IGNORED

Away “fan” behaviour

Wrongagain

Totally ashamed of some of the idiots yesterday! Saw so called fans physically attacking stewards and police because they could not access the bar during the  medical emergency, in my opinion they were not only drunk but very likely using drugs - please liaise with the WBA officials to use their video evidence and prevent these clowns masquerading as BCFC fans in the future!

Ticketing is also a farce, it is presumed that away tickets are regarded as a free for all - if you want to stand at the back, fine! Buy a ticket for a seat there! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We always have an element and I was sat directly in front of the confrontation. Throughout the match a few of ours where having discussions with the stewards about how they handled our supporters, I can agree with some of it but not all of it . When it was obvious we wouldn’t get much joy the stewards became their main occupation rather than the football. Easy to make all away game unreserved seating but that also might split up groups who want to sit together. As for the sitting on your seat it’s hard to police or is it even worth trying ?‍♂️

24 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Heard they were singing they wanted LJ back, shows how long they must have supported BCFC or just thick as sh1t

They were a total embarassment all game. I'm also one for unreserved seating at away games but the atmosphere was toxic even before the game yesterday.

Worst away day in a long time and some of the fans must not have been supporting the club very long or out for the 'day out'. To$$ers

• Like 1

The issues of ticketing and standing often crop up. It went way way beyond that yesterday.

Setting off flares in a very confined concourse area is about as selfish, thoughtless and dangerous as it gets.

During both medical emergency delays there was a rush to the bars (as if that was all people could think of) and abuse, threats, fighting to try to get there. 

What I found most embarrassing of all was the response of some of our fans to those people, stewards, police and medics, who were doing their level best to help a City fan who was clearly very very unwell. At Newcastle that was recognised with a chant of “hero’s”. All I heard from some of our fans yesterday was a chant of “you don’t know what you’re doing”. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, italian dave said:

The issues of ticketing and standing often crop up. It went way way beyond that yesterday.

Setting off flares in a very confined concourse area is about as selfish, thoughtless and dangerous as it gets.

During both medical emergency delays there was a rush to the bars (as if that was all people could think of) and abuse, threats, fighting to try to get there. 

What I found most embarrassing of all was the response of some of our fans to those people, stewards, police and medics, who were doing their level best to help a City fan who was clearly very very unwell. At Newcastle that was recognised with a chant of “hero’s”. All I heard from some of our fans yesterday was a chant of “you don’t know what you’re doing”. 

And is it just me who thought the chant of “City till I die” while the gentleman was being treated and then taken out of the stand whilst clearly unwell was a bit inappropriate? 

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Agree with everything you said about attacking stewards but every team in the country know that away ends are unreserved. I’ve never heard another clubs fans moaning about it but ours , very strange.

News to me

Why are row / seat numbers printed on tickets then?

• Like 2

I mean it’s a problem in away ends (at least well attended ones) up and down the country just as it’s a problem in city and town centres up and down the country. And if you ever have the misfortune to find yourself at a big Saturday race meeting at Ascot and the like then it can be even worse.

Maybe this always feels the case but it feels like it’s getting worse. It ruins the day when you’re near them and it’s beyond embarrassing. I’m sure we’ve all had one too many at some point and not covered ourselves in glory but when you see the same people week in week out you can only feel pity for them. No idea what you do about it

I don’t mean stereotype a certain type of fan but at the back behind the goal we’re lots of younger teenage supporters where lots of the chanting was coming from.Although there was zero stewarding in that area as i even had people stood in front of me in the same row which is ridiculous and the exits were completely blocked with people and i also saw a few beer bottles in that area too 

I would add at one point they were waving around a half broken seat, where it came from I’ve no idea but one brainless individual after waving it over their head decided to throw it towards those in front 

As has been said before a lot of these don’t regularly attend away games 

Edited by walnutroof
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Agree with everything you said about attacking stewards but every team in the country know that away ends are unreserved. I’ve never heard another clubs fans moaning about it but ours , very strange.

They’re not. Fulham, QPR, Brentford you have to sit in your seat. Elland Road they made us sit in our seats apart from a Sunday afternoon when there was hardly any away fans, Villa Park we had to sit in our seats. 

• Like 5

Agree with most of the earlier posts.

Setting off pyros in the concourse is pretty stupid. Don’t know what the medical issue was with our fan but if it was breathing difficulties then some people need to have a think about actions and consequences.

Group of stone island Tweenies in front of me barely watched the match. Just pointed and gestured to home fans all game only to occasionally break into “you’re not fit to wear the shirt” to motivate our team mid-match.

I’m all for a bit of noise and banter, but there was pretty stupid little boys about yesterday.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Gumpster1 said:

Agree with most of the earlier posts.

Setting off pyros in the concourse is pretty stupid. Don’t know what the medical issue was with our fan but if it was breathing difficulties then some people need to have a think about actions and consequences.

Group of stone island Tweenies in front of me barely watched the match. Just pointed and gestured to home fans all game only to occasionally break into “you’re not fit to wear the shirt” to motivate our team mid-match.

I’m all for a bit of noise and banter, but there was pretty stupid little boys about yesterday.

They grow up.

I honestly don’t think it’s any worse than at any time in the past.

If I’m honest I think it’s much, much better. However I accept that the modern over reaction to anything really is par for the course ?

• Like 3