IGNORED

win or out.

Hampshire reds

23 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Totally off topic, as is often my wont, but do you have any idea what the incident was that changed Mourinho from his happy, chuckling stage to a raving madman?

I can now see from where Steve Cooper and his entourage learnt their pitchside demeanour. 

Believe it's this: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/jose-mourinho-reacts-video-him-21429812 (apologies for linking you that absolute trash)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hampshire reds said:

Blimey someone  going to stick up for me. Be careful the people on here will turn against you. :laugh:. 

Im not too worried about that… you have the right to express your view on the forum and there will be some who agree and some who dont, but theres no need for anyone to be giving people verbal shit because they dont agree

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Blimey someone  going to stick up for me. Be careful the people on here will turn against you. :laugh:. 

i must be honest im on the fence at the moment and can see both sides of the coin.we are a average side playing average football.the plus points for me is seeing some the young lads get a chance to show there ability but i would still like to see a few more especially up front.i see the next 3 games as very important against 3 average sides,3 points or less i fear people will start to turn.

1 hour ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

I think we can reasonably have higher expectations of NP than that. If that is his personal target then we really are in trouble.

That won’t be his personal target but he is attempting to navigate a boat whilst bailing out at the same time .

Staying afloat would be a decent achievement.

7 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

one point above the bottom 3 is a big achievement. really you are having a laugh. that will be a total  embarrassment. please i hope not many agree with that. 

Well we are currently 7 points above the bittom 3 and 5 points off of the play off spots. Of the recent games, losing to two Premiership teams is not a disgrace, and it was a shame that 2 crazy minutes after 90 minutes were up cost us that much needed home win. 

As far as sacking the manager is concerned, that is just ridiculous. The man was tasked with a long term project and you want him gone because we are mid table in the Championship less than a year in, when did that timescale become "long-term"? 

I remember the days when people on here were crying out to be a mid table Championship side.

But, get rid and start again, and again, and again. I mean doing that is working for.....???? Nope, I can't think of anyone either. 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

i go to all home games and alot of away games and i post shit. fair enough. Tell me another club who would put up with 17 home games without a win. Davefevs you will never agree with me. which is fair enough. City fans are to easy pleased.

Lay of the natch.

For me super nige has to get a win on sat. another defeat and for me changes will be needed. only my opinion. the usual ones who dont have an opinion will be giving me stick for this post. It will be 18 games which is not good enough. believe it or not i want him to be good for city but so far it is not good enough. Or have i missed something 

I always thought Hampshire was a nice part of the world.

Whilst Hampshire Red/Reds does post too often absolute tosh, I have started to fight an internal battle with Pearson and his status. I want him to succeed and on one hand understand the need for time, the mess that has been created by many of the senior leadership team, the journey we are likely to be on etc. He’s proven pedigree, most likely the most experienced person we could attract. But there are tiny doubts in there which on a gamely basis i am trying to resist. I hope we stick with Pearson, but I also want more on the pitch (although I dont think are squad is either suitably balanced or good enough - appreciate he needs transfer Windows). 

Supporting Bristol City has never confused me further. 

In all seriousness, do I want him out if we fail to win? Absolutely not, that’s ridiculous.

Even if were to get a new man in, yeah we might get the new manager bounce and win the first 3 games… BUT, that would be papering the cracks.

This ‘project’ is a long one, like it or not. I can’t think of a better man than Nigel Pearson to build it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You haven’t mate - firstly our record run of consecutive defeats in our history is 8 and secondly that run included away games - so you didn’t ‘sit through’ that run - @Davefevscan’t believe you liked the post above, surely with your spreadsheet analysis you knew Robbored was exaggerating once again?! ??

You’re probably referring to 8 league defeats. There were two cup defeats in that run iirc.

No to the OP.

Pearson isn’t stupid, he knows he needs a home win soon but as has been pointed out many times before, you get the same points for an away win & prior to facing Bournemouth & WBA our record was W4 D4 L4, which exceeded my expectations.

I said we’d finish 16th & if he achieves that he’ll have done ok.

22 minutes ago, red panda said:

Ridiculous post, but par for the course.  Very fine margins at play here.  We've conceded injury time equalisers against Blackpool and Luton, and injury time equaliser and defeat against Forest.  Had we seen these games out we would now be 5th in the table.

And in some ways it's probably just as well it gas panned out that way, imagine the expectation level on here if we were doing that well. The only real problem as has been said many times is this weird reversal of home and away form,  I honestly can't remember a period like this past 3 or 4 seasons and of course means that the majority of fans have witnessed the worst results.

10 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

For me super nige has to get a win on sat. another defeat and for me changes will be needed. only my opinion. the usual ones who dont have an opinion will be giving me stick for this post. It will be 18 games which is not good enough. believe it or not i want him to be good for city but so far it is not good enough. Or have i missed something 

Ok I personally don’t agree, but I can understand why some fans have this view. If you look at his record alone you could argue it’s not very good, and in a business based industry that’s what a manager is based on. 

But we all know there’s a bigger picture all round to look at, and Pearson has come in as a long term project to steady the ship, and  gradually improve the playing/non playing staff whilst adhering to strict FFP rules post covid 

Edited by brad blit

one point above the bottom 3 is a big achievement. really you are having a laugh. that will be a total  embarrassment. please i hope not many agree with that. 

If you've read Rich's and DaveFevs posts on Page 1 and let that sink in then you might understand why some fans might see it as an achievement to scrape safety this season (especially after last year).  Doesn't mean people are happy with it, but they may see that as an 'achievement' to secure Championship status for another year given our predicament.

I’ve said before on another thread that I’m disappointed with the situation. I expected better from a Nigel Pearson side. Having said that, I think it would be stupid to sack him - unless we drop into the relegation zone. 
NP should be able to steady us. We’ll see. A loss to Barnsley would be disappointing (understatement) and some serious questions will be asked, but too soon for a sacking imho. 

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Typo

54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

One under LJ just after he took over. I remember a similar run of defeats under his father. I think the Johnsons hold the club record of consecutive defeats between them.

This never happened.

LJ’s longest run of league defeats was actually 8, but as there were 2 cup games in the middle of it, one of which was drawn & we won the other, so the most he actually lost consecutively was 6.

GJ did lose 9 on the spin very early on but that included 2 cup ties, one for what became the JPT, the other was in the FA Cup, so 7 league games.

The run GJ went on after that run though was truly incredible, just 4 defeats in 25 & promotion of course the following season & the play off final in the season after that.

Two points therefore, GJ proved why you should stick with a manager with a track record & some people never let the facts get in the way of posting..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This never happened.

LJ’s longest run of league defeats was actually 8, but as there were 2 cup games in the middle of it, one of which was drawn & we won the other, so the most he actually lost consecutively was 6.

GJ did lose 9 on the spin very early on but that included 2 cup ties, one for what became the JPT, the other was in the FA Cup, so 7 league games.

The run GJ went on after that run though was truly incredible, just 4 defeats in 25 & promotion of course the following season & the play off final in the season after that.

Two points therefore, GJ proved why you should stick with a manager with a track record & some people never let the facts get in the way of posting..

Always good to read true facts and not fake news.