IGNORED

Fed up with a lack of respect...

PFree

8 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Tbf I haven’t a clue with details of FFP but the the impressions I get is that we are being really careful or tight? Whilst other clubs seem to be still risking it - time will tell 

But if 23 clubs go belly up and end up with points deductions, transfer bans etc, then we'll stand a decent chance of going up.

Mind you we'd probably still lose out on signing the players we wanted, and still end up midtable!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, samo II said:

We’re a bad football team.

Not a bad club, but currently; our squad is not playing good football.

I’ll admit to disappointment in how I don’t feel the performances are showing what is being done to progress, and that is harder than bad results, but we absolutely shouldn’t be expecting rapid improvement or any kind of explosion of points soon. Because we are a bad football team, at the moment at least.

NP needs to have time and resources, and we’ll see ups and downs, but we’re not in a position to expect to be even competitive in many games this year.

My concern is how extensive the repairs required are, and where we might end up before we see a sustained upswing - had last season gone on much longer, we’d be in league one just now, so seeing such a sharp downturn in performance since the international break (and NP’s second bout of covid, let’s not forget) is concerning because I don’t want us to get into a prolonged tail spin which may be too hard to get out of.

No, we should always be competitive, regardless of how much chance we have of winning

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

Would agree with that. We seemed to have more than our fair share of idiots there today

The group of stone Island clad idiots that let the flare off in the concourse with a fair few small kids about. Well done.

Idiots calling for your own Manager to be sacked.

Idiots that were arguing and abusingi the stewards and police because they didn't want to keep the gangway clear for them to take the injured fan out the ground.

Yes a fair few about today

Yes there were a lot of idiots about, not just on the pitch!

(Fans) fighting stewards and police because getting to the bar was more important than the safety of treating and removing a fan with a probable heart problem and West Brom fans showing no better respect to the situation.

Hats off to those officials that remained composed dealing with the idiots.

Pity there was not a lot to cheer about with the on-field action - time to drop the can’t be bothered players and those not up to the job - put back some interest in playing for the shirt, there are a few youth and u23 players showing a hell of a lot of promise - get them on the pitch and show those players with no pride or ambition that there is another way! 
Promotion certainly won’t happen this season but relegation is definitely avoidable!

COYR

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

No, we should always be competitive, regardless of how much chance we have of winning

I don’t disagree we should be, I just don’t expect us to be. And that’s really been one of the problems; were we seeing an overmatched squad going for it but coming up short, that would show the bones of future better results. But we aren’t seeing that often just now, and that’s probably my biggest concern.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

As supporters/fans/customers we are entitled to our opinions and unfortunately Bristol City (my club) always flatters to deceive.

Nige still has my support but the excuses regarding the mess he inherited, can only go on for so long.

We have seen very little improvement in the time he has been here and his reluctance to add at least one offensive player (loan or otherwise) during the summer was wrong.

We are in a relegation battle (along with probably 10 other teams) and i'm not quite sure how we can put a run of results together at this moment in time.

I will be at The Gate on Saturday for the Barnsley game but it will be in hope, more than expectation.

Think it's this that needs addressing.

Why only so long? The mess he inherited will stay that way until he has room to maneuver and resolve - it's as simple as that.

Fact if the matter is that, until someone/players are sold - we won't see any such movement, aside from end of season windows when some wages will be freed up.

Hence why no offensive player was signed in the summer. We still have the likes of Moore, O'Dowda, Palmer, DaSilva, on very good contracts. Not forgetting Kalas and Bentley.

We needed, from last season's squad, to cut wages by at least 40%.

That hasn't happened yet as far as I can tally, I make it a third.

Until two or three of the aforementioned are sold, we're stuck, unless we risk FFP punishment - which could be done, but Gould and SL will likely play it by the book.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

We know it’s been poor but to me it is the complete lack of perspective (I do know how many games since we won at home, before anyone replies).

We had limited funds this summer, chose to run with a much smaller squad & have just played 2 sides who have been in the Prem recently & have the huge advantage of FFP.

What was expected by these posters after we were the worst side in the division for ‘21 (statistically worse than all 3 of the relegated sides) I really have no idea.

Absolutely echo this post.

Make no mistake we would've been relegated last season. Considering the shambolic freefall last season to be at the very least largely competing this season (& I'm not counting games against teams with massive parachute payments for failure).

