IGNORED

Post Match Interview

Ivorguy

22 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Absolutely, an Owner who wanted to take a back seat has literally let a couple of bullshitters ruin the club in the short to medium term and had the ******* cheek to tell supporters who could see it all unraveling that they were talking shite.

It’s his club and his company who kindly let us use its facilities.

That interview really annoyed me.

Anyway, as my mate said today, it’s done, the past is simply that.

Lets hope we hang on in there this year ?

Edited by 054123
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I will talk about the previous CEO until the cows come home as it’s that bastard that has ruined this club for the foreseeable future. You can keep Pearson, sack Pearson do whatever but this is a long term fix and people had better get their heads round that.

This. When CEO's ruin things they ruin things for a long time.

Players can ruin a games, Managers can ruin a season, C level execs ruin things for years, owners can ruin things for decades.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, nellie said:

We are a major rebuild project in terms of being a football club (if we are still one?) what cant people understand ?

We can’t understand how we aren’t able to press teams into mistakes. We can’t understand why we aren’t winning 50/50 balls. These are the basics we were told would be better this season. Reckon only the case in maybe half the games this season. 

2000 fans at West Brom will tell you how it is. Chants of you don’t know what you’re doing. You’re not fit to wear the shirt. We’re ******* shit. Then going into songs for players like Diedhiou, Freeman and Bobby Reid. That team out there today weren’t a team to be proud of and I think that is the bare minimum we are asking but we just are not getting. We lose 3-0 today while being aggressive and trying to make life difficult so be it. Instead we had 15 players who mostly didn’t know what they were doing. It wasn’t just a loss it was an embarrassment. No pride and no fight. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

We can’t understand how we aren’t able to press teams into mistakes. We can’t understand why we aren’t winning 50/50 balls. These are the basics we were told would be better this season. Reckon only the case in maybe half the games this season. 

2000 fans at West Brom will tell you how it is. Chants of you don’t know what you’re doing. You’re not fit to wear the shirt. We’re ******* shit. Then going into songs for players like Diedhiou, Freeman and Bobby Reid. That team out there today weren’t a team to be proud of and I think that is the bare minimum we are asking but we just are not getting. We lose 3-0 today while being aggressive and trying to make life difficult so be it. Instead we had 15 players who mostly didn’t know what they were doing. It wasn’t just a loss it was an embarrassment. No pride and no fight. 

Because the previous regime left us up a creek without a paddle with a squad that is mainly shit   

Edited by nellie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nellie said:

Because the previous regime left us up a creek without a paddle with a squad that is mainly shit   

Yes I get that. What I am saying is today wasn’t a talent issue. It was an effort issue. Talent wise we aren’t close to West Brom. No shame in losing away to West Brom.

The shame was the lack of effort and energy. There didn’t seem to be a game plan. Players looked lost. Not sure we won one second ball. We were second in every department. That isn’t good enough. It is a feeling of players not buying what NP and co are instructing. 

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

NP’s interview was, as usual,realistic.  He looked very fed up, as well he might.

I like the way he faces us to the reality.

The next task is for him to raise the players’ game.  I wish him well and certainly don’t envy him.  We can’t expect him to make silk purses out of sows’ ears overnight.  I just hope he doesn’t get so fed up that he walks.

Pearson has brought in 5 players of his choice which should have been enough to make that team better......basically they haven't improved the team enough and some might say, not at all. 

He should have brought in a forward but didn't and he has persevered with two average ones.

Plus with his managerial experience, he should have been able to improve some of the players we already had but he hasn't.

He has frankly been very disappointing as a manager. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

Pearson has brought in 5 players of his choice which should have been enough to make that team better......basically they haven't improved the team enough and some might say, not at all. 

He should have brought in a forward but didn't and he has persevered with two average ones.

Plus with his managerial experience, he should have been able to improve some of the players we already had but he hasn't.

those 5 players were to try help us stay up and give us some sell one value going forward 

Just now, Top Robin said:

Yes and another issue is why he was so against a loan. As you say, a forward was needed. Loan is a decent option to have for a short term target. Like staying up for example. 

5 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I think Tanner, Atkinson, and James have all made the team better. Tanner and Atkinson are just the type of player I'd like us to be signing, and James is a better quality than we're used to imo.

I'd say Massengo has markedly improved since Pearson has been here.

I agree it's disappointing we haven't brought in a forward, but I'd also rather we concentrated on being solid before that - whether that's happened or not is another discussion, but I think it's the right approach. We weren't going to challenge at the right end of the table this year, and that's what a forward can do you for you.

I'd be interested who or what you'd have sacrificed for that forward?

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes and another issue is why he was so against a loan. As you say, a forward was needed. Loan is a decent option to have for a short term target. Like staying up for example. 

Any names you can think of?

I think he fully intended having Conway around the squad this season but he’s been injured.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Any names you can think of?

I think he fully intended having Conway around the squad this season but he’s been injured.

I can name players but idk who was available. The club would have agents, loan managers or academy managers they could contact and get a list I am sure. 

I like Conway a lot and think he will be a good player. Big ask though to rely on his form keeping us up though. Bit negligent saying we have enough goals in Wells, Weimann, Martin and Conway isn’t it? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

People expecting us to press away at West Brom ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

His players were low on confidence and clearly didn’t believe they could get anything out today. That’s on him though. You call them sows ears but they are better players than they showed today. 

Absolutely.

Not many keen to take up seats on that bus under this manager sadly.

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

He will never walk as that means forgoing the pay off from the 2.5 year period left on his contract if he were fired or left my mutual consent

It will be the later.

15 minutes ago, David Brent said:

People expecting us to press away at West Brom ?

Yes, yes, yes.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I was pretty underwhelmed to be honest. Saying similar things after Bournemouth and Forest. Everything he said we know. 

