IGNORED

Away “fan” behaviour

Wrongagain

The chant 'Your not fit to wear the shirts' was really bad, have the supporters not been to WBA before we have let in 4 goals on most occasions, we did quite well keeping it to 3. These are Premiership clubs playing in the Championship they get paracute payments so they can keep thier permiership player, we know is's not a fair league but just to stay in it is an accoplishment so just be happy with our team competing with these bigger team and beating some of them.

'City till I die' is a bit daft when you say that they are not fit !

24 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I take it your one of the people who sit down the front with a beetroot sandwich and blanket then .

I find it hilarious that people get so worked up over others sitting down at a football match, get over it, it doesn’t affect anyone standing at the back big deal. 

OMG someone is sitting down big deal grow up. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Robin 1

30 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I take it your one of the people who sit down the front with a beetroot sandwich and blanket then .

If I’m attending a match with a group of 8-10 of us I expect to be able sit together in the seats I bothered to book together

Not be told by some Stone Thailand wearing, coked up little **** on his only big day out of the season “sit where you want mate innit”

Edited by 54-46
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, dave36 said:

Totally ashamed of some of the idiots yesterday! Saw so called fans physically attacking stewards and police because they could not access the bar during the  medical emergency, in my opinion they were not only drunk but very likely using drugs - please liaise with the WBA officials to use their video evidence and prevent these clowns masquerading as BCFC fans in the future!

Ticketing is also a farce, it is presumed that away tickets are regarded as a free for all - if you want to stand at the back, fine! Buy a ticket for a seat there! 

2 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Heard they were singing they wanted LJ back, shows how long they must have supported BCFC or just thick as sh1t

Calling for Johnson to come back !!!?

Definitely sad losers on hard drugs.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, phantom said:

So a club can allocate the correct number of tickets 

Can’t believe with technology available these days clubs can’t know when they’ve sold out an away end without having to have seat info on the ticket or even print “unreserved” after the details if that’s the case

4 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

If I’m attending a match with a group of 8-10 of us I expect to be able sit together in the seats I bothered to book together

Not be told by some Stone Thailand wearing, coked up little **** on his only big day out of the season “sit where you want mate innit”

??everyone knows it’s sit where you want at away matches 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 2

15 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

You can’t be serious, there’s not another club in the country that moan about away matches being unreserved. Some right soft melts at this club?

Its actually baffling. You see packed away ends up and down the country with fans of other clubs happily standing where they want. Aslong as i have got a place to stand with my mates I couldn’t give two ***** to be honest.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, dave36 said:

Totally ashamed of some of the idiots yesterday! Saw so called fans physically attacking stewards and police because they could not access the bar during the  medical emergency, in my opinion they were not only drunk but very likely using drugs - please liaise with the WBA officials to use their video evidence and prevent these clowns masquerading as BCFC fans in the future!

Ticketing is also a farce, it is presumed that away tickets are regarded as a free for all - if you want to stand at the back, fine! Buy a ticket for a seat there! 

Jesus wept, we have some absolute wet weekends that follow this football club don’t we.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

The issues of ticketing and standing often crop up. It went way way beyond that yesterday.

Setting off flares in a very confined concourse area is about as selfish, thoughtless and dangerous as it gets.

During both medical emergency delays there was a rush to the bars (as if that was all people could think of) and abuse, threats, fighting to try to get there. 

What I found most embarrassing of all was the response of some of our fans to those people, stewards, police and medics, who were doing their level best to help a City fan who was clearly very very unwell. At Newcastle that was recognised with a chant of “hero’s”. All I heard from some of our fans yesterday was a chant of “you don’t know what you’re doing”. 

And meanwhile Ajax Amsterdam are performing pyro shows like this without a complaint in sight. The dutch must have stronger lungs than us English I’m guessing?

6 minutes ago, bris red said:

Its actually baffling. You see packed away ends up and down the country with fans of other clubs happily standing where they want. Aslong as i have got a place to stand with my mates I couldn’t give two ***** to be honest.

6 minutes ago, bris red said:

Exactly, the weirdest thing about yesterday was we had more stood up all game than we did at are local derby at Cardiff . We have some right prawn sandwichers at this club sometimes .

Edited by Wiltshire robin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bris red said:

And meanwhile Ajax Amsterdam are performing pyro shows like this without a complaint in sight. The dutch must have stronger lungs than us English I’m guessing?

Well, for starters, that’s outside. I don’t know whether you were at West Brom yesterday, and saw where they were being set off by our idiots. 

Yesterday we aimed to stand in our actual seats but others were there, we just went in the row behind. Eventually those with tickets there came up & asked us to move, so we did & had to ask the lads in front of us to do so as well. Luckily it was early enough that they could find elsewhere. 

If you have it unreserved you won’t get these problems because nobody will think a seat belongs to them & will have to go where ever there are seats free.

