IGNORED

Fed up with a lack of respect...

PFree

I don’t think people at the club worry too much about a very small minority of over emotional posters on here tbh.  In fact, as much as people hate it the vast majority of footballers see punters as idiots who know sod all about the game.

Put it this way, at one of the higher non league clubs in the area players often go on Twitter on the coach journey home……

”Smithy, you’re a carthorse and out of your depth”

”What?”

”Yeah, Dave Jones, you know the fat bloke who stands behind the goal reckons your a carthorse and at 36 stone and never played football in his life he would know”

That is literally the type of conversation that would be had for banter.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

As supporters/fans/customers we are entitled to our opinions and unfortunately Bristol City (my club) always flatters to deceive.

Nige still has my support but the excuses regarding the mess he inherited, can only go on for so long.

We have seen very little improvement in the time he has been here and his reluctance to add at least one offensive player (loan or otherwise) during the summer was wrong.

We are in a relegation battle (along with probably 10 other teams) and i'm not quite sure how we can put a run of results together at this moment in time.

I will be at The Gate on Saturday for the Barnsley game but it will be in hope, more than expectation.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, PFree said:

This isn’t aimed at the club, it’s Manager, SL or anybody officially connected to our club for that matter, it’s aimed at many of our so called ‘fans’.

I too am disappointed at where we are as a club BUT we all know how we have arrived at this point. Significant numbers this season renewed ST’s knowing full well that we have a small squad lacking general quality. We were always destined to struggle this season and anything above the relegation zone was acceptable come the end - we are where we expected to be, surely?

What really annoys me though is the awful, highly personal vitriol spread by many. Football fans now seem to demand instant success and don’t seem to appreciate players and Managers are doing their best plus that they are people after all! They too feel shit after losses and it hurts them badly too.

Why do people bother posting negative rubbish on a regular basis, all it seeks to do is help people spiral into even more of a negative world. Life is hard enough without continually slagging people and situations off. People underestimate how important confidence is in any worker and that includes footballers, imagine being told by many people on a regular basis you are shit at what you do, and they then wonder why you aren’t performing. Are some not aware some of our players are actually kids?

One window into a three year development journey, all aimed at a much needed rebuild exercise and fans are singing about ex players and that NP is getting sacked in the morning, wtf..?

We go again on Saturday when OUR team needs you, and remember if you keep screaming at people that they are shit, they will quickly believe you, I think with the title ‘supporters’ there’s a clue in the title ?.

Well said. There are some ‘fans’ who seem determined to hound out anyone and everyone from the club. They are an embarrassment.

• Like 7

I agree with much of what the OP is saying here.

Of course people are entitled to their opinions but my god some of the vitriol and blind fury I heard this afternoon was ridiculous. People booing players, singing about how they want Lee Johnson back, chanting you’re getting sacked in the morning, hurling abuse at certain players every time they went near the ball…. It was pretty pathetic at times today.

Am I happy with how things are going? Of course not. We’ve had a really poor week. But boil it down and we’ve lost 2 games we would have expected to lose and had a massive kick in the nuts in a game we should have won on Tuesday night. We’ll struggle this season, but that’s hardly a shock. We’re about where we would have expected to be at the start of the season.  Getting on the players’ backs like people are starting to do at the moment is only going to make things worse. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, PFree said:

This isn’t aimed at the club, it’s Manager, SL or anybody officially connected to our club for that matter, it’s aimed at many of our so called ‘fans’.

I too am disappointed at where we are as a club BUT we all know how we have arrived at this point. Significant numbers this season renewed ST’s knowing full well that we have a small squad lacking general quality. We were always destined to struggle this season and anything above the relegation zone was acceptable come the end - we are where we expected to be, surely?

What really annoys me though is the awful, highly personal vitriol spread by many. Football fans now seem to demand instant success and don’t seem to appreciate players and Managers are doing their best plus that they are people after all! They too feel shit after losses and it hurts them badly too.

Why do people bother posting negative rubbish on a regular basis, all it seeks to do is help people spiral into even more of a negative world. Life is hard enough without continually slagging people and situations off. People underestimate how important confidence is in any worker and that includes footballers, imagine being told by many people on a regular basis you are shit at what you do, and they then wonder why you aren’t performing. Are some not aware some of our players are actually kids?

One window into a three year development journey, all aimed at a much needed rebuild exercise and fans are singing about ex players and that NP is getting sacked in the morning, wtf..?

