IGNORED

Away “fan” behaviour

Wrongagain

Most of the problems I’ve witnessed when away stems from one thing. People who want to stand congregate at the back of the stand and those who want to sit generally know to take the lower seats, in both cases whether they are allocated to them or not.

At some grounds you are met by a steward who directs you to your allocated seat on your ticket, this is the first problem as it may not be suitable so you move somewhere else. At 2.58/7.43 someone then rocks up and decides they want the seat as it’s ‘theirs’

The bigger problem is though that groups of lads, as it tends to be ‘lads’, roll up late and can’t get into a crammed stand at the back of the block with all the super fan singers so they park themselves lower down and  then stand in front of elderly or children who have been in the ground for an hour or more so they could get a seat they could watch the match from. Selfish gits the lot of them as they won’t move or sit down. I’ve seen them ruin many peoples away day. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, bris red said:

Its actually baffling. You see packed away ends up and down the country with fans of other clubs happily standing where they want. Aslong as i have got a place to stand with my mates I couldn’t give two ***** to be honest.

Exactly!

No 'kin thought about anyone else!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 54-46 said:

If I’m attending a match with a group of 8-10 of us I expect to be able sit together in the seats I bothered to book together

Not be told by some Stone Thailand wearing, coked up little **** on his only big day out of the season “sit where you want mate innit”

Being serious, what were you like in your youth? 

Nearly every generation bar the ones the last 20 years had someone to attach themselves too, kids don’t anymore. 

Skins, mods, rockers, punks, casuals etc. 

You genuinely sound like one of the blokes who enjoyed themselves in their day, now are getting older and resent the youth.

The Same as “the atmosphere and football isn’t like it was in my day” 

In reality, life has got in the way, you got a wife at home, kids, a mortgage and you don’t enjoy it as much anymore, your no longer 17 with no pressures in life. 

Edited by S25loyal

All would be so much easier if City sold two classes of ticket.

One for the block directly behind the goal, unreserved, stand when you've paid to sit, don't worry if you can't see half the game because you're pi**ed up on your phone, apparently would rather be anywhere but at the match. Let's call it the 'Fu*kWit ticket'.

The outer blocks, for fans who enjoy and understand football, who would like to be there given the time and expense already incurred in doing so, the type of folks who not only might recognise a library when they see one but have historically entered one or more in their time. Let's call that the 'Here For The Football Ticket'.

It's pretty much what happens already.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

Most of the problems I’ve witnessed when away stems from one thing. People who want to stand congregate at the back of the stand and those who want to sit generally know to take the lower seats, in both cases whether they are allocated to them or not.

At some grounds you are met by a steward who directs you to your allocated seat on your ticket, this is the first problem as it may not be suitable so you move somewhere else. At 2.58/7.43 someone then rocks up and decides they want the seat as it’s ‘theirs’

The bigger problem is though that groups of lads, as it tends to be ‘lads’, roll up late and can’t get into a crammed stand at the back of the block with all the super fan singers so they park themselves lower down and  then stand in front of elderly or children who have been in the ground for an hour or more so they could get a seat they could watch the match from. Selfish gits the lot of them as they won’t move or sit down. I’ve seen them ruin many peoples away day. 

Why do these "entitled to stand where they want" fans so often chose to move into an area of the stand where there are obviously not enough spaces for them and as you say just before or after kickoff?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

They’re not. Fulham, QPR, Brentford you have to sit in your seat. Elland Road they made us sit in our seats apart from a Sunday afternoon when there was hardly any away fans, Villa Park we had to sit in our seats. 

I’ve been to all of those grounds and never sat in my correct seat. Always stood up. 

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

One for the block directly behind the goal, unreserved, stand when you've paid to sit, don't worry if you can't see half the game because you're pi**ed up on your phone, apparently would rather be anywhere but at the match. Let's call it the 'Fu*kWit ticket'.

The outer blocks, for fans who enjoy and understand football, who would like to be there given the time and expense already incurred in doing so, the type of folks who not only might recognise a library when they see one but have historically entered one or more in their time. Let's call that the 'Here For The Football Ticket'.

Ah, the good old super fan mentality.

You tell others how they should watch a football game. 

#superfan

3 minutes ago, Midred said:

Why do these "entitled to stand where they want" fans so often chose to move into an area of the stand where there are obviously not enough spaces for them and as you say just before or after kickoff?

I had that yesterday and ended up with people stood in front of me in my row, no stewards to be seen for the entire game despite the stairs being completely blocked with people 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Sorry everyone should just sit in there hands all game like you then . Never known a clubs fan base like it ,must be something in the water down here .

Yet the same people wonder why we keep failing as a club, get battered on and off the pitch by everyone. 

8 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Sorry everyone should just sit in there hands all game like you then . Never known a clubs fan base like it ,must be something in the water down here .

Sitting or standing is not the point. It's the inconsideration of some.

Some people have no option but to sit on their hands (or in there hands as you put it), due to an inability to stand.

But as long as you can do what you want, I suppose that doesn't enter your head.

1 minute ago, S25loyal said:

Yet the same people wonder why we keep failing as a club, get battered on and off the pitch by everyone. 

I know right the clubs becoming more and more of a soft touch , what’s even more worrying is the rumours going round Saturday that the south stand is gonna be re-named after a rugby player (John pullin). 