I don’t see the issue with it tbh. I think City sell away tickets as unreserved to away fans. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Yesterday we aimed to stand in our actual seats but others were there, we just went in the row behind. Eventually those with tickets there came up & asked us to move, so we did & had to ask the lads in front of us to do so as well. Luckily it was early enough that they could find elsewhere. 

If you have it unreserved you won’t get these problems because nobody will think a seat belongs to them & will have to go where ever there are seats free.

I don’t see the issue with it tbh. I think City sell away tickets as unreserved to away fans. 

That would be the most sensible approach for all clubs imho. Those that are wanting to sit at the front or stand at the back ot wherever can then get in earlier and those that don’t really care can then just rock up.  Just needs to be clear.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, foghornred said:

The chant 'Your not fit to wear the shirts' was really bad, have the supporters not been to WBA before we have let in 4 goals on most occasions, we did quite well keeping it to 3. These are Premiership clubs playing in the Championship they get paracute payments so they can keep thier permiership player, we know is's not a fair league but just to stay in it is an accoplishment so just be happy with our team competing with these bigger team and beating some of them.

'City till I die' is a bit daft when you say that they are not fit !

But why is it we surrender so meekly where others have actually given WBA a game and made them fight for the points?

11 minutes ago, lenred said:

That would be the most sensible approach for all clubs imho. Those that are wanting to sit at the front or stand at the back ot wherever can then get in earlier and those that don’t really care can then just rock up.  Just needs to be clear.  

I agree that would help. Some clubs do that - us included apparently although I didn’t  realise that till seeing it above.

The problem with the numbered seats on tickets is that if we don’t sell many tickets then sitting where you want is what tends fo happen anyway and there’s no problems. If we do sell lots then it becomes impossible for the stewards to police that - as was evidently the case yesterday. So it just happens by default. 

I understand @54-46’s dilemma when there are 8-10 of you. I guess you just have to get there early enough - and given the numbers who seem to emerge from the bar at 2.59 most matches - probably not that early!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bris red said:

"Without a complaint in sight" - currently being investigated by UEFA.

Many European countries also require fans submit applications for pyro displays and I believe they're actually quite controlled, in specific areas etc.

Totally different from a random away concourse.

• Thanks 1

You quite often get it, at the Posh game some lad was trollied and was asked by the stewards to sit near the front as he was battered.  But come our goal he ran up the steps to his mates and wrestling a couple of stewards and was promptly ejected. Same guy was letching all over the poor girl serving the teas under the stand.  Its sadly just part of the day out for some people. 

My stance on the away end ticketing is this.

It is de facto unreserved, and should be. Mates tickets all aren’t linked and you’d end up with the farcical scenario of three friends in different parts of the end, because ticketing isn’t sophisticated enough to manage them buying separately, but wanting to sit together.

However.

If you want to sit where you want, don’t come in, at five to three, having got tanked up or coked up before hand and try and force your way to where you want to be, and where other people are sat. If you want it unreserved - fine. But get to your preferred seat and claim it early, and don’t act pro cake by wanting to sit where you want and pro eating it by wanting to turn up when you want, which is invariably the problem that occurs

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

19 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

"Without a complaint in sight" - currently being investigated by UEFA.

Many European countries also require fans submit applications for pyro displays and I believe they're actually quite controlled, in specific areas etc.

Totally different from a random away concourse.

And not just any random away concourse, but one that was small, enclosed, low ceiling, and packed, making it hard for anyone who needed to to get out quickly. That's why I asked @bris red if he'd been there. Because I defy anyone who was there to argue that what happened wasn't unsafe.

I've got a particular view on this because I've got a friend who's got cystic fibrosis - and follows City. When your lung function is 30% then these things are a real problem outdoors in the stand. In a setting like the concourse yesterday they're literally life threatening.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I agree that would help. Some clubs do that - us included apparently although I didn’t  realise that till seeing it above.

The problem with the numbered seats on tickets is that if we don’t sell many tickets then sitting where you want is what tends fo happen anyway and there’s no problems. If we do sell lots then it becomes impossible for the stewards to police that - as was evidently the case yesterday. So it just happens by default. 

I understand @54-46’s dilemma when there are 8-10 of you. I guess you just have to get there early enough - and given the numbers who seem to emerge from the bar at 2.59 most matches - probably not that early!

I presume if it was the same every week people would just naturally get into a rhythm. I can see it from both sides personally.  Had to move from my already shit seat to an even worse one at the Euro semis as a load of chopped up ******* decided to embark upon our row and basically stand in front of us instead of going wherever their seat was (if they had one - that’s another topic). It’s seriously bloody annoying. Other times I’ve taken the opportunity to improve my view if its a situation where people aren’t sitting in their allotted seats when the away end isn’t full. And other times (Fulham away before covid for example) it’s a case of just trying to get a view somewhere / anywhere. Think if it was officially unallocated it would just alleviate any difficulties and uncomfortableness that sometimes comes with it.  

Edited by lenred
  • Like 4