We go again on Saturday when OUR team needs you, and remember if you keep screaming at people that they are shit, they will quickly believe you, I think with the title ‘supporters’ there’s a clue in the title ?.

Well said. Difficult season and this team and manager need our support. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, PFree said:

I think for as frustrating as it is, the more intelligent section of our fan base can put across views in a constructive manner, whilst expressing disappointment.

The Bristol City BS3 group for example is full of Neanderthals though and seldom are there any good debates on there. You simply won’t get realism or constructive debate on there. Platforms like those doesn’t represent the majority of the fan base, so I take all that with a very large pinch of salt.

Its fair to say we are all disappointed and expect more. As fans we are entitled to our opinion, there is just a way to express that opinion. Ignore the knuckle draggers fella, they ain’t worth the energy. Keep the faith.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PFree said:

??

42 minutes ago, PFree said:

Excellent post ?. Some people seem to think there’s someone out there who could sprinkle some fairy dust on this rabble and turn us into world beaters, all without spending any cash. The class of 2021/22 are a bottom-six outfit.

Sack NP and we start over again. More cash wasted and we’re a less attractive proposition. The new man wastes time assessing the squad, the backroom staff, the medical team all while we struggle to be competitive. We’d be odds-on to go down.

Stick by NP and we might stay up, offload more of the deadwood in the summer, sign more of the Tanners or Atkinsons and become more competitive next season. They need our support more than ever IMO because one thing we all agree on is relegation is not an option. 

Edited by tin
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 2

39 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

As supporters/fans/customers we are entitled to our opinions and unfortunately Bristol City (my club) always flatters to deceive.

Nige still has my support but the excuses regarding the mess he inherited, can only go on for so long.

We have seen very little improvement in the time he has been here and his reluctance to add at least one offensive player (loan or otherwise) during the summer was wrong.

We are in a relegation battle (along with probably 10 other teams) and i'm not quite sure how we can put a run of results together at this moment in time.

I will be at The Gate on Saturday for the Barnsley game but it will be in hope, more than expectation.

I didn't think he was reluctant as much as not being given the money  to buy one. I can't see how he can be blamed for that.

• Like 2

We know it’s been poor but to me it is the complete lack of perspective (I do know how many games since we won at home, before anyone replies).

We had limited funds this summer, chose to run with a much smaller squad & have just played 2 sides who have been in the Prem recently & have the huge advantage of FFP.

What was expected by these posters after we were the worst side in the division for ‘21 (statistically worse than all 3 of the relegated sides) I really have no idea.

• Like 7

We’re a bad football team.

Not a bad club, but currently; our squad is not playing good football.

I’ll admit to disappointment in how I don’t feel the performances are showing what is being done to progress, and that is harder than bad results, but we absolutely shouldn’t be expecting rapid improvement or any kind of explosion of points soon. Because we are a bad football team, at the moment at least.

NP needs to have time and resources, and we’ll see ups and downs, but we’re not in a position to expect to be even competitive in many games this year.

My concern is how extensive the repairs required are, and where we might end up before we see a sustained upswing - had last season gone on much longer, we’d be in league one just now, so seeing such a sharp downturn in performance since the international break (and NP’s second bout of covid, let’s not forget) is concerning because I don’t want us to get into a prolonged tail spin which may be too hard to get out of.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Some of the fans at West Brom today were a total embarassment

Would agree with that. We seemed to have more than our fair share of idiots there today

The group of stone Island clad idiots that let the flare off in the concourse with a fair few small kids about. Well done.

Idiots calling for your own Manager to be sacked.

Idiots that were arguing and abusingi the stewards and police because they didn't want to keep the gangway clear for them to take the injured fan out the ground.

Yes a fair few about today

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PFree said:

I understand where you're coming from, but these four simple words may explain the 'anger'.

Its.

The.

Home.

Form.

25 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I didn't think he was reluctant as much as not being given the money  to buy one. I can't see how he can be blamed for that.

As i said previously, Nige still has my backing but even his most loyal followers must admit that we needed at least one new offensive signing during the summer. If that meant that King or Simpson etc had to be sacrificed then so be it.

Our defensive record this season is pretty poor so it's not as if clean sheets are being achieved either.

I fully appreciate that he inherited an unbalanced squad and we are at the start of a rebuild, but i did expect a little bit better.

