IGNORED

is a ref from Sheffield suitable for Saturdays match?

Never to the dark side

Remember us getting Ron Groves from Weston super Mare in the 80s so nothing new here.

I could name Lillington,Ward, Stroud as questionable refs talent wise but i would never question their integrity nor would i question Mr Bramall's

Poor post from such a respected poster.

Believe you me, folks in certain parts of Yorkshire detest folks from other parts of Yorkshire as much as they do non-Yorkshire folks. I know a lad who has a tatoo on his leg saying "**** all Wessies" (West Yorkshire people). I realise Barnsley and Sheffield aren't too far apart but I don't reckon they have much of an affinity!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Mr p don from tonypandy was a bad ref back in the day.

The worst who we had a few times under tc.

Mr v singh, he was terrible.

All people who originate from Tonypandy are top quality and integrity whatever their line of work is. My Father and Grandmother both told me this when I was very young.

Neither if them ever lied to me so the referee Mr Don must have been excellent!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Isn't that a stupid saying when you think about it.

Apparently, it's just very old. This word order style is fairly common in early modern English for a marked imperative.

A few examples of phrases like "give ye them" in the bible, or "Take you me for a sponge, my Lord?" from Hamlet (loads of these in Shakespeare it seems).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

Believe you me, folks in certain parts of Yorkshire detest folks from other parts of Yorkshire as much as they do non-Yorkshire folks. I know a lad who has a tatoo on his leg saying "**** all Wessies" (West Yorkshire people). I realise Barnsley and Sheffield aren't too far apart but I don't reckon they have much of an affinity!

I lived in Sheffs for a while, and constantly heard Barnsley FC referred to as "The Dingles"