IGNORED

Post Match Interview

Ivorguy

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

NP’s interview was, as usual,realistic.  He looked very fed up, as well he might.

I like the way he faces us to the reality.

The next task is for him to raise the players’ game.  I wish him well and certainly don’t envy him.  We can’t expect him to make silk purses out of sows’ ears overnight.  I just hope he doesn’t get so fed up that he walks.

Out of likes but good, sensible post and calls it as I see it too. ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

NP’s interview was, as usual,realistic.  He looked very fed up, as well he might.

The next task is for him to raise the players’ game.  I wish him well and certainly don’t envy him.  We can’t expect him to make silk purses out of sows’ ears overnight.  I just hope he doesn’t get so fed up that he walks.

His players were low on confidence and clearly didn’t believe they could get anything out today. That’s on him though. You call them sows ears but they are better players than they showed today. 

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Ivor, do you mean fed up with his inability to motivate or organise the team? If so, I would have thought him walking away would be perfect - we wouldn’t have to pay him off. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Won't bother listening to his empty words. 

I don’t know enough about football at this level really, but if we parted ways in Monday who would you recommend take over and rebuild follow the mistakes of Ashton and Lansdown?

Also what would they do with this squad given the FFP time bomb created by the club?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I don’t know enough about football at this level really, but if we parted ways in Monday who would you recommend take over and rebuild follow the mistakes of Ashton and Lansdown?

Also what would they do with this squad given the FFP time bomb created by the club?

That’s not his question to answer. You just come on here, ask for someone to be sacked (paid for by the Owner in effect) and you don’t have to have a clue who is out there that not only could do a better job but would actually come here after they’ve picked themselves up off the floor from their laughing fit.

Or you just appoint Mike Flynn, that will sort things out soon enough.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

15 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That’s not his question to answer. You just come on here, ask for someone to be sacked (paid for by the Owner in effect) and you don’t have to have a clue who is out there that not only could do a better job but would actually come here after they’ve picked themselves up off the floor from their laughing fit.

Or you just appoint Mike Flynn, that will sort things out soon enough.

What is your obsession with me finding his replacement

• Sad 1

I was pretty underwhelmed to be honest. Saying similar things after Bournemouth and Forest. Everything he said we know. 

What I don’t get is he talked about passengers after last match. Made 1 change to the XI taking out the Man of the Match and goalscorer alex scott. Sure was Massengo but could someone else not been dropped? Weimann looking very much like a passenger since QPR away. 

Then starts Tanner and Massengo. Has Scott and Bell on the bench against West Brom who we expect to be a tough match. Then proceeds to say he didn’t want to expose young players too much. Basically made Tanner a scapegoat today when everyone was shit. Then brought on Danny Simpson who can’t run who the proceeded to make the same mistake Tanner did. 

Pearson is just flat out getting in wrong lately. Matty James can’t play in a 2 in the championship. In general we don’t really have good enough CMs to do this with any combination. Maybe Massengo and Williams but not sure we’ll ever see that. Then playing Weimann behind the strikers. He struggles with the ball at his feet but was asked to be the link between midfield and attack. He runs a lot. Ok how much has that helped the last 3 games? Baker and Dasilva don’t look right next to each other in the 5. Dasilva also never sprints, rarely puts his body on the line and generally looks a shell of the player he was pre shin injuries. Makes the left side very slow. We continue to have no plan of how to start an attack outside lump it up to Martin no matter what. Their 6’5 cbs won 98% of the aerial duels.

I just can’t see any plan. Making loads of changes for the sake of it now. I see someone struggling for solutions and slowly the players losing patience. His answers today were box standard say we weren’t good enough. Too many individuals didn’t show up. No shit! It was 3-0 and could have been 5 or 6. Things are starting to crumble and I’d have to see a hell of a performance next weekend to say I am wrong. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

He was realistic. And i like the fact he never tries to make out we were in it like some managers do. But it also feels too resigned to losing today so despite the Tanner sub offering a bit of if you don't perform you are coming off it felt a bit pointless doing it. 

But maybe it was a case, he's young and inexperienced at this level saw him struggling a bit so just wanted to shield him from some of the worst of it as he sees him as main RB going forward for now.

I think the players were completely deflated from Tuesday. I think had we won we would definitely have given a better showing today, not to the point where we may have felt like we had a chance of winning but just a better performance. It was really poor today. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

What is your obsession with wanting someone sacked when you know the guy in charge isn’t paying for it and you have no idea who is available anyway?