I don't think its the results against Bournemouth and West Brom that are the problem but the manor in which we were defeated.

Anyway, i've had a few Stella's tonight, so i think i'll leave the ranting for now!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

Would agree with that. We seemed to have more than our fair share of idiots there today

The group of stone Island clad idiots that let the flare off in the concourse with a fair few small kids about. Well done.

Idiots calling for your own Manager to be sacked.

Idiots that were arguing and abusingi the stewards and police because they didn't want to keep the gangway clear for them to take the injured fan out the ground.

Yes a fair few about today

They were chanting at WBA fans for trouble when one of our own fell ill at HT. Then chanting you aren't fit to wear the shirt, shouting we want LJ back. Totally embarassing.

I get it, we were poor today, got well beat by a far better side but by no means was it a 3-0 beating by a really bad side.

Was one of the worst away days today and not just because of our own team but our own fans were being pathetic

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

As i said previously, Nige still has my backing but even his most loyal followers must admit that we needed at least one new offensive signing during the summer. If that meant that King or Simpson etc had to be sacrificed then so be it.

Our defensive record this season is pretty poor so it's not as if clean sheets are being achieved either.

I fully appreciate that he inherited an unbalanced squad and we are at the start of a rebuild, but i did expect a little bit better.

I don't think its the results against Bournemouth and West Brom that are the problem but the manor in which we were defeated.

Anyway, i've had a few Stella's tonight, so i think i'll leave the ranting for now!

I believe he thought he needed 3 in to balance / get the dressing room onside.

He could have got 2 in and got the more offensive player, we might never know

I don’t think Simpson has been particularly great, but we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes - he could have helped immensely getting the spirit back 

Edited by Rossi the Robin

23 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Some of the fans at West Brom today were a total embarassment

As someone who was there, I’m glad you qualified that with a “some”!!

But, yes, some certainly were. The flares in the concourse were a start that pretty much set the tone for the day. Stupid doesn’t even start to do it.

And chanting “you don’t know what you’re doing” at stewards and medics who were doing their level best to deal with a serious incident was just embarrassing.

Tuesday’s ‘how shit must you be we’re winning at home’ was questionable, but at least it was brief. Today some seemed determined to not just repeat it but go on and on with endless variations: …you’ve only scored three…..we’ve lost the bal etc etc. 

Depressing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I believe he thought he needed 3 in to balance / get the dressing room onside.

He could have got 2 in and got the more offensive player, we might never know

I don’t think Simpson has been particularly great, but we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes - he could have helped immensely getting the spirit back 

I don't think anyone truly understands FFP and i do think sometimes its used as a bit of a smokescreen.

QPR managed to bring in Andre Gray on loan (reported wages of £60k per week) to play alongside Charlie Austin and Lyndon Dykes, who will both be on decent wages themselves.

We shifted out a dozen players in the summer to vastly reduce our wage bill and yet still our hands are tied.

If finances are that tight then the crop of players we already have, need to be coached to perform better, which to date, hasn't really happened.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

As someone who was there, I’m glad you qualified that with a “some”!!

But, yes, some certainly were. The flares in the concourse were a start that pretty much set the tone for the day. Stupid doesn’t even start to do it.

And chanting “you don’t know what you’re doing” at stewards and medics who were doing their level best to deal with a serious incident was just embarrassing.

Tuesday’s ‘how shit must you be we’re winning at home’ was questionable, but at least it was brief. Today some seemed determined to not just repeat it but go on and on with endless variations: …you’ve only scored three…..we’ve lost the bal etc etc. 

Depressing. 

Very depressing. It was a minority for sure but a loud minority who must have been an average age of about 19. 

Just making noise for the sake of noise after it was clear we'd lose and it shows to me how quick some of our fans turn on the players and managers when we lose a few games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

I don't think anyone truly understands FFP and i do think sometimes its used as a bit of a smokescreen.

QPR managed to bring in Andre Gray on loan (reported wages of £60k per week) to play alongside Charlie Austin and Lyndon Dykes, who will both be on decent wages themselves.

We shifted out a dozen players in the summer to vastly reduce our wage bill and yet still our hands are tied.

If finances are that tight then the crop of players we already have, need to be coached to perform better, which to date, hasn't really happened.

Tbf I haven’t a clue with details of FFP but the the impressions I get is that we are being really careful or tight? Whilst other clubs seem to be still risking it - time will tell 

• Like 2