Frustrating as it may be but this is the truth and we just have to suck it up. Yes I get it that everyone wants us to at least compete but we are a million miles away from being that and certainly not against teams with a massive unfair financial advantage.

The sooner people get on board with this the better. Continually criticising and being negative gets you absolutely nowhere.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

As supporters/fans/customers we are entitled to our opinions and unfortunately Bristol City (my club) always flatters to deceive.

Nige still has my support but the excuses regarding the mess he inherited, can only go on for so long.

We have seen very little improvement in the time he has been here and his reluctance to add at least one offensive player (loan or otherwise) during the summer was wrong.

We are in a relegation battle (along with probably 10 other teams) and i'm not quite sure how we can put a run of results together at this moment in time.

I will be at The Gate on Saturday for the Barnsley game but it will be in hope, more than expectation.

So, given ALL the circumstances, and this is a serious question, if you were SL, what would you do?

Seriously would like to hear your thoughts.  

Suspect I won’t get an answer as I never do when I ask @Hampshire Redor @Hampshire reds

Not listened to any interviews, first post I’ve really got to tonight, been out watching the Bristol Flyers lose 81-82 to Surrey, which rounded off my sporting Saturday “nicely”….not.

My summary:

For some reason or another we’ve gone away from the basics of early season., where we looked well drilled, committed, etc, without looking hugely cohesive, but it was enough to get results.  I liked that we stuck with 442/4411, changing personnel to suit, e.g. Cardiff where we went Baker at LB, rather than go back 3 to accommodate him.  We looked flexible within a framework.  I felt encouraged.

I hate looking at formations as the root cause because that makes me hypocritical as at best I think formations are 30% at most, and 70% is about the players.

But….I see big issues with the way we play a back three at times.  I don’t mind it per se, but I don’t like how we go about playing it.

Not enough marking by the 3 CBs. Against a front two, there should be no reason why Grant and Hugill are not marked tightly at all times by Kalas and Baker (in the main) knowing that Atkinson is spare.  There really shouldn’t be a case where Grant comes short and Kalas doesn’t go right up his arse.  He shouldn’t be able to turn and slide Furlong in under no pressure.

If they don’t mark it means someone else trying to drop back like James, and therefore there is no pressure then into midfield, where we get passed around and can’t get enough pressure on the ball.  Playing three seems to result in a bit of buck-psssing, e.g. if I don’t mark my man, surely the other two will bail me out.  I don’t like that.

I generally don’t like Dasilva at LWB, I think he gets caught playing it a bit in no-man’s land.  I know plenty on here don’t like him defensively, but I think if you get him with the play in front of him you see a better player and I think he positions himself better defensively too, even if he might have some weaknesses….at least you get the best of him on the ball….and you can build passing moves off of him.  Whether Pring could play LWB better I don’t know….but I thought he played really well at LB today.  Will observe more.

I also think playing 2 CMs and 1 AM is asking for trouble against better teams (QPR / WBA).  You might get away with it against lesser sides.  We got dominated playing Massengo in-front of James and Bakinson at QPR (but got a smash and grab win) and ditto today with Weimann in-front of James and Massengo. Two different opponent styles, we couldn’t cope with either.  Playing them as a flat three would’ve made more sense, at least we’d have had a back eight in two main banks.  As it was we had pockets of space for West Brom to find far too often.

Back to basics next week please Nige.  Disappointed today tactically…even more so with application and commitment.

Pring and Wells gave good accounts of themselves today.  I didn’t always come off for Wells but at least he carried a threat.

An interesting week ahead.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not listened to any interviews, first post I’ve really got to tonight, been out watching the Bristol Flyers lose 81-82 to Surrey, which rounded off my sporting Saturday “nicely”….not.

My summary:

For some reason or another we’ve gone away from the basics of early season., where we looked well drilled, committed, etc, without looking hugely cohesive, but it was enough to get results.  I liked that we stuck with 442/4411, changing personnel to suit, e.g. Cardiff where we went Baker at LB, rather than go back 3 to accommodate him.  We looked flexible within a framework.  I felt encouraged.

I hate looking at formations as the root cause because that makes me hypocritical as at best I think formations are 30% at most, and 70% is about the players.

