IGNORED

win or out.

Hampshire reds

14 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

For me super nige has to get a win on sat. another defeat and for me changes will be needed. only my opinion. the usual ones who dont have an opinion will be giving me stick for this post. It will be 18 games which is not good enough. believe it or not i want him to be good for city but so far it is not good enough. Or have i missed something 

Why would anybody who dont have an opinion give you any stick?

Anybody with an opinion if different to yours might do 

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

i go to all home games and alot of away games and i post shit. fair enough. Tell me another club who would put up with 17 home games without a win. Davefevs you will never agree with me. which is fair enough. City fans are to easy pleased.

Some of us have sat through 10 consecutive defeats so I’ve no idea why you’re complaining.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

For me super nige has to get a win on sat. another defeat and for me changes will be needed. only my opinion. the usual ones who dont have an opinion will be giving me stick for this post. It will be 18 games which is not good enough. believe it or not i want him to be good for city but so far it is not good enough. Or have i missed something 

Fair enough, but who would you replace him with? We can't sack him and expect results to improve with Fleming or Ball in charge can we?

4 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

i go to all home games and alot of away games and i post shit. fair enough. Tell me another club who would put up with 17 home games without a win. Davefevs you will never agree with me. which is fair enough. City fans are to easy pleased.

I do sometimes.  Not on posts like this.  It doesn’t matter which games you attend, going home and away gives you no more of a right to be right than someone who doesn’t.  I does probably give you right to have an opinion of player performance than someone who listens on BBCRB though.  I’m far from easily pleased, but I recognise where we are.

My sensible response to this is:

- I’d be more concerned, much more concerned if it was 17 consecutive games without a win.  As it stands we’ve got some good results away in the meantime that means I’m relatively chilled and I therefore don’t see player confidence destroyed.  That might not carry on, but nor might the home form.  Before these 3 games, we’d gone 7 games with one defeat (home and away).

It was always gonna be a tough season.  If you judge everything by results / league position, then fine.  But there is a bigger picture at play, a club that got a bit big for its boots, spent too much, managed contracts poorly and left Nige in a very weak position.

FWIW I do expect Nige to do a bit better with what he has, but that is more about performances than results.  Just bottom half was what I predicted, and I see nothing to change that view.

Having said that, I’m content to watch slightly dull, direct football if it is part of the journey whilst Nige develops the squad.  As a supporter who goes to home games, I can accept stodgy home performances and results if we achieve mid/bottom half because we get enough points on the road (lucky away fans I say).

I might be disappointed to not see a win at home all season, but if we pick up away points at the same rate as currently, I don’t really care…honestly.

I look at some of the younger players and feel enthusiastic that next season they can be better than this year.  Massengo, Tanner, Atkinson, Scott, Pring, Dasilva, Conway, Bell, all able to contribute more than this season.

On the flipside, the likes of Danny Simpson aren’t likely to still be featuring in the 18….he was a temporary cheap wage option to bide us time.  Nige brought forward the Tanner signing….he’s thinking ahead.  I don’t think Simpson has played poorly in the games he’s played.

What is your view if we see a £35m loss when the accounts for 20/21 are announced?

What is your view that Nige has cut £10-12m of costs out if the club this season, and the same the season after?  Especially without having players to sell?

You can keep blaming Nige, and finding new ways to express your view that you want him sacked.  That’s your prerogative.

Im not even gonna ask you who’d you’d replace him with, as you’re right, you’re not the person who has to.  But, what type / pedigree of manager might come in under these conditions?  It’s not gonna be an Eddie Howe, a Chris Wilder type.  It’s gonna be a Mike Flynn, Ryan Lowe type.  You might be happy with that, and think that they can do a similar job to LJ.  They might indeed.  But they won’t have anything like the resources LJ had, so bare that in mind.

I might give you the odd flippant response back, but mostly will go into full detail to explain why my view is different to yours / anyone else’s.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Robin 1

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Ok, I'll bite.

Hampshire Red. You have no conception of what has gone on and is still going on at BCFC.

This experienced manager has been brought into the club to oversee and change what has been going wrong for years. He inherited a squad of players that seemed to be underachieving, for whatever reason. Be that attitude, overpaid and overvalued, injury prone and with a mentality of not too worried if we get beaten. For the first part of his tenure he presided over a squad of walking wounded or, players that didn't want to get injured, for fear of ruining their chance of earning a contract elsewhere.

Then we had the close season, where he had to sort the wheat from the chaff as best he could while reducing the wage bill at the same time, by getting rid of some players he just maybe might have wanted to keep. He brought in tried and trusted players with the likes of James King and Simpson, some for their playing ability and some for their influence in the dressing room and on the training ground. He re signed two existing previously injured players, hoping that his new medical man would improve their ability to contribute more regularly, I believe this has worked so far.

The aforementioned medical/fitness man has I believe improved the overall fitness of the squad. Though we are still suffering at this moment with various problems which must give selection and continuity of performance problems for the manager.

He also brought in Two young inexperienced players at this level and utilised several other players who were previously performing at 3rd and 4th tier football, all have made serious advances within and to the team. I refer to Atkinson, Tanner, Pring and to a lesser degree Bakinson. Add to that the use of other young inexperienced players this and last term and anyone bar the blind or those with an agenda against Pearson would have to agree that this has been and will continue to be a very difficult job, that only an experienced person could undertake.

I have to say Hampshire Red that, you must rank as one of the most uneducated outspoken follower of a football club that I have ever experienced. Until you know anything about the game and it's management, I'd suggest you keep your mean minded, ill informed opinions to yourself. And let the rest of us idiots have a rest from the Pearson out posts.

On a side note, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if SL decided after a couple of years of sorting the basics of the club out, that he'd ditch Pearson and employ yet another "young hungry" coach, that he believes will offer his best chance of success, for fear of being shown up by the experienced football man. 

Please type quicker, could’ve saved myself a lot of time. ???

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Some of us have sat through 10 consecutive defeats so I’ve no idea why you’re complaining.

You haven’t mate - firstly our record run of consecutive defeats in our history is 8 and secondly that run included away games - so you didn’t ‘sit through’ that run - @Davefevscan’t believe you liked the post above, surely with your spreadsheet analysis you knew Robbored was exaggerating once again?! ??

• Flames 1

51 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

@Hampshire reds  casually browsing the forum when he sees his latest Pearson out post drop off the front page

Jose Mourinho GIF by Dream Team FC

Totally off topic, as is often my wont, but do you have any idea what the incident was that changed Mourinho from his happy, chuckling stage to a raving madman?

I can now see from where Steve Cooper and his entourage learnt their pitchside demeanour. 

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

Give it a rest. You really don't understand how difficult it is to redress the massive damage done in the last five years by the "Unmentionables".

One point above the bottom three at the end of season will be a magnificent achievement by Pearson, coaches, medical staff, playing staff and supporters.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You haven’t mate - firstly our record run of consecutive defeats in our history is 8 and secondly that run included away games - so you didn’t ‘sit through’ that run - @Davefevscan’t believe you liked the post above, surely with your spreadsheet analysis you knew Robbored was exaggerating once again?! ??

Was the sentiment of it.

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He does support Rovers though remember.

• Flames 1