IGNORED

Post Match Interview

Ivorguy

13 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Maybe he thinks you are on the board of the club or in some advisory capacity? 

chris wilder is the obvious name that we should have gone for.

Chris “£4m compensation to Sheffield Utd” Wilder?  That one?  Come on!!!

12 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes but those are top loan prices. Some clubs are interested in their players getting better or just getting a portion of wages off their books. Look at Reading for example. They aren’t paying anywhere close to what some of their loan players make at their parent club. 

Money aside, because we all know it is an issue, it was weird to have that stance throughout the window. We have one objective and it is to stay up. So to say you won’t sign loan players that could help you achieve that is a bit confusing to me. There is clearly a bit of wiggle room or we would not have signed Tanner. 

Proof that Ashton was not a great negotiator….got to be able to negotiate both ways to be a good negotiator.

Tbh, the Reading stuff sounds dodgy!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, italian dave said:

It was a joke. I actually agreed with your post. We clearly don’t share the same sense of humour. 

I have a very good sense of humour but I’m not in a good mood . I’m not having a pop at you personally . I’m pissed off with fans ( not aimed at you) having a go at NP , some laughably saying he should be sacked. However hardly anyone pointing the finger at Lansdown just because he’s rebuilt the ground & HPC. The reason we’re in this mess is because of his lack of football knowledge. 
glad I got that off my chest ??

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

13 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Maybe he thinks you are on the board of the club or in some advisory capacity? 

chris wilder is the obvious name that we should have gone for.

And what would he have done with this squad ? The players ain’t good enough. Stop blaming the manager & point the finger at the real problem 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I have a very good sense of humour but I’m not in a good mood . I’m not having a pop at you personally . I’m pissed off with fans ( not aimed at you) having a go at NP , some laughably saying he should be sacked. However hardly anyone pointing the finger at Lansdown just because he’s rebuilt the ground & HPC. The reason we’re in this mess is because of his lack of football knowledge. 
glad I got that off my chest ??

No worries. I know how you feel. I think I got it out of my system on the drive home yesterday. I’ve moved into the ‘you’ve got to laugh or you’d cry’ phase this morning! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Proof that Ashton was not a great negotiator….got to be able to negotiate both ways to be a good negotiator.

Tbh, the Reading stuff sounds dodgy!!!

Very dodgy at Reading but better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission possibly? See what happens with them. Tbf we could not cope with a points deduction whatsoever so not really suggesting breaking rules. But instead asking could we not pitch ourselves as a good place to grow for a decent young player and therefore forgoing much of a loan fee/wages. Does not have to be a top player from Chelsea or liverpool. Could be a young player from say a Watford or Brighton where a decent season in the championship could help their first team or give them a decent asset. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, italian dave said:

No worries. I know how you feel. I think I got it out of my system on the drive home yesterday. I’ve moved into the ‘you’ve got to laugh or you’d cry’ phase this morning! 

As I said . Pissed off with some of our fans unrealistic demands. I understand where we are as a squad. Just good enough to stay in this league. There’s 5 players I’d love to get rid of now. I don’t know how NP watches their ineptitude & stays calm in interviews , not naming & shaming them . I’m glad he doesn’t but for the life of me , some of them have won the lottery in terms of wages & the league they’re in . But let’s blame the manager because players can’t pass a ball ten yards & are football intelligently as thick as a whale omelette  

• Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Very dodgy at Reading but better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission possibly? See what happens with them. Tbf we could not cope with a points deduction whatsoever so not really suggesting breaking rules. But instead asking could we not pitch ourselves as a good place to grow for a decent young player and therefore forgoing much of a loan fee/wages. Does not have to be a top player from Chelsea or liverpool. Could be a young player from say a Watford or Brighton where a decent season in the championship could help their first team or give them a decent asset. 

I’m sure there are loan options out there.  The big question is finding one that will get enough minutes ahead of Weimann, Martin, Wells and maybe Semenyo, and therefore better than Conway / Bell too.  Maybe they come at a premium and with clauses???