But….I see big issues with the way we play a back three at times.  I don’t mind it per se, but I don’t like how we go about playing it.

Not enough marking by the 3 CBs. Against a front two, there should be no reason why Grant and Hugill are not marked tightly at all times by Kalas and Baker (in the main) knowing that Atkinson is spare.  There really shouldn’t be a case where Grant comes short and Kalas doesn’t go right up his arse.  He shouldn’t be able to turn and slide Furlong in under no pressure.

If they don’t mark it means someone else trying to drop back like James, and therefore there is no pressure then into midfield, where we get passed around and can’t get enough pressure on the ball.  Playing three seems to result in a bit of buck-psssing, e.g. if I don’t mark my man, surely the other two will bail me out.  I don’t like that.

I generally don’t like Dasilva at LWB, I think he gets caught playing it a bit in no-man’s land.  I know plenty on here don’t like him defensively, but I think if you get him with the play in front of him you see a better player and I think he positions himself better defensively too, even if he might have some weaknesses….at least you get the best of him on the ball….and you can build passing moves off of him.  Whether Pring could play LWB better I don’t know….but I thought he played really well at LB today.  Will observe more.

I also think playing 2 CMs and 1 AM is asking for trouble against better teams (QPR / WBA).  You might get away with it against lesser sides.  We got dominated playing Massengo in-front of James and Bakinson at QPR (but got a smash and grab win) and ditto today with Weimann in-front of James and Massengo. Two different opponent styles, we couldn’t cope with either.  Playing them as a flat three would’ve made more sense, at least we’d have had a back eight in two main banks.  As it was we had pockets of space for West Brom to find far too often.

Back to basics next week please Nige.  Disappointed today tactically…even more so with application and commitment.

Pring and Wells gave good accounts of themselves today.  I didn’t always come off for Wells but at least he carried a threat.

I do question whether the reason for the switch to more a 3 is the sheer unavailability and or number of wide players in the squad.

Alternatively however - I'd be interested in a comparison between games where we've played Baker-Pring compared to JD. I always feel Jay flatters to deceive going forward and is a liability defensively.

• Hmmm 1

18 minutes ago, Fuber said:

I do question whether the reason for the switch to more a 3 is the sheer unavailability and or number of wide players in the squad.

Alternatively however - I'd be interested in a comparison between games where we've played Baker-Pring compared to JD. I always feel Jay flatters to deceive going forward and is a liability defensively.

I’m sure that is part of it Fuber.  I have no probs with a back 3 (loved playing in one myself at Brislington)…I just don’t like the way we play it.  I’ve never seen such lack of marking.  Defeats the object of it imho.

I wonder whether concussion protocol will mean Baker is out next week anyway.  Back 4, Pring at LB…for starters.

I don’t know. Here we are again. 

im completely behind Nigel Pearson as I think he is not the problem, but the nearest thing we had to a solution since Steve Cotterill fell out with SL, which after months of pouting ended withSC being fired and Lee effing Johnson being installed to piss everyone’s money. 

However 18 games without a home win quite rightly gets people’s blood up. Particularly as we keep throwing away winning positions. Its not disloyalty, its just an effing fact! 

Bollox about patience is just that utter bollox. As a group of supporters many many have lived and died being patient for this club. Perhaps a little bit of impatience is what we need. Turning in school boy performances and then reading horse shit on here about, premier league club/s in waiting and effing rebuilds is galling. We have have three games of utter gutlessness (I couldn’t bring myself to watch today, so I will go by anecdotal evidence) utter utter garbage. More sackings at the club this week make it pretty clear we are going to be shite for a while longer. But I no longer have the band width for gutless capitulation and that needs to stop by next Saturday at 2-59pm! 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My summary:

Great observations.......  employing the two banks of four to give us more structure is definitely something we need to do more often.     The  lack of tight marking, and giving too much space is a constant problem, with certain players never knowing when to close down/lay off, and when to get tight?  I am hoping that a re- structuring of   the coaching staff might bring some improvement, i am keen to see who will be brought in?     Lets hope it is  someone who can drum good habits and more organisation into the squad?  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2015 said:

Some of the fans at West Brom today were a total embarassment

10 hours ago, richyy66 said:

Would agree with that. We seemed to have more than our fair share of idiots there today

The group of stone Island clad idiots that let the flare off in the concourse with a fair few small kids about. Well done.

