IGNORED

photo's from west brom,quite a lot,we might not visit again in a long time

Never to the dark side

49 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

Out of interest does anyone know why WBA are associated with The lords my shepherd?

I can remember a WBA fan telling me it’s one of those long standing songs associated with a club that ends up with numerous anecdotes of how it started. 
So depends who you ask but it’s been associated with them for getting on 50 years I think

46 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I can remember a WBA fan telling me it’s one of those long standing songs associated with a club that ends up with numerous anecdotes of how it started. 
So depends who you ask but it’s been associated with them fo getting on 50 years I think

Thanks mate

18 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Won’t be that long, We’ll be there again next season.

New ground for me though tonight

edit: just realised it’s an old thread, point remains

An old thread....but not really old enough to justify that "we may not visit again in a long time" title!! A year later, and we're back again - never rely on NTTDS for predictions ?

(I initially thought it was a thread from yesterday, suggesting WBA may be on the way down to L1!)

22 hours ago, italian dave said:

An old thread....but not really old enough to justify that "we may not visit again in a long time" title!! A year later, and we're back again - never rely on NTTDS for predictions ?

(I initially thought it was a thread from yesterday, suggesting WBA may be on the way down to L1!)

I thought that, or suggesting we were!

• Like 1

The picture of one of those stands from the back, brought back memories to the last time I was there. I think it was called the Sandwell Stand and it was primarily made from wood IIRC at least the top half. Was probably more than 30 years ago and I've downed a lot of industrial strength cider in that time. So maybe it was all a dream!

On 24/10/2021 at 08:32, Mike Stone said:

Out of interest does anyone know why WBA are associated with The lords my shepherd?

various accounts but it seems to be linked to playing on a Sunday. Psalm 23. 

I was expecting to hear the fans sing it before the game last season but if it was sung, I missed it. I have seen the words displayed on the electric perimeter boards.

Did they sing it this year?

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/09/11/chapter-and-verse-genesis-of-psalm-23-at-west-brom/

6 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

of course it was.

This comment seems unnecessarily rude unless there’s a level of irony that’s way over my head. I love reading the views of fellow City fans on this forum (whether I agree with them not) but am consistently disappointed in the personal stuff seemingly casually posted. We all exult and suffer (more often) together so let’s be a bit nicer! Yeah?