• Like 2

16 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I was pretty underwhelmed to be honest. Saying similar things after Bournemouth and Forest. Everything he said we know. 

What I don’t get is he talked about passengers after last match. Made 1 change to the XI taking out the Man of the Match and goalscorer alex scott. Sure was Massengo but could someone else not been dropped? Weimann looking very much like a passenger since QPR away. 

Then starts Tanner and Massengo. Has Scott and Bell on the bench against West Brom who we expect to be a tough match. Then proceeds to say he didn’t want to expose young players too much. Basically made Tanner a scapegoat today when everyone was shit. Then brought on Danny Simpson who can’t run who the proceeded to make the same mistake Tanner did. 

Pearson is just flat out getting in wrong lately. Matty James can’t play in a 2 in the championship. In general we don’t really have good enough CMs to do this with any combination. Maybe Massengo and Williams but not sure we’ll ever see that. Then playing Weimann behind the strikers. He struggles with the ball at his feet but was asked to be the link between midfield and attack. He runs a lot. Ok how much has that helped the last 3 games? Baker and Dasilva don’t look right next to each other in the 5. Dasilva also never sprints, rarely puts his body on the line and generally looks a shell of the player he was pre shin injuries. Makes the left side very slow. We continue to have no plan of how to start an attack outside lump it up to Martin no matter what. Their 6’5 cbs won 98% of the aerial duels.

I just can’t see any plan. Making loads of changes for the sake of it now. I see someone struggling for solutions and slowly the players losing patience. His answers today were box standard say we weren’t good enough. Too many individuals didn’t show up. No shit! It was 3-0 and could have been 5 or 6. Things are starting to crumble and I’d have to see a hell of a performance next weekend to say I am wrong. 

Stop blaming the manager he cant come up with new solutions when the players are so average.. It's a massive overall that's needed, This season was always going to be poor what are you expecting exactly? Stop blaming Pearson for the utter incompetent management before.. We spent 8 million on a bang average centre half that spent nearly all his time at Chelsea in the reserves and nobody was prepared to sign him why? Same with Palmer same with Dasilva all three of those players are average and at a high cost. We can talk formations and who's best in what position but in truth it does'nt matter what you play these players that have been signed before won't produce on a consistent basis. Things are starting to happen coaching staff leaving from previous Pearson needs time but he needs the backing to get the squad where it needs to be. At minute it's all he's got!! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

And what would he have done with this squad ? The players ain’t good enough. Stop blaming the manager & point the finger at the real problem 

He signed king, james, atkinson, tanner, simpson plus renewed weimann and baker which was presumably at least partially his decision. 6 of them played yesterday and we were a shambles. 

we ought to have enough quality in the rest of the players to at least try to compete and have some desire, that should be the least we should expect from a pearson team, we know he aint guardiola, but he cant even get them to do that.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Have you had sight of his contract at sheffield united to verify this? The only 4 million figure ive seen is a press report claiming he may or may not have asked for that as a severence when he left them, not that sheffield united will demand that as a compensation payment

1 hour ago, Street red said:

Stop blaming the manager he cant come up with new solutions when the players are so average.. It's a massive overall that's needed, This season was always going to be poor what are you expecting exactly? Stop blaming Pearson for the utter incompetent management before.. We spent 8 million on a bang average centre half that spent nearly all his time at Chelsea in the reserves and nobody was prepared to sign him why? Same with Palmer same with Dasilva all three of those players are average and at a high cost. We can talk formations and who's best in what position but in truth it does'nt matter what you play these players that have been signed before won't produce on a consistent basis. Things are starting to happen coaching staff leaving from previous Pearson needs time but he needs the backing to get the squad where it needs to be. At minute it's all he's got!! 

He signed or resigned 5 of the starting XI yesterday. He has an 8m CB that he consistently praises. He has what most would consider a top 6 keeper in the league. He has one of the most exciting young midfielders in the division. Performances and results little to not at all better than end of last season. 

