Hill, a genetically modified virus that targets shite footballers (problem there is we might struggle to put out a side,) nerve agent sprayed on the bench? Methinks either you're the King of Salesmen, a master villain of Bondesque proportion else unable to spot the folly in your proposal.....? I think it the latter.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

OP - you need to go for a lie down.

Its not that SL won’t back NP, it’s simply that he can’t (due to FFP)……

The squad is good enough to survive this season and then NP has two more years to get us to a stage where we can start challenging for the top 6…..

Gonna be a bumpy couple of seasons but hopefully in the end, it will be worthwhile

• Like 4

1 hour ago, westonred said:

Dear Steve its time for you to come out and either back NP or sack him.

In January we need to bring in at least 5 championship quality players two strikers two wingers and a Tough tackling midfielder.

If NP is not allowed to shape his own squad then you might as well sack him but to find a manager with his experience who would come to BS3 is unlikely so please Steve put your hand in your deep pockets

We CAN'T get rid of players like Palmer - no one will buy them. That's part of why we CAN'T just go and sign 5 (quality) players in January.

Similarly, we won't be able to find a manager with NP's experience who would want to come to BS3 and work with no budget.

We've spent a few years driving the club into its current state - unfortunately it will take more than a couple of months to resolve. 

• Like 7

The thing which baffles me with the ‘Sack NP’ brigade is not only how do we do that within FFP, but who the hell are you going to replace him with?

We all wanted a proven manager with a decent track record… we’ve got that? Or is he not the right one? Who is the right one if NP isn’t?

Do we go for a young and upcoming manager with modern methods who’s doing a decent job elsewhere? Lee Johnson type perhaps? Oh, we’ve already done that and it didn’t work. Or was he the wrong one as well? 

Should we take a punt on someone unproven? Like an ex player? Oh, Dean Holden. That didn’t work. Or was he the wrong one as well? 

There’s nobody out there realistically who could come in and do a better job. I genuinely think it has to get worse before it gets better, a period of unrest whilst the deadwood goes and we almost start a fresh, and for me r Nige is the man. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Clearly no point sacking him this season unless things go really awry which they won’t. The point to get rid of him was in the summer when he’d underwhelmed at the end of last season, but now you’ve jumped into it he has to have the chance to remould the squad whilst the club sorts the mess of a structure that seemed to have been created previously. Another manager might be able to do better now tbf but they still won’t do well and if you’ve got to take a period of pain to sort the mess out, you might as well go with somebody who has been able to do similar before.

Was it Norwich the other year that were painful in Farke’s first season but selling Maddison allowed them to sort out an aging, struggling squad. Problem is you don’t have any 20m quid players to sell because you sold them all and replaced them with lots of hangers on.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

I am not saying sack him because not sure who we could get or would want to come here. 

That said, I have decided NP isn’t the right manager for us imo. We don’t set up or play like modern championship clubs. I think we are at the start of the players not buying into this anymore as well. 

For a lack of a better term, he is a dinosaur. Mick McCarthy, Chris Hughton and Nigel Pearson. Names from the past and successful in a different era of football. 

He inherited and absolute mess and it will be a mess for another season after this minimum imo. So a bit of sympathy there. That said we have watched Cooper go to Forest and turn it around quickly. We have seen Ismael go to West Brom and make them a juggernaut. Even managers like Robins at Coventry or Jones at Luton having extreme success. Maybe Forest are better off financially and West Brom sure. What about Luton and Coventry though? We are not getting all we can from this squad even as dour as it is. We have seen glimpses of quality and fight but why can’t we sustain it? Imo that is from the main man.

I am not expecting miracles but no home wins under the man and performances that are trending down are worrying signs. Not sure January is going to help much either with funds being what they are. So yea can’t really sack him and with him I worry about staying up. 

Also, so much for Dave Rennie too huh? Massengo muscle injury out basically a month. King muscle injury out for awhile. Williams muscle injury, fit for 3 games and muscle injury. Some saying Vyner injured. All clubs have injuries but still trending in a similar fashion. 

• Flames 2

52 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

The thing which baffles me with the ‘Sack NP’ brigade is not only how do we do that within FFP, but who the hell are you going to replace him with?

We all wanted a proven manager with a decent track record… we’ve got that? Or is he not the right one? Who is the right one if NP isn’t?

Do we go for a young and upcoming manager with modern methods who’s doing a decent job elsewhere? Lee Johnson type perhaps? Oh, we’ve already done that and it didn’t work. Or was he the wrong one as well? 

Should we take a punt on someone unproven? Like an ex player? Oh, Dean Holden. That didn’t work. Or was he the wrong one as well? 

There’s nobody out there realistically who could come in and do a better job. I genuinely think it has to get worse before it gets better, a period of unrest whilst the deadwood goes and we almost start a fresh, and for me r Nige is the man. 

They can have Houghton or McCarthy now as they have both done well

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I am not saying sack him because not sure who we could get or would want to come here. 

That said, I have decided NP isn’t the right manager for us imo. We don’t set up or play like modern championship clubs. I think we are at the start of the players not buying into this anymore as well. 

For a lack of a better term, he is a dinosaur. Mick McCarthy, Chris Hughton and Nigel Pearson. Names from the past and successful in a different era of football. 

He inherited and absolute mess and it will be a mess for another season after this minimum imo. So a bit of sympathy there. That said we have watched Cooper go to Forest and turn it around quickly. We have seen Ismael go to West Brom and make them a juggernaut. Even managers like Robins at Coventry or Jones at Luton having extreme success. Maybe Forest are better off financially and West Brom sure. What about Luton and Coventry though? We are not getting all we can from this squad even as dour as it is. We have seen glimpses of quality and fight but why can’t we sustain it? Imo that is from the main man.

I am not expecting miracles but no home wins under the man and performances that are trending down are worrying signs. Not sure January is going to help much either with funds being what they are. So yea can’t really sack him and with him I worry about staying up. 

Also, so much for Dave Rennie too huh? Massengo muscle injury out basically a month. King muscle injury out for awhile. Williams muscle injury, fit for 3 games and muscle injury. Some saying Vyner injured. All clubs have injuries but still trending in a similar fashion. 

That’s that then. 

• Haha 2