IGNORED

What now

Hampshire reds

9 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

what do fans think will happen with the coaching set up. Simpson gone and Keith looks like he is on his way also. Do we bring in two new people or promote from within. Me personally i think we need fresh faces. 

We do,  on the coaching staff, on the pitch, in the boardroom, and in managers office!

Not the laundry room though - Scotty can stay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

what do fans think will happen with the coaching set up. Simpson gone and Keith looks like he is on his way also. Do we bring in two new people or promote from within. Me personally i think we need fresh faces. 

How many coaches are needed? Do we need a manager, an assistant and two more coaches and a goalkeeper coach?  Too many voices I reckon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

We do,  on the coaching staff, on the pitch, in the boardroom, and in managers office!

Not the laundry room though - Scotty can stay.

The managers office ? The bloke has inherited a complete ******* mess that has been unravelling for three years. Do you expect him to turn it around in a few months. Please shut up 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

The managers office ? The bloke has inherited a complete ******* mess that has been unravelling for three years. Do you expect him to turn it around in a few months. Please shut up 

Yep. Pearson said it would take at least 3 seasons to get anywhere we need to be. He needs time. 

11 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

Yep. Pearson said it would take at least 3 seasons to get anywhere we need to be. He needs time. 

They all say they need 3 years, or in LJs case 5 transfer windows. It then becomes a never ending project as the average life span of a manager is something like 2 and a half years.

Edited by The Horse With No Name

55 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

Whilst I’m not on the NP out fence. But all managers starting a new job say they need as long as their contract to get things right. If he said he could start challenging this season then it’s failure within 12 months and falls by the sword. 
I’m hoping that he finds another Shakespeare to assist him. It won’t be him unless he’s more loyalty to Nige than we thought. But fingers crossed he finds one soon. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC

3 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

I’ve no idea.  Alex Ball has helped out twice now. Guess we will find out.  Nige might realise that in the interim he needs to be more hands-on.

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Duncan Ferguson, if he wants to start his permanent managerial career somewhere other than Everton one day, I would take him in a heartbeat.

Why, are you trying to get a City manager to rival Joey Barton? On two occasions Ferguson put someone who broke into his house in hospital. You might say attacking a burglar is justified, but he also has four convictions for assault. One of the convictions was for kicking and punching a supporter who was on crutches! 

Edited by pongo88

What now indeed?

To be honest this just feels like groundhog day. Hasn’t this been our reaction for the last 10 years. I keep saying we’ve had 2 very decent spells of consistent signs of real promise since in this period. Cotts prom season and the LJ first half os 17/18. And then from a position of promise we seem to shoot ourselves in the foot, whether that’s sacking managers and replacing them with not much better or worse, or selling key players and replacing them with no better or a lot worse.

My take is that whoever is in charge of football affairs has been appointed by “the board”, basically SL who sanctions the advice. Now we can all agree that SL has rebuilt a good stadium and great training facilities as well as funding not unsubstantial amounts of dosh on players. But I really think that it would appear his seeming reluctance to expand the board to at least getting some extra opinion and vision (i.e. seeking a real football director/football world person) at board level has proven to be a prohibitive factor in us implementing and developing a truly successful plan and philosophy, whether that’s style of play (the famous identity cliche), type of coach and manager.

I think Pearson could turn it around, but he has got to stay up in this league first, and in so doing needs to quickly get some results to buy him time with the fan base crucially. I do think we may have got Pearson in 3 or 5 years too late. 

Like any of our fan base, I feel so pissed off that we seem to repeat this cycle so much, even when there are signs of recovery or progress. I think the philosophy/mentality has got to come from the top. With that I mean the board and SL. (That isn’t just about SL putting his hand in his pocket all the time - some of the time maybe, but wisely.) Swansea, Brentford, Norwich, to name 3 obvious recent clubs over those last 10 years, have seemed to have a whole club football plan that have resulted in getting the right type of coach and players to fit that. They’ve had a few unsuccessful recruits (particularly Swansea), but in the main they’ve kept and built on their reputation and have had a damn site more success than us.

The board needs to seek real expertise at that level, otherwise SL and JL will be prey to charlatans like Ashton in their decision making. We need a board with a breadth of football and business knowledge, who appear a bit more streetwise in the modern football world and not just business to have a real plan to carry out.

I blame Pearson for the selection and tactical decisions he may make, but I don’t blame him (yet) for the absolute shitshow and blend of a squad that show that many don’t appear to suit a pressing game, or others don’t suit a possession based game, others don’t suit a long ball game. I also don’t blame him for having no money (Club policy towards FFP regs) and so many players in a crap contract situation. It’s the culmination of years without sticking to a plan that shows promise, tearing it all up when a player leaves (i.e. not replacing similar style of player) or some poor results. Blimey both Brentford and Norwich had some poor and slow starts to seasons in the Champ, but had courage to stick at it, maybe tweak things, but they came good.

To be honest all I want is a bit of hope, with or without Pearson, but I’m afraid for all of SL’s undoubted investment in gthe football club, I have little confidence at the moment that the current board show few signs and lack the right astute knowledge to make the correct recruitment decisions on a footballing level.

Please someone make some sensible suggestions of a plan, direction and personnel that might do this - I’m totally out of any ideas!!!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ray savino said:

I blame Pearson for the selection and tactical decisions he may make, but I don’t blame him (yet) for the absolute shitshow and blend of a squad that show that many don’t appear to suit a pressing game, or others don’t suit a possession based game, others don’t suit a long ball game. I also don’t blame him for having no money (Club policy towards FFP regs) and so many players in a crap contract situation. It’s the culmination of years without sticking to a plan that shows promise, tearing it all up when a player leaves (i.e. not replacing similar style of player) or some poor results. Blimey both Brentford and Norwich had some poor and slow starts to seasons in the Champ, but had courage to stick at it, maybe tweak things, but they came good.

Great overall post….but this ⬆️⬆️⬆️ for me hits the nail on the head.