We need to stop making excuses. We need solutions or relegation is on the cards. The players are just not responding to him since we come back from the break. We could have lost 3 hard fought encounters against the sides we have played and I’d be positive. Looks like players have given up on him already and it is worrying. 

For the record I am pro NP. Just think perhaps his time is up tactically from a touchline perspective. I could be on board with him being director of football and organising this club from the top. On a match day though I have lost faith he can turn us into a remotely successful side. 

15 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Have you had sight of his contract at sheffield united to verify this? The only 4 million figure ive seen is a press report claiming he may or may not have asked for that as a severence when he left them, not that sheffield united will demand that as a compensation payment

That severance payment would likely be based on the understanding that he doesn't get another job for X number of months. If he did take another job before that time expired, then he, or more accurately his new club on his behalf, would have to partially reimburse Sheff Utd.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Agree. Look at some of the teams doing better than us. 

Coventry - 4th. Lost 3 of their best players in the summer as they were there on loan. Didn't spend much bringing in new players. 

Luton - 5th. Tiny budget. Lost players, brought in some average free transfers. 

Huddersfield - 8th. Mainly a pretty average bunch of players.

Blackpool - 11th. Worse squad of players than ours.

Derby - Should be higher than us at 15th. Rooney made them hard to beat and having players in their mid to late 30s playing for them.

And I think we should have less points than we do if we look at performances, which is my problem more than how many points we have. We will only go further down the table playing like this.

Pearson decided on what 7 players he wanted to give contracts to in the summer, new sighings or given new deals. He said he was happy with the squad, and that signing a striker to improve us would cost millions. So he must rate the strikers he has.

Hardly going to come out and say squads shite is he?

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

The reaction of some fans at the game and on here is more disturbing than the lack of team performance. To suggest we really do have a great squad and it is underperforming is naive in extreme. We are currently looking at a squad created by Ashton with some input from LJ. It is miles off the required standard. Could and should NP be doing better, maybe, but anyone, and I mean anyone comimg into BCFC would be looking at a relegation battle. yet our fans are not supporting the club. The away support yesterday was the disgraceful. In my life of following our club I have never witnessed such away support, or lack of support. Let Pearson leave, go on. Because the reality is not being faced up to , we have a small and poor squad that has zero confidence. So the idea that taking the p155 out of them as "support" is quite frankly as big a disgrace as the on field results. It is time for big balls and patience and genuine support, because the mess Ashton created was a long time coming, was seen by a few, but the majority seemingly are still oblivious to the hard reality. This is not an overnight fix.  We are in a fight, and supporters, and I use that term loosely right now, need to step up as much as the team do. 

I wasn’t there yesterday but come on the last people that need to be blamed is the fans, a sold out away following deserves a better performance than what was dished up yesterday. The 6th best home attendance in the division aswell, we deserve better and to be honest why the **** shouldn’t we have a moan and have our say.. call it shit support if you want but a dog shit performance needs to be called out Imo.

3 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Nope, but Prince Abdullah quoted as “why would we pay off £4m - almost one years money for him to resign”, and then as per below.

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

That severance payment would likely be based on the understanding that he doesn't get another job for X number of months. If he did take another job before that time expired, then he, or more accurately his new club on his behalf, would have to partially reimburse Sheff Utd.

We’d likely have to pay Sheffield Utd compensation running into £m’s to take him on.  It’s probably why Swansea and Forest baulked at the idea.

And finally do you think he’d have taken a job here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Nope, but Prince Abdullah quoted as “why would we pay off £4m - almost one years money for him to resign”, and then as per below.

We’d likely have to pay Sheffield Utd compensation running into £m’s to take him on.  It’s probably why Swansea and Forest baulked at the idea.

And finally do you think he’d have taken a job here?

A football manager out of work would have taken a job if the package was right, just like anyone else.

22 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes I get that. What I am saying is today wasn’t a talent issue. It was an effort issue. Talent wise we aren’t close to West Brom. No shame in losing away to West Brom.