Idiots calling for your own Manager to be sacked.

Idiots that were arguing and abusingi the stewards and police because they didn't want to keep the gangway clear for them to take the injured fan out the ground.

Yes a fair few about today

I totally agree with both of these comments - usually I am proud to to support the club, yesterday I was quite frankly ashamed of some of our supporters. It's becoming more of an issue over the last 4 years or so - an always at sold-out, or near capacity away games. 

I've absolutely no issue with people vocalising their frustration at what they see on the pitch. Yes, we are a team yet again in transition and we played a good West Brom - but where was the bottle, the bite, the passion?!. The first 65 minutes were absolutely atrocious - they would all be given less than a 2 match rating - not due to individual performances - but no cohesion as a team. We are lacking leaders in every part of the pitch.

Back to our own support though - for me it was on a whole new level of poor yesterday. Far too much time trading insults to opposing fans. The amount of coked-up and pissed individuals who barely watched the actual game, and instead made certain sections of support a uncomfortable place to be was depressing. Seeing children in tears and parents being made to leave a game early due to someone else's selfish behaviour, you'd think these idiots would stop.  Sadly not. Instead they just filled the seat those families were in, to get 10cm closer to a fan in another part of the ground - it's so hilariously pathetic. 

Would love to know if others felt the same today, I genuinely feel respect amongst supporters is hitting an all-time low, and for the first time I am now questioning whether I wish to attend away games with my 6 year old son, as I don't want to consistently expose him to these sorts of things. 

Edited by Sandhurst Red
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

So, given ALL the circumstances, and this is a serious question, if you were SL, what would you do?

Seriously would like to hear your thoughts.  

Suspect I won’t get an answer as I never do when I ask @Hampshire Redor @Hampshire reds

I think my frustration stems from a number of different areas and the blame cannot be laid solely on any one person.

As a fan of over 40 years i just want my club to play with an identity and with passion and to try to play exciting football.

SL has done wonders for the club in terms of facilities but some of the decision making from the top has been questionable. We all doubted that the Dean Holden appointment would go well and that wasted the best part of 12 months (this is just one example)

So in answer to your question, i would like SL to carry on leading from the top but learn by the mistakes he has made previously regarding the football side of the business.

I have said before that Nige still has my support but i do believe the next 5 or 6 games are another tipping point for the club. A poor run of results and even the most staunch Nige supporter will be having doubts.

Relegation should not be an option!

• Like 1

I was at the game yesterday and agree that some of the behaviour was deplorable. I agree with the majority of comments that condemn this behaviour.

I would equally argue that it wouldn't take much for Pearson to walk over and thank the fans.....something he NEVER does. We travelled a good couple of hours....spent good money and he couldn't walk 30 yards across a park to clap us for the effort....is that or does that show respect?

Edited by MelksRed
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Fuber said:

Why only so long? The mess he inherited will stay that way until he has room to maneuver and resolve - it's as simple as that.

Fact if the matter is that, until someone/players are sold - we won't see any such movement, aside from end of season windows when some wages will be freed up.

Hence why no offensive player was signed in the summer. We still have the likes of Moore, O'Dowda, Palmer, DaSilva, on very good contracts. Not forgetting Kalas and Bentley.

Until two or three of the aforementioned are sold, we're stuck, unless we risk FFP punishment - which could be done, but Gould and SL will likely play it by the book.

Football is a results business and managers are judged purely on wins or defeats. We need to be careful how much we talk about "the mess" he inherited as it continually gives him a get out of jail free card.

The squad still boasts a number of talented players and is fairly expensively assembled by Champ standards. The one area we do lack quality is in the final third which nearly all of us knew was the problem.

I'll repeat it again, Nige still has my backing and he does have a tough job on his hands but i expected better than we have had to date.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

I totally agree with both of these comments - usually I am proud to to support the club, yesterday I was quite frankly ashamed of some of our supporters. It's becoming more of an issue over the last 4 years or so - an always at sold-out, or near capacity away games. 

I've absolutely no issue with people vocalising their frustration at what they see on the pitch. Yes, we are a team yet again in transition and we played a good West Brom - but where was the bottle, the bite, the passion?!. The first 65 minutes were absolutely atrocious - they would all be given less than a 2 match rating - not due to individual performances - but no cohesion as a team. We are lacking leaders in every part of the pitch.

