IGNORED

win or out.

Hampshire reds

41 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

To be fair, there’s a lot of schoolboy bullying going on in the responses. The guy is entitled to his opinions.

And I don't disagree but it doesn't lesson other people's opinions that he's belittling 

If you give it you have to be able to take it,

And to be fair Hampshire isn't normally that bad

On 28/10/2021 at 22:24, Hampshire reds said:

i go to all home games and alot of away games and i post shit. fair enough. Tell me another club who would put up with 17 home games without a win. Davefevs you will never agree with me. which is fair enough. City fans are to easy pleased.

Just because you go to games doesn’t mean you know what you’re on about. You constantly post crap. Attention seeking crap as well. 

I won't sack him. We are going nowhere soon, maybe a bit of League One if we are a bit unlucky.

City is a small club, 17, games without a Win at home is not big deal. We are on the same level as Barnsley and probably we will lose today.

You gotta love your club even if is a total shit squad or either is not. For me this is one of the worst squad that we had in the last 5 years.

I will be pleased if we stay up and we continue to get closer to a promotion probably for the next 10-15, years or so.

• Like 1

If we go back to pre season. Most of us were in agreement . NP had a massive job ahead. He had to cut the wage bill , trim the squad & bring in a few players. He done that with very little money spent.

Was it his fault that the previous CEO, & Lansdown saw fit to let 12-13 contracts run down meaning there was no value in any of those players . 

The squad has been in decline for over three years now , the style of football dreadful for all of that time.

Most of us agreed it wouldn’t be turned around easily & would probably get worse before it gets better. That where we are now. There are still 5 players in my opinion that need to go . However with the financial constraints , we can’t just get rid of them & spend millions on replacements. I don’t envy NP at all. It’s a thankless task at the moment.

most of us also said , staying up would be a achievement .

However , we have the usual suspects on here & the wider fanbase expecting  more. We’re not going to get fast flowing exciting football with this squad. I posted before a ball as kicked , this season will be a grind. 
Pearson can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear . The players just simply not good enough at the moment. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

If we go back to pre season. Most of us were in agreement . NP had a massive job ahead. He had to cut the wage bill , trim the squad & bring in a few players. He done that with very little money spent.

Was it his fault that the previous CEO, & Lansdown saw fit to let 12-13 contracts run down meaning there was no value in any of those players . 

The squad has been in decline for over three years now , the style of football dreadful for all of that time.

Most of us agreed it wouldn’t be turned around easily & would probably get worse before it gets better. That where we are now. There are still 5 players in my opinion that need to go . However with the financial constraints , we can’t just get rid of them & spend millions on replacements. I don’t envy NP at all. It’s a thankless task at the moment.

most of us also said , staying up would be a achievement .

However , we have the usual suspects on here & the wider fanbase expecting  more. We’re not going to get fast flowing exciting football with this squad. I posted before a ball as kicked , this season will be a grind. 
Pearson can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear . The players just simply not good enough at the moment. 

This, However frustrating it is we have to hold our nerve - the team needs the fans behind them. full stop.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, City oz said:

The fans are always behind them. It is the team and not the fans that need to step up

I was at West Brom, believe me there were a fair few that wernt. "youre not fit to wear the shirt" was clearly audible  on a few occassions as a starter for ten.

2 minutes ago, Thornbury Red said:

I was at West Brom, believe me there were a fair few that wernt. "youre not fit to wear the shirt" was clearly audible  on a few occassions as a starter for ten.

That's the problem us playing West brim is like man u playing Liverpool, the gulf in class is massive

1 minute ago, Thornbury Red said:

If that is a true fact then it is very unfortunate . Sad in a way but I can understand many fans feelings at the moment

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I realise that there will always be posters that say that football was different in the 60s and 70s, but I think history is to be learned from. We spent several seasons flirting with the relegation zone under Alan Dicks while he built a team from the young players that we developed. He signed some old heads along the way to keep our heads above water too, because we had limited resources..... (stop me when this story gets familiar), and despite what some posters say about him now, he was not universally popular throughout that period, but we all know what he achieved.

This, all day long.

"Dicks out" was sang from ALL stands, you think toxic atmospheres are bad now, nothing compared to then!

Harry Dolman took dogs abuse but, he saw something in AD and kept him, gave him time to assemle a team that got us up. It may be interesting for some but Dicks was £100,000 UP in his transfer dealings when Norman Hunter retired. At the time Harry had also retired and the board at the time had squandered the money. Dicks wanted to sign a virtuality unknown Scottish centre half to take Hunters place. The board said no. The cost? 100k, the player? Willie Miller, still I believe Scotlands record capped player and captain.

The next season we get relegated.

Dicks is our most successful manager because he was given TIME!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

To be fair, there’s a lot of schoolboy bullying going on in the responses. The guy is entitled to his opinions.

Think in all honesty that the majority of posters take the time to construct decent posts of why they have their opinion, and it’s HR getting all arsey….so think you’ve got it the wrong way around.  But as you’re another Nige out, I’m not surprised you see it the way you do. ??‍♂️

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Monkeh said:

It's because of the way you are posting in this thread Hampshire

You are acting like a 3 year old who wants a new toy, you aren't respecting the vast majority who disagree

For what's its worth, do I think Pearson will get us promoted?

No

Do I think Pearson should be sacked

No

You have to let him see the job through, he will lay the foundations for this club to see a bit of success imo

Like with o'dismal before him, he has to tidy up a massive amount of mismanagement,

Now results haven't been there true, but performances have which is important (West Bromley and Bournemouth aside)

He hasn't lost the dressing room, the players seem to believe in him but you have to realise, they aren't good.enough for this level, that isn't Pearsons fault, that's ashtons

Well said Monkeh. Nail on head with that post.

37 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

well done super nige for getting us over the line. how was that super nige he nearly cost us the win with substitute decisions. But we won thats the main thing. 

You just can't leave it alone can you? "Super nige" "he nearly cost us the win"

What really is your beef?

I need to know, explain yourself, coherently so we can all understand.

OR, are you really just a one trick pony with a grudge?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

well done super nige for getting us over the line. how was that super nige he nearly cost us the win with substitute decisions. But we won thats the main thing. 

So even if we win, you still got to have a dig haven't you? Didn't think it was possible given the utter shite you've come out with in recent times, but you're making yourself look an even bigger fool. 

I'm all for different opinions, but it's clear you've got a grudge and a problem with Pearson. Any real City fan would've told you they wouldn't care how we won on the weekend, winning was vital. We did that. They rode their luck at times, as did we. It happens. We've had poor luck go against us (Forest) and luck go for us (Barnsley). This ISN'T down to the manager, regardless of the substitutions.

For what it's worth, his subs could've been better, but believe in the project, get off the high horse and appreciate a damn good, much needed victory. Onwards and upwards. COYR

Edited by Akira
  • Like 8