IGNORED

British Legion Poppy pin

1960maaan

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

If you buy a poppy, more if you look out for the City Poppy pin/badge . Consider buying direct from the British Legion.
It may be a little more expensive, but at least you know all the money goes to the cause you are trying to support. Some, though not all , will take a chunk of what you pay for themselves , but going direct cuts that out. 

https://www.poppyshop.org.uk/products/bristol-city-poppy-football-pin-2021

JW2480_AA21JW248099ONZ_Bristol_City_Poppy_Football_Pin_2021_700x700.jpg.webp.bfff395f62acd28a2e3ff175035cab56.webp

Done.

Thanks 1960. ?

• Admin
1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I buy direct so all money goes to the British Legion. I doubt City sale these out of the goodness of their hearts. 

Is it any difference to all the places that sell popppies etc? 

100% of those sales go to the RBL

The cost would be the indicator 

34 minutes ago, phantom said:

I’ve always bought from the Coopers, especially as over the years they’ve been very successful in raising decent money for The British Legion.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Possibly, but not necessarily .
You can pay the same price for anything as in the manufacturers , they allow for a mark up & profit.
You may be right, and TBF I've bought from the Coopers before now, and they might give all money to the Legion. I'm wary of places that say "all profits" . While it says that on RBL site, you know just manufacturing costs are taken, if the same is done at a 3rd party shop they may also take their 'costs'. 
That said, some profit is better than none, my original concern were for the  sellers that possibly have no link to the RBL at all.

On 28/10/2021 at 16:17, Alwaysdreaming said:

Lets moan about Bristol City again without actually knowing the facts loves a moan. Get a grip of yourself 

FFS 

I haven't mentioned City or anyone. There are some of these badges where money doesn't go to the RBL, some where only a percentage goes.
All I've said is here's the link, and from this site ALL money goes to the cause. 

Do you know what, I don't even know if City sell the pin badges.

I said consider going direct, get the badge from anyone you want, I really don't care.

Seems like you're the one that needs a moan.

On 27/10/2021 at 11:31, 1960maaan said:

If you buy a poppy, more if you look out for the City Poppy pin/badge . Consider buying direct from the British Legion.
It may be a little more expensive, but at least you know all the money goes to the cause you are trying to support. Some, though not all , will take a chunk of what you pay for themselves , but going direct cuts that out. 

https://www.poppyshop.org.uk/products/bristol-city-poppy-football-pin-2021

JW2480_AA21JW248099ONZ_Bristol_City_Poppy_Football_Pin_2021_700x700.jpg.webp.bfff395f62acd28a2e3ff175035cab56.webp

Thanks for the heads up. Bought mine through Amazon from The RBL Store. Free P&P. 

Royal British Legion Bristol City Poppy Football Pin 2021 : Amazon.co.uk: Jewellery

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wow - this is controversial - watch from 02:59 here - is this true?!

Which bit do you find shocking?

A CEO of a charity will earn a fraction of someone in a similar position who works in the private sector, a lot of the buildings and property charities occupy are been given to them with the expressed intention that they are used for charitable purposes, also charities have to have cash reserves - this is to demonstrate that they are being properly run.

You also have to factor in that the return on the investments the charities make from this cash reserve is huge.

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Which bit do you find shocking?

A CEO of a charity will earn a fraction of someone in a similar position who works in the private sector, a lot of the buildings and property charities occupy are been given to them with the expressed intention that they are used for charitable purposes, also charities have to have cash reserves - this is to demonstrate that they are being properly run.

You also have to factor in that the return on the investments the charities make from this cash reserve is huge.

I just found it astonishing that the British Legion has £70m in the bank when so many ex service personnel are homeless ...