IGNORED

win or out.

Hampshire reds

27 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Davefevs.i could reply by telling you to F off like some do to me. but what is the point. you have plenty to say which is fine that is what an open forum is all about. some on here dont start topics just like slagging fellow city fans off. in my mind that is very sad. i want super nige to be a success but up to now its been dreadful. hopefully a win tomorrow to get things going at home. i stand by what i say defeat and a change is needed. 18 games at home would be embarrassing. 

I’m not asking you to change your opinion.

I’m asking you to read my post(s) and at least understand why I might have a different view to you.  As I’ve said before, I actually understand why you have your view.  But it seems you don’t want to understand why I have mine.

I try and be courteous in most posts I make on here.  I might occasionally be flippant.  You haven’t told me to eff off, so all is cool on that front.

I feel like Julia Roberts in Notting Hill.  “I'm also just a OTIB poster, standing in front of a another OTIB poster, asking him to understand me” ?

2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Dean Holden had a 44% win ratio.

Super nige so far has a 21% win ratio.

The fan base wanted rid of Dean but seem to think the world of super Nige. i wait for Davefevs and his followers to give me stick

Yes because one was Dean Holden and the other is Nigel Pearson? 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Why not have a go at replying to one of my posts?  Tell me on each point why your view is different to mine. The thing is I completely get why you have your view.  You seem to have little inclination to understand why others have a different view to yours.

For info, I didn’t want to get rid of Dean.

Do I have followers?  Whoohoo….how exciting.  Maybe it’s because I articulate my thoughts into posts that allow discussion, rather than think anyone with a different opinion is wrong.

I wait for @Hampshire redsto write a constructive reply to a post where I’ve replied to him / her.

Brilliant - I'm not alone in not wanting Holden to go!! 

22 minutes ago, PunkRockDad said:

Brilliant - I'm not alone in not wanting Holden to go!! 

I thought it was a bit of over-reaction.  He showed some inexperience, not gonna argue that.  But he also had a CEO who was looking out for himself, an owner who’d taken his eye of the ball, and a Chairman who was looking at property in Bermuda.

It did feel like it was unraveling a bit, but that was when he needed help from above, from his coaching staff and from the players.  He didn’t get it. 

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought it was a bit of over-reaction.  He showed some inexperience, not gonna argue that.  But he also had a CEO who was looking out for himself, an owner who’d taken his eye of the ball, and a Chairman who was looking at property in Bermuda.

It did feel like it was unraveling a bit, but that was when he needed help from above, from his coaching staff and from the players.  He didn’t get it. 

I fully agree. I think inexperience was to be expected and he never got the support when needed. 

I think Holden will go on to prove himself as a very capable manager. I very much hope he does too. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He also had three quarters of his first choice eleven injured (medium to long term).

Won 4 and drew 1 of the first 5 with his first team and then the Mawson and Weimann injuries against Boro were the beginning of an horrendously unlucky run with injuries.

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

Davefevs.i could reply by telling you to F off like some do to me. but what is the point. you have plenty to say which is fine that is what an open forum is all about. some on here dont start topics just like slagging fellow city fans off. in my mind that is very sad. i want super nige to be a success but up to now its been dreadful. hopefully a win tomorrow to get things going at home. i stand by what i say defeat and a change is needed. 18 games at home would be embarrassing. 

How can you write you want Nige to succeed when virtually every post turns in to a rant against him. If you want him out  that's your opinion but please don't pretend you want him to succeed. That is pure bull.

23 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

For me super nige has to get a win on sat. another defeat and for me changes will be needed. only my opinion. the usual ones who dont have an opinion will be giving me stick for this post. It will be 18 games which is not good enough. believe it or not i want him to be good for city but so far it is not good enough. Or have i missed something 

'Don't Have An Opinion'.

If we didn't have an opinion you wouldn't be fishing. Woe is me, people disagree with me. Do you want everyone to simply agree with your view? - I which case - narcissism of the highest order, congrats.
Never mind the fact you consistently say he should be sacked if X, then say the second part in bold - which evidently is not true, otherwise there's no point to this thread, you evidently think he should be sacked.

Just say who you want to replace him, I'll wait.

A driver can't do much to save the car when the wheels have been stolen, engine's not turning over, and the brakes are seized. Just try to keep it rolling and fix things a step at a time. We need patience as a fanbase.

If that can't be managed, politely, bugger off.

Also, yet another pointless thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

How can you write you want Nige to succeed when virtually every post turns in to a rant against him. If you want him out  that's your opinion but please don't pretend you want him to succeed. That is pure bull.

This.