The shame was the lack of effort and energy. There didn’t seem to be a game plan. Players looked lost. Not sure we won one second ball. We were second in every department. That isn’t good enough. It is a feeling of players not buying what NP and co are instructing. 

Players who have downed tools for previous managers and appear to be doing the same to Pearson

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

A football manager out of work would have taken a job if the package was right, just like anyone else.

Yep, but do you think we could’ve afforded the package he would’ve wanted to buy out any contractual obligation from / compensation to Sheffield Utd (dependent on how the financial terms of his sacking were constructed)?

If yes, cool.

I’m in the no camp (not Nou camp).

But all about opinions ??

1 hour ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Players who have downed tools for previous managers and appear to be doing the same to Pearson

Always an easy , early shout when things are going wrong.
The fact many were out on their feet at the end of the Bournemouth and Forest games indicate it aint so. An early goal against, in a game you probably expect to struggle in ? I'm not surprised levels dropped. Not condoning it, but I can understand it.  

I've said for some time, these problems have been around for years and are ingrained. It's a bag job Pearson has on. He's addressed the medical and backroom staff. Brought in 2 players to try and change the mindset, but things are not straight forward. Whether Pearson can change things around is still open for debate, I've seen hints , but only hints. As the "experienced" Manager we were all calling for when Johnson started breaking records in the loss department, he needs and deserves time. The fact we have little money to throw at it means he needs time. If we carry on losing , he won't get it.
But downed tools ? Nah, not for me.

• Like 3

I hate this comment often hear bandied around ‘not playing for manager anymore’.  It’s nonsense. It’s a perceived fans image that is trotted out across the country at many football clubs when the results have slipped.

There was 110% commitment against Forest ? And Fulham and so on. 
Just accept Bournemouth and WBA are simply streets ahead of us, better players, better wealth, better salaries, parachute payments and all that. That’s why they looked better, because they were.  NP called it right in his interviews after both games. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

I hate this comment often hear bandied around ‘not playing for manager anymore’.  It’s nonsense. It’s a perceived fans image that is trotted out across the country at many football clubs when the results have slipped.

Just accept Bournemouth and WBA are simply streets ahead of us, better players, better wealth, better salaries, parachute payments and all that. That’s why they looked better, because they were.  NP called it right in his interviews after both games. 

That’s a fair comment. But there are still players in the squad I will not forgive for last season and I would certainly use the phrase ‘downed tools’ during that awful run. My comment may have been premature but I don’t maintain a lot of trust that they won’t do it again, particularly when they are up against it in periods such as this. I’m not sure NP does either, hence some of the comments he’s made of late. 

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

Good post, and what we are starting to see if the “big three” settling into form after the usual early season unpredictability.  I would be majorly surprised if they don’t continue to increase the gap on 4th.  Sheffield Utd will make top 6 too, but I see them in more of a transition than the other three.  They will all drop points, it’s the nature of a low scoring sport, so teams, even like City v Fulham will get points here and there.

That’s a fair comment. But there are still players in the squad I will not forgive for last season and I would certainly use the phrase ‘downed tools’ during that awful run. My comment may have been premature but I don’t maintain a lot of trust that they won’t do it again, particularly when they are up against it in periods such as this. I’m not sure NP does either, hence some of the comments he’s made of late. 

I think some of the players are just a bit weak mentally, and that comes out loud when a team is struggling.  Some aren’t quite good enough either.

Nige needs to find / re-find the formula from early season where even if we aren’t on our game we stay in the game or at least look competitive and solid.  We have gone from looking one goal against games to 9 against in 4.  Ok, 5 of those were West Brom and Bournemouth, and you might argue the 2 apiece we conceded v Forest and Portsmouth were a bit undeserved (bar the penalty), but then against probably making up for Luton and QPR.

The players need to feel confident they can stay in a game.  Even Saturday early on was bizarre.  Early ball from Baker put Weimann in, difficult touch ball coming over his shoulder, but then over hit cross to Martin, then their goal, then our offside equaliser.  Got to be more resilient.