Jump to content
IGNORED

Today


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Lose to Barnsley and unless there is significant support for NP in the January window and I think there is a very good chance of relegation. 

Yes my feelings going this way . Jan not easy to get who you want at a good price and what you get in Jan you paying too much for 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thing about any transfer window with us is that we never actually build upon the best we have.  We usually end up selling our prize assets to strengthen elsewhere in the team, thereby leaving another weakened position. To get a top striker in Jan we will probably  have to lose HNM which will weaken the engine room. Time to change the approach and speculate to accumulate.  Easy to say though as its not my money.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EmissionImpossible said:

You can probably look in the match day thread.

I’d give it a miss if I were you. It’s normally posters calling each other ****** ***** randomly. 

Poster 1 “You are a ***”

Poster 2 “Yeah, well you are an even bigger ***”

 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

scott parker complimetary after doing huddersfield 3-0 today. saw us as a tough game apparently even though we so say didnt really turn up for that one either

 

Bournemouth boss Scott Parker told BBC Radio Solent:

"2-0 is always a precarious position, especially when you're dominating like we were. We were superb in the first half with two goals, but we've been in this position a few times and probably needed the third to kill the game off.

"I thought again today we were very, very good, well worthy of the three points.

"I was really impressed with us, I thought in the second-half we were a bit slow out of the blocks but this has been a monster week for us, with two tough away games at Bristol City and Stoke.

"We were relentless and it was a very good performance."

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

scott parker complimetary after doing huddersfield 3-0 today. saw us as a tough game apparently even though we so say didnt really turn up for that one either

 

Bournemouth boss Scott Parker told BBC Radio Solent:

"2-0 is always a precarious position, especially when you're dominating like we were. We were superb in the first half with two goals, but we've been in this position a few times and probably needed the third to kill the game off.

"I thought again today we were very, very good, well worthy of the three points.

"I was really impressed with us, I thought in the second-half we were a bit slow out of the blocks but this has been a monster week for us, with two tough away games at Bristol City and Stoke.

"We were relentless and it was a very good performance."

At what point have you ever heard a manager say ‘well we had a piss easy game against x team because they’re shite no wonder we won this one’?

Edited by RumRed
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, RumRed said:

At what point have you ever heard a manager say ‘well we had a piss easy game against x team because they’re shite no wonder we won this one’?

They don’t, but he wouldn’t have mentioned us instead 

edit - for some reason I was referring to the Fulham match, must have thought he was still manager there (I blame Henry Weston)

 

Edited by Rossi the Robin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

Just improvement, top half finish, maybe challenge for play offs.

Otherwise what was the point in sacking the previous manager?

We are not going to get anywhere near the play offs for at least 3 seasons even if it goes well with NP. We are on a rebuild . We are pretty crap at mo 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

scott parker complimetary after doing huddersfield 3-0 today. saw us as a tough game apparently even though we so say didnt really turn up for that one either

 

Bournemouth boss Scott Parker told BBC Radio Solent:

"2-0 is always a precarious position, especially when you're dominating like we were. We were superb in the first half with two goals, but we've been in this position a few times and probably needed the third to kill the game off.

"I thought again today we were very, very good, well worthy of the three points.

"I was really impressed with us, I thought in the second-half we were a bit slow out of the blocks but this has been a monster week for us, with two tough away games at Bristol City and Stoke.

"We were relentless and it was a very good performance."

Scot Parker means Bristol City were utter pants garbage pathetic capitulators that couldn’t win a match against Forest Green Rovers. But in order to make us sound good Bristol City were a difficult away game! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Smokey said:

What did you expect under NP?

 

For me and given his experience I would have expected at the very least

Some kind of identity to our play, players mentally stronger, some leaders on the pitch. 
 

it has been a little better than Holden but I still see none of the above. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

For me and given his experience I would have expected at the very least

Some kind of identity to our play, players mentally stronger, some leaders on the pitch. 
 

it has been a little better than Holden but I still see none of the above. 

McCarthy, Hughton, Pearson. Maybe experience is an over-rated quality.

  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

Lose the next 2 then a tricky trip to Coventry. We will be in a relegation battle which is not what I expected under NP.

People can be glass half full or half empty. If we win against Barnsley and draw away to Birmingham we’ll be in a comfortable mid table position. Barnsley’s form over the last six games has been even worse than City’s and Birmingham only slightly better

(By comfortable, I mean from a points perspective, not the quality of the performances)

Edited by pongo88
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...