What I don’t get is he talked about passengers after last match. Made 1 change to the XI taking out the Man of the Match and goalscorer alex scott. Sure was Massengo but could someone else not been dropped? Weimann looking very much like a passenger since QPR away. 

Then starts Tanner and Massengo. Has Scott and Bell on the bench against West Brom who we expect to be a tough match. Then proceeds to say he didn’t want to expose young players too much. Basically made Tanner a scapegoat today when everyone was shit. Then brought on Danny Simpson who can’t run who the proceeded to make the same mistake Tanner did. 

Pearson is just flat out getting in wrong lately. Matty James can’t play in a 2 in the championship. In general we don’t really have good enough CMs to do this with any combination. Maybe Massengo and Williams but not sure we’ll ever see that. Then playing Weimann behind the strikers. He struggles with the ball at his feet but was asked to be the link between midfield and attack. He runs a lot. Ok how much has that helped the last 3 games? Baker and Dasilva don’t look right next to each other in the 5. Dasilva also never sprints, rarely puts his body on the line and generally looks a shell of the player he was pre shin injuries. Makes the left side very slow. We continue to have no plan of how to start an attack outside lump it up to Martin no matter what. Their 6’5 cbs won 98% of the aerial duels.

I just can’t see any plan. Making loads of changes for the sake of it now. I see someone struggling for solutions and slowly the players losing patience. His answers today were box standard say we weren’t good enough. Too many individuals didn’t show up. No shit! It was 3-0 and could have been 5 or 6. Things are starting to crumble and I’d have to see a hell of a performance next weekend to say I am wrong. 

I agree with you.

I struggle to see what our plan is. I get the impression that NP has a style that he’s determined to stick too, although I’m not really sure what it is, and I’m not sure the players know either. Or at least, if they do, it’s not one that they are comfortable with. 

You can’t go on forever blaming the legacy NP has inherited. There are some good players in our squad. All managers inherit the previous managers players and have to live with it for several years (in most cases throughout their tenure).

They have to make the best use of the players they’ve got. Set up to their strengths. We don’t seem to be doing that. We’re trying to play to a pattern and a style that doesn’t suit most of our players.

Our lumping it up to Martin is, as you say, depressingly routine and depressingly ineffective. There was a spell against Forest when we had Weimann and Wells up front, Scott behind. We actually played it on the deck, we moved and created spaces, we gave Forest something to think about. I’d like to see us set up like that. And arguably that would have been more effective against the giants in the WBA defence.

I’ve  not been a great Wells fan, but I thought he had a good second half today, found spaces, made good runs, gave defenders a problem on the ground. But he has precious little support, and no-one else playing off that space.

As someone who was there, I was surprised by the Tanner sub. I didn’t think he was any worse than others, and bringing on someone who’s hardly had a game all season seemed odd. 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

He did. Basically said that Tanner started the game very poorly and that was his decision whether people agree with it or not.

1 hour ago, nellie said:

and he is correct 

Tanner was playing poorly, in addition to which he had just made a horrendous back pass: he is also very young and, at this level, extremely inexperienced.

NP replaced Riley Towler to protect him, and I see nothing different in today’s decision regarding GT.

Neither RT nor GR are poor players; on the contrary, and I hope very much they will prove to be the mainstay of our defence in the next few years.

Why would you risk their long term confidence leaving them on the pitch at such a young age?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

I don’t know enough about football at this level really, but if we parted ways in Monday who would you recommend take over and rebuild follow the mistakes of Ashton and Lansdown?

Chris Hughton was high on the OTIB list a while ago!

As was Mick McCarthy!

?

Edited by Redtucks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I agree with you.

I struggle to see what our plan is. I get the impression that NP has a style that he’s determined to stick too, although I’m not really sure what it is, and I’m not sure the players know either. Or at least, if they do, it’s not one that they are comfortable with. 

You can’t go on forever blaming the legacy NP has inherited. There are some good players in our squad. All managers inherit the previous managers players and have to live with it for several years (in most cases throughout their tenure).

They have to make the best use of the players they’ve got. Set up to their strengths. We don’t seem to be doing that. We’re trying to play to a pattern and a style that doesn’t suit most of our players.

Our lumping it up to Martin is, as you say, depressingly routine and depressingly ineffective. There was a spell against Forest when we had Weimann and Wells up front, Scott behind. We actually played it on the deck, we moved and created spaces, we gave Forest something to think about. I’d like to see us set up like that. And arguably that would have been more effective against the giants in the WBA defence.

I’ve  not been a great Wells fan, but I thought he had a good second half today, found spaces, made good runs, gave defenders a problem on the ground. But he has precious little support, and no-one else playing off that space.

As someone who was there, I was surprised by the Tanner sub. I didn’t think he was any worse than others, and bringing on someone who’s hardly had a game all season seemed odd. 

Yep I was there too and your post is 100% how I feel about everything. Horrible day, odd decisions and maybe a couple small positives like Wells. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Brilliant 

My friend, you are a pest on here. You contribute nothing and find yourself mildly amusing.

Be constructive, offer football opinion, suggest improvement options, or just do not bother.

Ironically you are about as effective as the player in the profile name you chose. Largely meaningless and a figure of ridicule.

• Flames 2

Just now, TomThumb84 said:

My friend, you are a pest on here. You contribute nothing and find yourself mildly amusing.

Be constructive, offer football opinion, suggest improvement options, or just do not bother.

Ironically you are about as effective as the player in the profile name you chose. Largely meaningless and a figure of ridicule.

What the **** is there to be constructive about? Pearson isn't the man for this job but id be happy to be proven wrong.

I don't want and or need to be constructive as I don't think Pearson can or will improve 

• Sad 1