Just now, Redtucks said:

Sitting or standing is not the point. It's the inconsideration of some.

Some people have no option but to sit on their hands (or in there hands as you put it), due to an inability to stand.

But as long as you can do what you want, I suppose that doesn't enter your head.

Not what I’m saying. Anyone that’s old or has medical disability shouldn’t have an issue sitting down it’s the day trippers who expect everyone to sit in the right seat and not stand up that pisses people off 

4 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Not what I’m saying. Anyone that’s old or has medical disability shouldn’t have an issue sitting down it’s the day trippers who expect everyone to sit in the right seat and not stand up that pisses people off 

.......and anyone who has paid for a seat, and prefers to sit and watch the game, should not have to put up with inconsiderates who decide to stand in front of them and who then hurl abuse when asked to sit down.

That's what also pisses people off!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Being serious, what were you like in your youth? 

Nearly every generation bar the ones the last 20 years had someone to attach themselves too, kids don’t anymore. 

Skins, mods, rockers, punks, casuals etc. 

You genuinely sound like one of the blokes who enjoyed themselves in their day, now are getting older and resent the youth.

The Same as “the atmosphere and football isn’t like it was in my day” 

In reality, life has got in the way, you got a wife at home, kids, a mortgage and you don’t enjoy it as much anymore, your no longer 17 with no pressures in life. 

I did enjoy myself “in my day”. Still do tbh. 

No problem with “the youth” either. 

Guilty - wife, kids the lot.  

Not entirely sure wtf any of that has to do with taking exception to an annoying ***** who thinks he can sit / stand where he wants when I’ve bothered to organise a booking for a group of me and my mates to be located together at a match though?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 54-46 said:

I did enjoy myself “in my day”. Still do tbh. 

No problem with “the youth” either. 

Guilty - wife, kids the lot.  

Not entirely sure wtf any of that has to do with taking exception to an annoying ***** who thinks he can sit / stand where he wants when I’ve bothered to organise a booking for a group of me and my mates to be located together at a match though?  

My point being, transport yourself back to their age, I imagine you might had been like them. 

Then transport them to your age now, and they will be saying the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Surprised you can see the football from all the way up there on your high horse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

I'm glad you at least said that tbh. Old people who don't go for the more "lively" sort of support have every right to travel too.

As for your comment on naming the stand after a Rugby player I really would like to say you are talking absolute shit BUT this would not surprise me unfortunately. We aren't even the first listed club on the Stadium Twitter site.......I mean we've only been playing there for 100+ years.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I'm glad you at least said that tbh. Old people who don't go for the more "lively" sort of support have every right to travel too.

As for your comment on naming the stand after a Rugby player I really would like to say you are talking absolute shit BUT this would not surprise me unfortunately. We aren't even the first listed club on the Stadium Twitter site.......I mean we've only been playing there for 100+ years.

I wish I was talking shit , same as you though I wouldn’t be surprised 

1 hour ago, S25loyal said:

Ah, the good old super fan mentality.

You tell others how they should watch a football game. 

#superfan

Not remotely.

Conditions of entry require one to sit in ones allocated seat, not to ruin others enjoyment or carry and discharge pyrotechnics. It's not difficult though F'Wits struggle, like everything else, with simple concepts.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Surprised you can see the football from all the way up there on your high horse.

Unlike most of the F'Wits my trusty stead doesn't do drugs.....

Unlike the F'Wits I do profess to like watching the football for which I've paid admittance.

1 hour ago, Wiltshire robin said:

But they do have an issue. That’s the point. They have an issue when some bunch of tossers come and stand in front of them at 2.55. 

• Like 1

Just now, italian dave said:

But they do have an issue. That’s the point. They have an issue when some bunch of tossers come and stand in front of them at 2.55. 

depends where they sit though , people were sitting in the first few rows yesterday so they shouldn’t have a problem. If they choose to sit half way up the stand what do they expect . Also it’s an away Game most clubs around the country all stand up away , they are lucky it’s not like that at City 

1 minute ago, Wiltshire robin said:

depends where they sit though , people were sitting in the first few rows yesterday so they shouldn’t have a problem. If they choose to sit half way up the stand what do they expect . Also it’s an away Game most clubs around the country all stand up away , they are lucky it’s not like that at City 

But those first few rows were pretty full, so how do you know that other elderly or disabled people who couldn’t sit there were having to stand elsewhere? 

I’m not aware that it was a big issue yesterday as it happens - and certainly not in the context of all the other crap going on. 

But I’ve seen it on plenty of occasions where the scenario @RedM describes has happened: the seats further back being full so just stand anywhere - to quote one poster on here ‘as long as I can stand with my mates I don’t give two ***’. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

But those first few rows were pretty full, so how do you know that other elderly or disabled people who couldn’t sit there were having to stand elsewhere? 

I’m not aware that it was a big issue yesterday as it happens - and certainly not in the context of all the other crap going on. 

But I’ve seen it on plenty of occasions where the scenario @RedM describes has happened: the seats further back being full so just stand anywhere - to quote one poster on here ‘as long as I can stand with my mates I don’t give two ***’. 

Look it is what it is , as said before on this thread no other club moans about it why are fans get so uptight about it even though we rarely sell out is weird .