IGNORED

Next 10 games

Bar BS3

OK, so we've, expectedly come up (very) short, against 2 of the divisions top sides in the last 3 games. 

Easy to get downbeat after out abject surrender in those 2 defeats - but what option do we have other than to move on. 

Now I'll fully admit that I'm unconvinced by NP being the messiah that some have him down as, but have been praying to be proved wrong (certainly not happened yet) 

Now... The next 10 games are against far more typically average championship teams - we simply have to be seen to compete effectively, returning at least a suitable points return from them. 

If we can't look back on the upcoming 10 games, with at least another 15 points on the board from them, then I think the "experienced manager" that so many craved, will have proven to have been no real improvement on where we were beforehand, or at least certainly not on LJ (I agree his time was up come the end) 

It's going to be an interesting next few weeks, where we simply have to look like we can compete - otherwise it's going to start looking very concerning, imo. 

• Like 1

Think next weekend is massive now to be honest, in fact it is must win (and win well). We are still a way off the Pearson out nonsense that is starting to be spouted but the mood around the place needs a lift after the last three games especially after the crazy 60 seconds against Forest and performances have dropped off since the international break where it looked like we were really heading in the right direction again.

• Like 2

Yeh @1960maaan posted an interesting snip that showed we've had one of the toughest, if not the toughest, start based on the current table.

I joked that I therefore await our 10 game winning run, but we would reasonably expect to get a bit more time on the ball, and a little more space, in the next run of games.

There's no guarantees of course, and we'll need to show more fight than we did today, but I think we'll get more than 1 point per game.

Lots of shit had gone down over the last couple of months, but I’ll be reserving a deeper judgement until this next block of 10 is done.

I thought 15-12th with signs of the infrastructure behind the scenes changing would be a success for the season.

Let’s see if we’re on course for that ?

• Like 1

We've had a tough week but we have played 2 teams that will probably be PL next season and another (Forest) who I think will end up in the top 6, I thought at the best we would get 2 points from the last 3 games, looking at the next 10 struggling to see where we can pick up wins, Barnsley home is massive in my opinion, if we fail to win that game we could be in serious trouble and the knives will certainly be out.

Beating Barnsley would put these three defeats behind us and create a new dynamic going into games against our fellow mid-table battlers.

A draw would at least give us another point towards 50.

But to lose...that would be a hammer blow both to the confidence of the squad, and to the faith that fans have in the current project and there would be boos and groans echoing around Ashton Gate.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

To quote the OP “at least” 15 points from the next 10 seems a tough ask, that’s top eight to ten form & we’re not that.

However if you look at the points we’ve gained, against the likes of Peterborough, Cardiff, Blackpool & Preston, it does make the games v Barnsley, Hull, Birmingham & Derby vital ones for us.

If you then add in a Buster Douglas punch, so an unexpected win somewhere then we’re back on track.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, daored said:

Barnsley currently 2-0 down to Sheffield United - reports are if they lose today their manager will be sacked. Just in time for Saturday 

I hate it when that happens and the best case scenario is that a caretaker takes over but doesn't have the kind of impact that a new manager would have. Caretakers don't always get the bounce like new managers do (or seems to).

Got to be looking at getting a win and a good performance on Saturday. Play like they did for the large spells at Forest and we should pick up 3 points. You just hope and pray for Nige’s sake that they don’t put in an abject performance and lose, I think even the most patient amongst us would start to have some doubts then imo.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mozo said:

there would be boos and groans echoing around Ashton Gate

Finally making some noise.

How I miss the East End and old Tony Harling bellowing out his devoted support for the cause.

We have missed a big element in our favour by not grouping the singers behind a goal.

Add in the well known West Country reserve and sitting down to sing this has killed the atmosphere in the ground. Although we are not alone.