IGNORED

Away “fan” behaviour

Wrongagain

48 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

Despite what an earlier person suggested, I think part of the problem is that a lot of people genuinely don’t know whether seats are unreserved or not.

If clubs were clear that seats were unreserved, people who wanted to sit would gravitate to the front. The problem is that many of these aren’t sure, so sit in their prescribed seats. These might be in the middle of the stand, where they don’t really want to be and tying up seats where the ‘lads’ want to be, forcing them to the front.

Everyone loses.

I like the idea of selling 2 classes of tickets, priced the same, but indicating ‘singing’ or ‘family’ sections. Surely this can’t be too difficult?

I don’t disagree with most of this, but the first paragraph: it’s written on the ticket, so I’m not sure how difficult it can be! Don’t want to know, or too drunk to read maybe. 

47 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I don’t disagree with most of this, but the first paragraph: it’s written on the ticket, so I’m not sure how difficult it can be! Don’t want to know, or too drunk to read maybe. 

Can't really be surprising nobody wants to know when you don't even get a choice on where to sit, tbf.

Let people choose their seats and the problem dies down a little in my opinion. Would stop the people who would rather be in the bottom of the stand getting stuck at the top and being unable to see the game, caught up in pyro, etc.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ostrich said:

I mean it’s a problem in away ends (at least well attended ones) up and down the country just as it’s a problem in city and town centres up and down the country. And if you ever have the misfortune to find yourself at a big Saturday race meeting at Ascot and the like then it can be even worse.

Maybe this always feels the case but it feels like it’s getting worse. It ruins the day when you’re near them and it’s beyond embarrassing. I’m sure we’ve all had one too many at some point and not covered ourselves in glory but when you see the same people week in week out you can only feel pity for them. No idea what you do about it

There seems to be a part of our population that think you cannot have a good time unless you are totally off your face on alcohol or other substances. Whatever terrible things they do are excused under the statement, well I was pissed. They have no self respect and no respect for others. Sadly many of the people are perfectly good citizens when sober

21 minutes ago, big dosser said:

lads will be lads

alot of the young lads i see are quite polite 

sometimes its a case of the older generation having a quite respectful word rather than having ago at them

im sure alot of us forget we were young once and as we all know you grow up in time and learn to respect others.

You must be joking, you only have to look at them when they are in that mood and before you know it you have 5 or 6 heroes on your back.

14 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

I accept I am a older chap, but there seems a lot of mention on this thread about cocaine.

I know that is it is prevalent in society in general, but is this now a thing with younger ‘fans’ attending away games? Or, I guess , home games.

Looking for a number ye?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There has probably been a bit of a resurgence of it post Covid, generally- it isn't hooliganism, but I dunno the correct word for it.

Young people enjoying themselves after being cooped up for the best part of two years for the precise benefit of a generation that insist on doing nothing but vilifying them? Maybe. It’s a football match ffs. I thought we were supposed to be the snowflakes. 

Edited by Greedo
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Personally I rarely sit in my seat at away games, and that's purely because I usual go on my own and I like to locate myself in and amongst the "noisier" fans and have a sing song. On your own it's fairly easy to squeeze in next to like minded people and not have to worry too much. 

I'm the opposite I tend to relocate my ass to a quieter bit of the stand.  The loud fans tend to locate themselves along the back in the roof of the stands as a general rule,  so I normally end up sitting near the front.  The only places I've had issues moving around are Reading and Cardiff most will let you move to a quieter bit of the ground. 

1 hour ago, big dosser said:

lads will be lads

alot of the young lads i see are quite polite 

sometimes its a case of the older generation having a quite respectful word rather than having ago at them

im sure alot of us forget we were young once and as we all know you grow up in time and learn to respect others.

This is true enough. Not City specific but saw some, well some Fulham standard anyway possibly lads,quite young on the bus a few weeks ago after the home game. They were drinking cans of alcohol and a bit noisy at times but from what I observed, seemed pretty polite generally.

7 hours ago, 054123 said:

Yeah, there were some good times at the Mem. If anything, rather like football, the atmosphere has died with the move to an all seater stadium.

I just feel the decline has been even more so with Bristol.

The move to Ashton Gate has had several effects.

Firstly a significant increase in attendance figures. 20,000 plus!

All seated has had some negative effect on crowd support noise simply because with over 10,000 ST's, the more noisy fans are spread out.

The negative at any rugby match in an all seated stadium? Too many just there to drink, drink and drink some more. Are they really supporters or just out on a drinking social with mates? From five minutes after kick off to end of each half. This is the same whether Ashton Gate, Cardiff and Twickenham.

If they allow drinks on terraces at football it will be intolerable. Only solution is to shut the bars during play.