You are just spouting hot air, empty words if you like.

Becuase he is awful at his job and is making the club worse. It's not spouting hot air it's a football forum.

Are you saying no one can say they want a player / manager / employee out of the club without finding a cost effective and available replacement?

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

We’re skint in terms of FFFP and it ain’t happening so you might have to find an alternative hobby on a Saturday.

So you think if this run continues we won't sack Pearson becuase we can't afford it? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

My concern is that the squad is so poor as a whole I just don’t another manager doing anything different.

I was looking at Forest on Tuesday and thinking despite their form prior to Cooper the squad still had Grabban, Johnson, Pumpernickel and Taylor on the bench. Something to work with.

• Like 2

Just now, BasSavage88 said:

Becuase he is awful at his job and is making the club worse. It's not spouting hot air it's a football forum.

Are you saying no one can say they want a player / manager / employee out of the club without finding a cost effective and available replacement?

Of course they can but it just gets a bit repetitive with you tbh. What does he do that makes him so awful at his job? You don’t consider the restraints that the Owner has put in place and you don’t consider who is both available and could do a better job. You don’t consider that the owner has effectively given Pearson three years to sort the club out and you want him gone three months into the season.

You don’t consider much tbh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

His players were low on confidence and clearly didn’t believe they could get anything out today. That’s on him though. You call them sows ears but they are better players than they showed today. 

What evidence can you offer to back up that they’re better players than they showed today? Many of them have seen off LJ and Holden already. 

Bentley’s been guilty of making as many costly individual errors as top saves recently

Tanner’s fresh out of L2 (and been a real positive)

Baker’s been knocked out cold

Atkinson’s had the virus and is learning his trade at this level 

Kalas and Dasilva should both be doing better

James is solid if unspectacular 

Massengo is learning his trade, got physically bossed today

Weimann and Martin haven’t been at the races in a while

Wells is starved of service

COD, Vyner, Bakinson, Palmer, Moore — either nowhere near consistent or good enough to make it at this level. 

That looks like a sow’s ear/rabble to me. The legacy of wasting the proceeds from selling the family silver. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

So you think if this run continues we won't sack Pearson becuase we can't afford it? 

I get that you don’t rate Pearson and want somebody else.

I just think it’s not that simple.

I think Lansdown and Ashton have created a much deeper problem and I honestly have little faith anyone could sort it out.

Lets see where we are after 20 games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tin said:

What evidence can you offer to back up that they’re better players than they showed today? Many of them have seen off LJ and Holden already. 

Bentley’s been guilty of making as many costly individual errors as top saves recently

Tanner’s fresh out of L2 (and been a real positive)

Baker’s been knocked out cold

Atkinson’s had the virus and is learning his trade at this level 

Kalas and Dasilva should both be doing better

James is solid if unspectacular 

Massengo is learning his trade, got physically bossed today

Weimann and Martin haven’t been at the races in a while

Wells is starved of service

COD, Vyner, Bakinson, Palmer, Moore — either nowhere near consistent or good enough to make it at this level. 

That looks like a sow’s ear/rabble to me. The legacy of wasting the proceeds from selling the family silver. 

They are all better than they showed today.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Of course they can but it just gets a bit repetitive with you tbh. What does he do that makes him so awful at his job? You don’t consider the restraints that the Owner has put in place and you don’t consider who is both available and could do a better job. You don’t consider that the owner has effectively given Pearson three years to sort the club out and you want him gone three months into the season.

You don’t consider much tbh.

He's been here 10 months. In that time he hasn't won a home match that in itself should be enough to get a manager sacked let alone all the other mistakes he seems to make on a regular basis. 

But you know what we can all keep talking about restraints and multiple previous managers and former CEOs until the cows cows come home but at this moment this so called good manager is doing nothing to show a single shred of improvement

Edited by BasSavage88
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I get that you don’t rate Pearson and want somebody else.

I just think it’s not that simple.

I think Lansdown and Ashton have created a much deeper problem and I honestly have little faith anyone could sort it out.

Lets see where we are after 20 games.

Absolutely, an Owner who wanted to take a back seat has literally let a couple of bullshitters ruin the club in the short to medium term and had the ******* cheek to tell supporters who could see it all unraveling that they were talking shite.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1