Back to our own support though - for me it was on a whole new level of poor yesterday. Far too much time trading insults to opposing fans. The amount of coked-up and pissed individuals who barely watched the actual game, and instead made certain sections of support a uncomfortable place to be was depressing. Seeing children in tears and parents being made to leave a game early due to someone else's selfish behaviour, you'd think these idiots would stop.  Sadly not. Instead they just filled the seat those families were in, to get 10cm closer to a fan in another part of the ground - it's so hilariously pathetic. 

Would love to know if others felt the same today, I genuinely feel respect amongst supporters is hitting an all-time low, and for the first time I am now questioning whether I wish to attend away games with my 6 year old son, as I don't want to consistently expose him to these sorts of things. 

I make you absolutely right. I’m all for people enjoying themselves, having a few beers and letting off steam. That’s a big part of what going to football is all about.

Yesterday, however, was way past the line of what’s acceptable IMO. The majority of the lads you are on about had no interest in watching the game and all they wanted to do was abuse our own players, make those comical gestures at the opposition fans and make life actually pretty uncomfortable for everyone else around.

I was embarrassed to be in that away end yesterday. 

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I liked that we stuck with 442/4411, changing personnel to suit, e.g. Cardiff where we went Baker at LB, rather than go back 3 to accommodate him.  We looked flexible within a framework.  I felt encouraged.

Yeh it was good, felt like there was a considered plan for each game, and that there was a style developing. Those halcyon days seem to have evaporated in a cloud of injuries and self-doubt. That QPR game seems to have shaken us, rocked us - players and coaches - and we've been shaky since. I thought the well fought draw with Fulham might help...but seemingly no. 

Baker's injury looked nasty, and I wish him a speedy recovery of course, but could it force a reversion to that 44X that we saw in the first 10 games? With King and Williams out we'd have to be careful with whoever partners James in centre mid - do HNM/Scott have the tactical discipline to play there with him? I am unsure.

Barnsley will be an interesting test, they're poor without Ismael, but they could still spring us. 

11 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

I don't think anyone truly understands FFP

There's a huge misconception that FFP is complex and huge myths around FFP.

It's simple and straightforward.  In most seasons cannot lose more than £39 million in the three year period.  That is it.

QPR Football Club company (excluding the impact of the FFP fine they received in 2018) have made a profit in every year from 2016 to 2020.  So FFP is of no real concern to them at all.

• Like 1

Two points for me, some of the posts on here re FFP are embarrassing, the “it doesn’t matter, let’s go for it” brigade, FFS not FFP.

Secondly I think we have been blown off course by a few injuries after deciding to run with a small squad.

James appears to be the only fit, in favour central midfielder available (HNM was back yesterday but has been out) so the decision to go to a back 3 seems more determined by that than anything else.

When we played a back four & a variant of 4-4-1-1 we were in most games & gave ourselves a chance.

I have posted this a few times now, we are highly unlikely to outscore teams so need to be much harder to score against, I see Birmingham as our benchmark here, similar standard to us but defensively doing a better job.

• Like 3

You can take I more nuanced view than a black and white: "Pearson is great" or "Pearson must go".

I think we need to keep faith and see where he takes us, how he can develop the club over a few seasons.

That doesn't mean I think the sun shines out of his behind. He's made numerous mistakes. I don't feel we should feel shy at calling those out. 

By any reasonable estimation he inherited a shitshow. sorting it out was never going to be quick or pretty, and I think he can probably do it as well or better than most managers out there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, MelksRed said:

I was at the game yesterday and agree that some of the behaviour was deplorable. I agree with the majority of comments that condemn this behaviour.

I would equally argue that it wouldn't take much for Pearson to walk over and thank the fans.....something he NEVER does. We travelled a good couple of hours....spent good money and he couldn't walk 30 yards across a park to clap us for the effort....is that or does that show respect?

I never saw Lee, bloody wonderful, Johnson do anything other than disappear down the tunnel when we lost a league match! When we won he would be leading the players.

Pearson has a terribly difficult job to sort out the mess we are in. He doesn't need to a visit to the away end for a foul mouthed slagging by those foul mouthed, flares in corridors morons.