5 hours ago, billywedlock said:

The other position Nige has said we are not covered, is that of a genuine wide player, winger if you like. That, and the missing forward, as big pieces of the jigsaw missing. Antoine he has mentioned, could play in a front three, as he seems to want to play a 4-3-3 . So we are some way off the type of team he is aiming for. Atkinson looks to be a sensational signing and we are only seeing glimpses of his talent IMHO. But with Kalas we will have two of the quickest players, not just defenders, in the league. So you can sense where we are going but in midfield and up front we are missing the pace and power we saw WBA and Bournemouth have. We are in a compromised situation right now. I understood the resigning of Baker, not that of Weimann . King and Simpson are one season stop gaps. I doubt next year we will have Martin, COD, Palmer , Bakinson, Moore , Cundy (who), Vyner and maybe Wells (who has played well recently) . If I am right then maybe 8 players needed (Wells and Palmer might be saleable as their transfer fees will have been depreciated enough, wages an issue though) . But then the opportunity is real to reshape the squad. Recruitment then is key, and the thread created by Harry becomes essential . I am waiting for this , as I think with where we were , it was a squad inadequate, even if at home we should be doing better, it was a squad assembled at huge cost, but was miles off what a Prem squad would look like. WBA and Bournemouth were huge powerful sides, and they were the worst of the Prem, but looked like men vs boys with us. It shows how far off the recruitment we were. The Rennie video on the official site, demonstrates how far off we were in terms of power and intensity. So whilst I share concerns about the current situation, I also look forward. I still remain positive that we have a manager willing to play and develop young players from our ranks, that alone is such a rare commodity . People really are underestimating how brave that is for a manager. But he really believes in these guys . Pearson has also said we need to have players that have scope to develop into Prem players, and he is trying to assemble that squad (Atkinson a prime example). Some are at the club already. I like that he works with a small squad, that he wants the whole club working together (he is brilliant around the club, I was told directly by a few staff, non football, that he is exceptional) . I just like those vibes, and whilst I am as unhappy as the next fan with some of our play, i do believe we need to give him time. When it clicks we will have a young, fit, powerful and committed team . That is my take. I do not see quick fixes or any spending out of trouble, it is hard work, with a plan. I feel finally we are putting in place a setup for the Prem, before it felt like L1 club done good and making it up as we went along. When we get in place all of the elements , we will be a damn healthy club, squad and team, and will be very successful. 

Unfortunately all that could be stymied if we get relegated in the meantime…

2 hours ago, PunkRockDad said:

I fully agree. I think inexperience was to be expected and he never got the support when needed. 

I think Holden will go on to prove himself as a very capable manager. I very much hope he does too. 

So do I, I didn't like the idea of him getting the gig but he wasn't given the help needed in his brief time as manager.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bpexile said:

So do I, I didn't like the idea of him getting the gig but he wasn't given the help needed in his brief time as manager.

he got us safe and i respect him highly for that. he did take over when the team was united to a degree and pulling together. NP wasnt afforded that luxury.

i was over the moon when he was appointed,and still am.he does know how to build a prem team,more importantly,he knows how to get out of this division, id much rather trust that than try another young up and coming manager who has to learn on the job. he needs time and support from everyone,not just sl.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ooRya said:

I can understand the whole thing about "3 year project" "sorting out the mess" £clearing the dead wood" etc, but the thing that concerns me is that, every single team that comes to Ashton Gate plays better football than us. They run the midfield playing passing football and playing out from the back.

We play kick it long and hope for the best.

If nothing else, surely the blame for that can be laid at Pearson's feet.

Most teams in the last four or five years have come to AG and looked more organised and better than us - that is the problem that needs to be sorted, complete overhaul 

I realise that there will always be posters that say that football was different in the 60s and 70s, but I think history is to be learned from. We spent several seasons flirting with the relegation zone under Alan Dicks while he built a team from the young players that we developed. He signed some old heads along the way to keep our heads above water too, because we had limited resources..... (stop me when this story gets familiar), and despite what some posters say about him now, he was not universally popular throughout that period, but we all know what he achieved.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

i happen to respect you and some others. its good people have opinions. have a look at a reply just above yours about arssholes. to me those comments are pathetic and sums up the person. 

It's because of the way you are posting in this thread Hampshire

You are acting like a 3 year old who wants a new toy, you aren't respecting the vast majority who disagree

For what's its worth, do I think Pearson will get us promoted?

No

Do I think Pearson should be sacked

No

You have to let him see the job through, he will lay the foundations for this club to see a bit of success imo

Like with o'dismal before him, he has to tidy up a massive amount of mismanagement,

Now results haven't been there true, but performances have which is important (West Bromley and Bournemouth aside)

He hasn't lost the dressing room, the players seem to believe in him but you have to realise, they aren't good.enough for this level, that isn't Pearsons fault, that's ashtons

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

It's because of the way you are posting in this thread Hampshire

You are acting like a 3 year old who wants a new toy, you aren't respecting the vast majority who disagree

To be fair, there’s a lot of schoolboy bullying going on in the responses. The guy is entitled to his opinions.