@MelksRed

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I never saw Lee, bloody wonderful, Johnson do anything other than disappear down the tunnel when we lost a league match! When we won he would be leading the players.

Pearson has a terribly difficult job to sort out the mess we are in. He doesn't need to a visit to the away end for a foul mouthed slagging by those foul mouthed, flares in corridors morons.

@MelksRed

Can we forget what previous managers did or didn’t do? Irrelevant - certainly in this instance.

The point is that it’s surely not asking too much of a manager to acknowledge those who’ve travelled a long way to support the team. He never does it. Even place like Middlesbrough where it’s a hell of a long way and the away end isn’t full of morons. 

2 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

I wasn’t there yesterday but it sounds like Reading (a) a few seasons back when we had 4-5k there, and some fans ended up in our wheelchair enclosure, because they were being intimidated by those idiots above.  Poor stewarding that day too.

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh it was good, felt like there was a considered plan for each game, and that there was a style developing. Those halcyon days seem to have evaporated in a cloud of injuries and self-doubt. That QPR game seems to have shaken us, rocked us - players and coaches - and we've been shaky since. I thought the well fought draw with Fulham might help...but seemingly no. 

Baker's injury looked nasty, and I wish him a speedy recovery of course, but could it force a reversion to that 44X that we saw in the first 10 games? With King and Williams out we'd have to be careful with whoever partners James in centre mid - do HNM/Scott have the tactical discipline to play there with him? I am unsure.

Barnsley will be an interesting test, they're poor without Ismael, but they could still spring us. 

re Baker, did he get kicked by Hugill or caught by Bentley.

12 hours ago, Fuber said:

Spot on.

Most of us haven’t managed a football team or if we have not a professional one. Many of us however do or have managed in a different setting.

We therefore know that culture, change, communication, consistency, etc are all vital and it takes considerable time before there is clear evidence of anything happening.

So I agree things aren’t going to change until ‘he has room to maneuver and resolve - it's as simple as that.’

Furthermore, unlike in other settings football imposes some additional constraints on managers such as FFP, some fans unrealistic expectations, the scrutiny of the media, injuries, etc, etc.

I am 100% backing NP and thankfully BCFC has a tradition of giving their managers time.
As others have said there is no quick fix, this will be a long journey in which we will see incremental improvements. 

• Like 2

Footballs all about opinion and those that want Nigel out are entitled to their views, it doesn’t make then clueless as they don’t conform to others ideas. I like Pearson and he’s pretty blunt at times but overall he’s doing a decent job with what he’s got.  Like any manager he will make mistakes and do I agree with everything he does , no. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, shelts said:

Footballs all about opinion and those that want Nigel out are entitled to their views, it doesn’t make then clueless as they don’t conform to others ideas. I like Pearson and he’s pretty blunt at times but overall he’s doing a decent job with what he’s got.  Like any manager he will make mistakes and do I agree with everything he does , no. 

Fair and balanced post.

The thing that really gets on my nerves is the knee- jerk reaction when we lose playing not that great is the NP out posters. Apart from the fact that he has inherited a sxxt show and our FFP constraints, the question that I ask but have yet to have an answer to is ‘ and replace him with who exactly?’.

NP is a highly experienced football manager and it looks to me, but I am not ITK, that the owner has given him TOTAL control of the football side of the club.

I think in time he will get us where we want to be but, it will take time.........AND patience - a quality sadly lacking with some on here.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Hxj said:

There's a huge misconception that FFP is complex and huge myths around FFP.

It's simple and straightforward.  In most seasons cannot lose more than £39 million in the three year period.  That is it.

QPR Football Club company (excluding the impact of the FFP fine they received in 2018) have made a profit in every year from 2016 to 2020.  So FFP is of no real concern to them at all.

But every man and his dog knows that clubs (especially the bigger ones) are finding ways to "enhance" their revenue figures and therefore gain an unfair advantage.

Whilst i agree with the sentiment of FFP, it is still being interpreted in different ways and has not created a level playing field as similar sanctions have done in Rugby, for example.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I wasn’t there yesterday but it sounds like Reading (a) a few seasons back when we had 4-5k there, and some fans ended up in our wheelchair enclosure, because they were being intimidated by those idiots above.  Poor stewarding that day too.

re Baker, did he get kicked by Hugill or caught by Bentley.

Collided with Bentley.

• Thanks 1